Actor Darren McGavin dies

Cypros said:
"A Christmas Story" is a must-see every Holiday season. McGavin's portrayal of the gruff but loving father who was enthralled with sexy leglamp he received as a raffle prize cracks me up.

My first memory of McGavin was as a young kid watching the spooky Night Stalker series.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/26/obit.mcgavin.ap/index.html

Another great one gone. We love "A Christmas Story" so much, that we bought it. He is soooo funny. AND, you're right. He was great in that spooky show, too! We weren't "allowed" to watch it, but we did!

Buzzm1 said:
He was great in the Night Stalker series.

Night Stalker is now available on DVD. It has been in my Netflix queue the last few weeks. I think I'll move it up to the top of the list in honor of Mr. McGavin.
:)

Awww, I loved that guy!! I'll always remember the Night Stalker - that was really good!

Wasn't he also in one or two of the Rambo movies? - Green Beret captain or something. Such a good believable actor with so few awards!

Becba said:
That is my main memory of him. I really loved the guy.
Night Stalker is my main memory of him, too. I caught an episode the other day, and it was great! I'll have to get my kids to watch some eppies...

Becba said:
That is my main memory of him. I really loved the guy.

Awww, me too. He was a hoot. Really brings back memories of watching late night tv w/ my mom.

Eve

Sad to hear this. I loved him in A Christmas Story. It's a tradition in our house to watch it every Christmas season.

I watched The Night Stalker as a kid and it scared the beegeesus out of me (which is why I no longer possess a beegeesus). I got the DVDs for Christmas last year and have been enjoying them over again. (Love that porkpie hat and seersucker suit!)

I think Darren McGavin was a singular talent and a joy to watch. I will miss him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back