Found Deceased TN - Jesse Reed, 32, Humphreys County, 5 March 2018

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Crews spent their fourth day searching for a missing Nashville firefighter with no sign of him as of Friday night.

The Humphreys County Sheriff's Office said they are executing search warrants on Friday night in Cheatham County and Humphreys County related to Reed's disappearance. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, HCSO and Cheatham County Sheriff's Office are all investigating.bbm

Sheriff Davis said it would be irresponsible not to exhaust all resources and efforts, but he has no evidence that Reed is not in the water.

Reed disappeared Tuesday morning when investigators say his truck went into the Tennessee River in Humphreys County. His truck was found submerged 10 feet underwater. Detectives said it’s strange that the truck windows were rolled down, which would make the truck sink faster.bbm.

The Humphreys Co Sheriff’s Office said they found Reed’s wife alive in a ditch near where her husband’s truck went into the water.

More at link-
http://fox17.com/news/local/crews-s...-firefighter-made-difficult-by-water-currents
7d976d5bd40f716157de9ee1d593573c.jpg

Search warrants? They must be downplaying the foul play theory here... IMO.

Search warrants? They must be downplaying the foul play theory here... IMO.
Normally, I wouldn't post this as it seemed an accident and he is most likely in the water.
It appears with the details there could be something more to this story.

Normally, I wouldn't post this as it seemed an accident and he is most likely in the water.
It appears with the details there could be something more to this story.

I think you are right about that, Lisa, according to these articles:

http://wkrn.com/2018/03/06/crews-search-tennessee-river-for-missing-nashville-firefighter/
Investigators told News 2 cadaver dogs have picked up his scent, but he has not yet been found.

http://wkrn.com/2018/03/08/family-of-missing-nashville-firefighter-says-waiting-is-hardest-part/
Now it’s unclear if he was actually in the vehicle when it went under water.

I'm baffled by his statement: Detectives said it’s strange that the truck windows were rolled down, which would make the truck sink faster.bbm.

You are supposed to roll the windows down as fast as possible if your car hits water or you may not get out alive.

So is the wife saying this was an accident? How did she get in the ditch but the car went into the water? Did she jump out or escape from the water? So many questions!

I'm baffled by his statement: Detectives said it’s strange that the truck windows were rolled down, which would make the truck sink faster.bbm.

You are supposed to roll the windows down as fast as possible if your car hits water or you may not get out alive.

Yeah, all of the reporting on this is strange.

So is the wife saying this was an accident? How did she get in the ditch but the car went into the water? Did she jump out or escape from the water? So many questions!

She must have sustained some injuries by "bailing out" before it hit the water? Unless it was rolling down a slightly declining embankment, or something like that, and going about 2 mph.

My hinky meter is fully engaged and may blow up.

Maybe all the window/s were rolled down. Meaning 4 if it was an extended cab. In a panic one would open windows only they are next to. Strange that the passenger window would be down also since she was thrown (jumped) before it hit the water. Something more to this for sure. IMO

Maybe all the windows were rolled down. Meaning 4 if it was an extended cab. In a panic one would open windows only they are next to. Strange that the passenger window would be down also since she was thrown (jumped) before it hit the water. Something more to this for sure. IMO

Agreed. I think the vehicle was a Jeep Cherokee.

Reed’s vehicle, a Jeep Cherokee, was recovered on Tuesday with all of the windows rolled down.
http://wkrn.com/2018/03/06/crews-search-tennessee-river-for-missing-nashville-firefighter/

Warrants executed from above link tells me LE knows something. IMO

Jesse Reed had served as a Marine before becoming a firefighter and paramedic. His brother, Jason, said he was a good cook as well. I wonder how he came to run off the road -- if he did? I await further details, as I'm sure we all do.

So many possible scenarios here.

-He's in the river
-Lost nearby after getting out of the river
-Staging his own death (perhaps wife collects life insurance)
-Failed murder attempt (of his wife)
-Suicide (or Murder/Suicide attempt)
-Wants to disappear and start a new life

Am I missing anything?

Wife and possible lover want to eliminate husband. Hubby was already dead before he hit the water. Another possible scenario.

Slight variation in timeframe -- initially, it was reported that he went missing late Monday night (March 5, 2018), but this article says Tuesday morning. Also, I envisioned a depth of water greater than 10 feet.

Reed disappeared Tuesday morning when investigators say his truck went into the Tennessee River in Humphreys County. His truck was found submerged 10 feet underwater.

http://fox17.com/news/local/crews-s...-firefighter-made-difficult-by-water-currents

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnonMX
Back