CANADA Kalon David Purvis, 37, Minden Hills Twp, Ontario, 7July 2008

dotr

Reaction score
https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2010004199&id=1
Missing since
July 7, 2008Year of birth1970 Age at disappearance 37 GenderMaleEye colourBrown HairBlack, Wavy, Medium length and parted in the middle Height178cm / 5 ft 10 in Weight73kg / 161lb
BuildMedium
Case reference: 2010004199

Kalon Purvis had been living and working in the Minden area since early May 2008. He had been involved in a car accident on June 19, 2008 resulting in him needing to use a rental car. The small red rental car was returned sometime in July. Mr. Purvis was last seen in July 2008 when he was dropped off in the area of the Home Hardware store in Minden to meet someone he was going to do some work for, for two weeks. Mr. Purvis would have had a large male dog (Rottweiler) named Magnum with him around the time of his disappearance.

This case has 1 Missing persons
Missing from Minden Hills Twp, Ontario
PURVIS, Kalon David

Attachments

• showImage.jpg
    showImage.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 299
Kalon went missing so long ago, it's hard to even begin digging in to who he was, where he hung out, what he liked to do... there is no trail that I can find.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

The experts and even the police say that he likely offended in many jurisdictions dating back to who knows when. He became more sophisticated later on. I would not doubt that he was offending in some way shape or form in 2000 or perhaps before. KP looks very close to the photo realest and hopefully the TPS knows when it was taken from the data retrieved.Does it fit in the time line? May be mid way through his learning curve?

The experts and even the police say that he likely offended in many jurisdictions dating back to who knows when. He became more sophisticated later on. I would not doubt that he was offending in some way shape or form in 2000 or perhaps before. KP looks very close to the photo realest and hopefully the TPS knows when it was taken from the data retrieved.Does it fit in the time line? May be mid way through his learning curve?

My thoughts exactly.

Kalon went missing so long ago, it's hard to even begin digging in to who he was, where he hung out, what he liked to do... there is no trail that I can find.

What we know from the missing person's database info on Kalon is that he "had only been living in the Minden area for approximately six weeks prior to his disappearance."

Interesting to me is that BM began using the Mallory property in 2010, Kalon went missing in 2008.

It's possible that if the unidentified deceased photo is of Kalon, BM could have been operating his kills and keeping remains elsewhere prior to 2010. Could have been anywhere is the Kawarthas. Where could that elsewhere be?
Where was BM working in 2008?
Also, BM and Skandaraj ended their relationship in 2007/08.

I really hope BMs family is cooperating and providing all the locations of BMs over the years.

Interesting to me is that BM began using the Mallory property in 2010, Kalon went missing in 2008.

Fraser said that he started storing things in her garage "about 10 years ago". So it could have been as early as 2008 since we don't have an exact date. 2010 is only confirmed because Skanda Navaratnam was identified.
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens...29-2018-episode-transcript-1.4511172#segment1

It's possible that if the unidentified deceased photo is of Kalon, BM could have been operating his kills and keeping remains elsewhere prior to 2010. Could have been anywhere is the Kawarthas. Where could that elsewhere be?
Where was BM working in 2008?
Also, BM and Skandaraj ended their relationship in 2007/08.

I think the interesting timeline point is that Kalon went missing a few months after BM finished his probation for the pipe attack. I think that new freedom would have made him feel secure and therefore more likely to murder someone. He would have been living in Toronto in 2008, but Kalon went missing less than a 2 hour drive from the city.

Also the property in Madoc they searched wasn't owned by BM and he was landscaping there recently. So maybe he's always had rural GTA clients. This would also fit with the work Kalon was picked up to do right before he disappeared.

Fraser said that he started storing things in her garage "about 10 years ago". So it could have been as early as 2008 since we don't have an exact date. 2010 is only confirmed because Skanda Navaratnam was identified.
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens...29-2018-episode-transcript-1.4511172#segment1

I think the interesting timeline point is that Kalon went missing a few months after BM finished his probation for the pipe attack. I think that new freedom would have made him feel secure and therefore more likely to murder someone. He would have been living in Toronto in 2008, but Kalon went missing less than a 2 hour drive from the city.

Also the property in Madoc they searched wasn't owned by BM and he was landscaping there recently. So maybe he's always had rural GTA clients. This would also fit with the work Kalon was picked up to do right before he disappeared.
Welcome to Ws MissMme, thanks for the informative post!

I second that Welcome!

Thank you for this insight.

IMO I also agree that that there are many similarities between the UID (Pervis) and the man in the TPS photo.

While I hate pure speculation, I feel that it may be beneficial to consider the following:

The missing persons report for Purvis stated that he would have had his rottweiler with him at the time of his disappearance. A breed of dog known for their ability to protect their owner. That being said, the dog would have either had to of been in another room at the time the act was committed, or the dog would have had to of been around McArthur long enough to not consider him a threat. If by chance remains were discovered either with the remains of the man in the photo or in close proximity to, and those remains could not be positively identified as being human remains, it may be safe to conclude that the man is the TPS photo is in fact Pervis.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

IMO I also agree that that there are many similarities between the UID (Pervis) and the man in the TPS photo.

While I hate pure speculation, I feel that it may be beneficial to consider the following:

The missing persons report for Purvis stated that he would have had his rottweiler with him at the time of his disappearance. A breed of dog known for their ability to protect their owner. That being said, the dog would have either had to of been in another room at the time the act was committed, or the dog would have had to of been around McArthur long enough to not consider him a threat. If by chance remains were discovered either with the remains of the man in the photo or in close proximity to, and those remains could not be positively identified as being human remains, it may be safe to conclude that the man is the TPS photo is in fact Pervis.

