Found Deceased NY - Margaret Thayer, 60, Otsego, 1 March 2018

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
The Otsego County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help finding a missing vulnerable woman.

Deputies say 60-year-old Margaret Thayer was reported missing from Parslow Road in the town of Otsego on March 6. She was last seen at her residence on March 1.

Deputies say Thayer is a vulnerable adult, and she has a medical condition and restricted mobility.

She’s described as being 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighing 140 lbs, with grey hair, hazel eyes and glasses.

Members of the Sheriff’s Office have searched Thayer’s residence and the surrounding area, as well as all medical facilities, and they’ve interviewed Thayer’s family members. Deputies say there has been no contact from Thayer.

http://www.wktv.com/content/news/Ot...seeks-missing-vulnerable-woman-476397163.html
26a3293a7b7bd3ae5ddcaa2219ef84e9.jpg

can she move on her own or would she have needed assistance ?

I'm in the neighboring county, and this is the first time I've heard of this poor missing woman :( We had sooo much snow, there is still a very heavy snow cover in the area. I'll post if I come across any updates.

I looked around a little bit online the other day, but found nothing re: Margaret. Granted, I had time to only check out one local news site, but I was surprised. Thanks for posting the above.

The road she lives on is two miles from my house. It is very, very, rural. I fear she may have walked off the road and onto a path, but with such snow cover, that may not be possible, unless there were snow mobile paths, or plowed driveways to hunting cabins. She will likely be found when all this snow melts. I'm going to take a ride down her road today.

The road she lives on is two miles from my house. It is very, very, rural. I fear she may have walked off the road and onto a path, but with such snow cover, that may not be possible, unless there were snow mobile paths, or plowed driveways to hunting cabins. She will likely be found when all this snow melts. I'm going to take a ride down her road today.

Thanks for looking. I have the same feeling as you, that the snow needs to melt before she's found. Yes, it's very rural, which is why I love the area. Born and bred in the next county over :)

Missing Otsego woman found dead
http://www.thedailystar.com/news/lo...cle_e75faab6-4e4c-55c0-87ce-40390e8764c4.html
A missing Otsego woman was found dead behind her residence Wednesday morning, Otsego County Sheriff Richard Devlin Jr. said in a media release.

Deputies found Margaret R. Thayer, 60, behind her house on Parslow Road in Otsego in an area where snow drifts had been several feet deep. According to the release, it was an area that deputies and New York state K-9 unit had previously searched.

[...]

Missing Otsego woman found dead
http://www.thedailystar.com/news/lo...cle_e75faab6-4e4c-55c0-87ce-40390e8764c4.html
A missing Otsego woman was found dead behind her residence Wednesday morning, Otsego County Sheriff Richard Devlin Jr. said in a media release.

Deputies found Margaret R. Thayer, 60, behind her house on Parslow Road in Otsego in an area where snow drifts had been several feet deep. According to the release, it was an area that deputies and New York state K-9 unit had previously searched.

[...]

Thanks for posting the update. We've had snow melt going on the last few days, so I was hoping she'd be found. RIP, Margaret.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back