Found Deceased OH - Joseph 'Joey' Herring, 37, Martins Ferry, 9 Jan 2018

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Martins Ferry man still missing[/h]
MARTINS FERRY — Every week Paul Herring drives around and puts up fresh posters on utility poles to let people know that his brother, Joey Herring, still is missing.

On the evening of Jan. 9, Joey Herring was pouring pop into cups during a birthday party for his son at his Broadway Street home in Martins Ferry, according to family members. He set down a 2-liter bottle and walked out the door. He never came back.

“I don’t know if he was getting air. A long time ago he was mixed up with the wrong people. His wife was sick. She just passed away recently,” Paul Herring said. “I don’t think it had to do with drugs or anything. I don’t know what happened. I wish I did.”

Paul Herring, a Tiltonsville resident, said he learned of his brother’s vanishing the next morning when he arrived at Joey’s home to pick him up for work at about 8 a.m. Paul Herring said he recently started a new business and his brother was excited about having a new job.
The Martins Ferry Police Department is investigating the case and can be reached at 740-633-2121. Joey Herring has dark hair, a mustache and a goatee. He is 5 feet 8 inches tall with a thin build and no distinguishing marks on his body.
Read more: http://www.timesleaderonline.com/news/local-news/2018/03/martins-ferry-man-still-missing/

Joseph Herring, 37, of Martins Ferry, walked out of his home on January 9th. He was reportedly going to the kitchen to get soft drinks for his four children, but he dropped the bottle and left the house. One of the children reportedly noticed him outside, half walking, half jogging, away. His children are in the care of family members. Herring's wife, who was gravely ill at the time of his disappearance, has since passed away.

MISSING%20MEN%20FS_1520547742169.jpg_36340778_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

http://www.wtrf.com/community/search-continues-for-two-local-missing-men/1021728234

From above...
...“It’s important to note that this case is not closed,” said Wheeling Police Public Information Officer Philip Stahl. “We still have a lot of investigative work that needs to be done. We still don’t know how Mr. Herring ended up in the Ohio River, or why he ended up there. So, we’re going to work with the Martins Ferry Police and get some more answers.”

Missing man’s body found
MARTINS FERRY — West Virginia officials have identified the body found Sunday in the back channel of the Ohio River as a missing man from here.

The West Virginia Medical Examiner’s Office said Joseph Herring, 37, of Martins Ferry, was the man pulled from the southern bank of Wheeling Island. He had been missing since Jan. 9. The office said it used dental records to make the identification.

The Wheeling Police Department released the information late Thursday afternoon. Philip Stahl, public information officer for the department, wrote in his release that the cause and manner of Herring’s death remained unknown. However, he said, there were no obvious signs of foul play.

http://www.timesleaderonline.com/news/local-news/2018/05/missing-mans-body-found/

RIP Joey :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back