Welcome to Ws br0kenb1nary!
Excellent point about if non-human remains are found, ie they might belong to the missing dog.
imo, speculation.

IMO - I also wonder if the dog was killed prior to KP's death and was dumped at a different location. KP was said to have just moved to the area from which he dissapeated, so I am wondering where he was coming from.

I surmize that Kalon was around the Lindsay area, because one of his missing reports say he was last seen at car rental place in Lindsay... Maybe that was the closest car rental to Minden though... I wonder where Kalon lived prior to Minden. I did find his facebook... not much there... It appears he did spend some time in Burnt River as well.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Minden,+ON/Burnt+River,+Kawartha+Lakes,+ON+K0M+1C0/Lindsay,+ON/Fenelon+Falls,+Kawartha+Lakes,+ON/@44.6399991,-78.9847355,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m26!4m25!1m5!1m1!1s0x4cd50e61be3853d9:0xd09aa02afc20cb2e!2m2!1d-78.725375!2d44.9271767!1m5!1m1!1s0x4cd5216e0e2e85bf:0x20f198f775de73c9!2m2!1d-78.6997389!2d44.678584!1m5!1m1!1s0x89d57943ced02e9b:0xb421ea4d7f05de08!2m2!1d-78.7407542!2d44.3565742!1m5!1m1!1s0x4cd52e953ad1ea21:0x6ab999e81c2bf308!2m2!1d-78.7361328!2d44.5370197!3e0
Minden, Lindsay, Burnt River, Fenlon Falls - all in the same area...

Also, if its true about BM using GHB - that would knock a dog right out too...

I surmize that Kalon was around the Lindsay area, because one of his missing reports say he was last seen at car rental place in Lindsay... Maybe that was the closest car rental to Minden though... I wonder where Kalon lived prior to Minden. I did find his facebook... not much there... It appears he did spend some time in Burnt River as well.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Minden,+ON/Burnt+River,+Kawartha+Lakes,+ON+K0M+1C0/Lindsay,+ON/Fenelon+Falls,+Kawartha+Lakes,+ON/@44.6399991,-78.9847355,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m26!4m25!1m5!1m1!1s0x4cd50e61be3853d9:0xd09aa02afc20cb2e!2m2!1d-78.725375!2d44.9271767!1m5!1m1!1s0x4cd5216e0e2e85bf:0x20f198f775de73c9!2m2!1d-78.6997389!2d44.678584!1m5!1m1!1s0x89d57943ced02e9b:0xb421ea4d7f05de08!2m2!1d-78.7407542!2d44.3565742!1m5!1m1!1s0x4cd52e953ad1ea21:0x6ab999e81c2bf308!2m2!1d-78.7361328!2d44.5370197!3e0
Minden, Lindsay, Burnt River, Fenlon Falls - all in the same area...

Also, if its true about BM using GHB - that would knock a dog right out too...

LoyalSleuth, is it possible to send a link of his FB? If not, could you see his friend list and or local groups/functions/communities he was connected to?

I wonder who reported him missing. When I googled his name, not much came up and that indicated to me that he likely doesn't have much of a family to be looking for him or he is from another country, perhaps? JMO

LoyalSleuth, is it possible to send a link of his FB? If not, could you see his friend list and or local groups/functions/communities he was connected to?

I wonder who reported him missing. When I googled his name, not much came up and that indicated to me that he likely doesn't have much of a family to be looking for him or he is from another country, perhaps? JMO
In am not 100%certain it is his Facebook, But I believe it to be for these reasons;
- No profile pic
- No activity for 11 years
- Someone in his friends with same last name and similar looks
- a video of ATVing in Burnt River

If you search his name in Facebook you will find it there are not many.

Not linking as I am not 100%certain, 99.1% though.

In the interest of privacy I have chosen not to publish the details discovered which include an address, and phone number as well as the name of a notify party.

A bill of loading has been found with the shipping as well as the receiver name of Kalon Purvis.

The remote address is in Bermuda and the local address is in Port Perry which is only 42.1km (a 37 minute drive) from/to Lindsay, Ontario.

The arrival date was 2007-09-03 and the container weight was 998 LB which was marked as "Used Personal Effect".

I do have the name of the transportation company as well as the notify name on record of the individual at the transportation company.

The phone number discovered (although registered publicly to Kalon Purvis) is actually registered through Bell Canada as a land-line to an individual with a different first name however the address does show as being registered to the Port Perry address.

A link to the bill of loading has not been posted as the details contain personal information of individuals who may be unrelated to the case.

In the interest of privacy I have chosen not to publish the details discovered which include an address, and phone number as well as the name of a notify party.

A bill of loading has been found with the shipping as well as the receiver name of Kalon Purvis.

The remote address is in Bermuda and the local address is in Port Perry which is only 42.1km (a 37 minute drive) from/to Lindsay, Ontario.

The arrival date was 2007-09-03 and the container weight was 998 LB which was marked as "Used Personal Effect".

I do have the name of the transportation company as well as the notify name on record of the individual at the transportation company.

The phone number discovered (although registered publicly to Kalon Purvis) is actually registered through Bell Canada as a land-line to an individual with a different first name however the address does show as being registered to the Port Perry address.

A link to the bill of loading has not been posted as the details contain personal information of individuals who may be unrelated to the case.

Thanks for this info!
The Bermuda information varifies my initial hunch that he may have been from another country and so most relatives live outside of Canada, and that's why no one is really looking for him.

Thanks for this info!
The Bermuda information varifies my initial hunch that he may have been from another country and so most relatives live outside of Canada, and that's why no one is really looking for him.
Also it appears the address of which the phone number is registered to is a BnB.

IMO - Speculating but perhaps McArthur stayed there, met Purvis and offered him work?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back