Many Britons stumped where 'Chicago' musical is set

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
LOL... and does anyone know what time the 3pm parade starts??

~~~~~~~~~~

Sixty-five per cent of Britons do not know in which US city the hit musical Chicago is set in, a nationwide survey for an upcoming TV quiz show says.

Another 57 per cent did not know where the celebrated television soap opera Dallas was set, and two-thirds were equally at a loss to identify the city at the heart of the Roger Whittaker ballad Streets of London.

YouGov, a market research organisation that uses online panels, questioned 1,000 respondents for a quiz show on Channel 4 titled Beat the Nation that goes on air next Monday local time.

The poll also indicated that 67 per cent of Britons do not know when World War II ended, 64 per cent did not know where the French Alps were, and 70 per cent did not know where the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra is based.

Story from ABC News Online

I remember when someone in college stood up and gave a speech on New Mexico~ thinking that it was part of the COUNTRY OF MEXICO! :laugh:

The American education system needs serious help!

Oh, Cass, we should start a Canadian thread in Jury Room, not "word" games.

I remember when Arnold got elected, a Radio station in Edmonton called and said Jacque Sherack was calling (the prime minister) and deputy prime minister was Don Cherry. Arnold took the call.

While Britons may not know Chicago, Americans may not know ANYTHING about their neighbours... and Canadians alike may not know what Rice Krispies are made of either.

What a bunch we are. :banghead: :laugh: :snooty: :waitasec: :croc: :razz:

I read this and was truly shocked. I hope it is just a wind up and not serious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back