Found Deceased MI - Mia Patterson, 26, Detroit, 30 May 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Mia Lynn Patterson
Wayne County, Michigan
26 year old black/african american female

Height: 63-65 inches
Weight: 95-115 lbs

Hair: Brown; Dark brown, cut real short, wavy and curly
Eyes: Brown

She has three small stars tattooed to the side of her eye. It's unknown which eye.
Tongue is pierced, and ears

Mia was last seen in the area of Fenkell and Plymouth area.She always calls her mom a couple of times a month to check on her daughter, but hasn't since May 30th.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/38828/

Could she maybe be this Jane Doe.... http://pix11.com/2018/03/11/police-seek-help-in-identifying-woman-found-in-new-jersey-lake/ It is probably a long shot, but when I look at her photos, I do not see stars on her face (maybe neck instead of face which would be similar to the Jane Doe). Really hope this case gets solved soon!

IDK, but here's the UID thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...iara-quot-Purple-Rose-3-Stars-on-Neck-Mar2018

Maybe someone here can find social media for Mia? Her fb (or intagram or twitter, etc) may have more recent pictures showing her tattoos.

Mia is the 2nd family member to go missing in her family :(

https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/de...t-family-searching-for-two-missing-loved-ones

Quotes from the article:
DETROIT (WXYZ) - Joyce Hunter remembers the last words she heard from her daughter, Carlita Patterson, almost 8 years ago.

"Momma, I'll be right back in a few minutes. I'm just goin' up to Hubble and Fenkell to the store."
That was on November 20, 2009, but Carlita never came home. She hasn't been seen or heard from since then.
Now, she finds herself doing the same thing, but for a different family member. Her niece, Mia Patterson, went missing in late May of 2017.

She was living at her brother's house at Plymouth and Mendota at the time.
Mia's mom, Dawn Patterson, says on May, 30, she said, "I'll be back" and they never saw her again.

She says it's not like her daughter to just disappear without a phone call to let them know where she is or to just check in on her daughter. She suspects foul play and fears Mia is dead.

"I need for the streets to talk," says Dawn Patterson. "Just tell me where she is. You can call anonymously."

Checking to see if we have a thread for Carlita...

ETA: Didn't find a thread so I made one: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?368919-MI-Carlita-Patterson-56-Detroit-20-Nov-2009

Could she maybe be this Jane Doe.... Police seek help in identifying woman found in New Jersey lake It is probably a long shot, but when I look at her photos, I do not see stars on her face (maybe neck instead of face which would be similar to the Jane Doe). Really hope this case gets solved soon!

While investigating this UID, I came across Mia's profile and became interested in the possibility of a match. Here are some details I found interesting.

Mia went missing in May 2017 the UID was located in March 2018. Not quite a year but within the estimated range of UID's death.

Mia was last seen in Detroit while the UID washed ashore in NJ. Quite far apart but we know travel via vehicle is probably a one day or so trip. Not impossible if killer had access to a vehicle.

Mia was 26 when she went missing which is right in line with the UID's estimated age of 18-40.

Both have really short hair though Mia's is described as brown/dark brown while the UID has black hair. That could be subjective descriptions due to different MEs. Do they use a standard hair coloring chart of some sort or is it just described by whomever is conducting the case report?

Mia's eyes are described as brown but we don't know UID's eye color.

The piercings and those stars! First, no mention of UID having any piercings but that doesn't mean she didn't have any either. That detail could have been overlooked, forgotten about, or intentionally held from media releases (don't know why it would be but it could have been).

The stars are not in the same position on their bodies but 3 stars on NECK and 3 stars on EYE?!? Who/why/huh?!? It's not like an infinity sign or zodiac sign which many people have. But stars...and three. Is there a little known symbolization of sorts for three stars? Do we know if Mia's stars were in a row or spaced triangularly, in a circle, etc., spaced closely or far apart? We've seen mistakes made regarding age, race, physical features, etc. This could have been an error or typo. I think it's worth finding out through ME pics or Mia's family.

I don't know the costs of DNA testing, dental comparisons, etc. but it seems testing these two might provide an answer that closes both cases. MOO Having said all of that regarding Mia and UID's potential match, I do have other cases I'll be soon sharing that may match with this UID. This means that I'm not overly convinced this UID is Mia, but I think it's certainly worth exploring/testing.

All above is MOO.

Today (2/17/2019) I sent an email regarding the potential match of UID17575 with Mia Patterson. I will report back if/when I receive a response. Worst-case scenario is it gets ignored. Fingers crossed.

Anna Delaney, Forensic Anthropologist
(609) 584-5054 ext. 5656 | lppdelaan@gw.njsp.org

New Jersey State Police Office of Forensic Services
(609) 584-5054

:) I received the following. Ms. Delaney's contact information is publicly displayed on UID17575's NamUs page. However, please delete if not allowed by Rules and TOS. tia

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

##

date: Feb 19, 2019, 1:40 PM
subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] NamUs UID17575 and Mia Patterson

Anna Delaney <LPPDELAAN@gw.njsp.org>
Feb 19, 2019, 1:40 PM (1 day ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me

Thank you for sending me a potential match. I will take a look at both cases to see if I have the information needed to make a match or exclusion.

Thanks,
Anna

Anna W. Delaney, M.A.
Forensic Anthropologist
New Jersey State Police/
Office of Forensic Science
Forensic Anthropology Unit
1200 Negron Road
Hamilton, NJ 08691
lppdelaan@gw.njsp.org
609-584-5054 ext: 5656 or 5655
cell: 609-475-5094
##

IF/when I hear more I'll update here. Fingers crossed that Mia might been home soon!

Rest in Peace Ms. Patterson. My sincere condolences to family and friends. May justice come swift.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back