TX - Austin Package Bombs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardenista

Reaction score
3rd Explosion in Austin After 2 Package Bombs Linked

Police are responding to another explosion in Austin that badly injured a woman, hours after a package bomb killed a teenager and wounded a woman in a different part of the city.

Austin-Travis County EMS tweeted that an explosion Monday in southeast Austin injured a woman in her 70s, who has been hospitalized with potentially life-threatening injuries. A second woman from that address has been hospitalized with an unrelated medical issue.

Authorities have not said whether the most recent explosion was caused by a package bomb like the one that exploded earlier Monday about 5 miles away, or another earlier this month.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/2-Deadly-Package-Bombs-Austin-476566033.html

I live 5 minutes from the explosion last week, and about 20 minutes from the explosions from today.

I'm sick. So sick. I'm willing to bet these people sat by and watched everything unfold. There's a heavy police presence all around. If you guys need feet on the ground for more info, let me know, as I am local.

I live 5 minutes from the explosion last week, and about 20 minutes from the explosions from today.

I'm sick. So sick. I'm willing to bet these people sat by and watched everything unfold. There's a heavy police presence all around. If you guys need feet on the ground for more info, let me know, as I am local.

Is there any connection between the victims? I remember years ago there were package bombs sent to various individuals in the Mormon community. The link was with an individual who was forging and trying to sell...fraudulent religious documents.

This is terrifying. Praying for a quick arrest.

geez ... hope they catch the person responsible soon ... I agree that s/he is probably sticking around to watch the action somehow

Is there any connection between the victims? I remember years ago there were package bombs sent to various individuals in the Mormon community. The link was with an individual who was forging and trying to sell...fraudulent religious documents.

There doesn't appear to be a relation to the victims. They are different races, so that's not a similarity. The house last week was a pretty nice house, whereas the two from today were in pretty poor communities.

Will dig a little deeper.

That links those two - but what about the one from last week? From the one I saw last week, he was a caucasian male.

I'm not sure. I saw a presser and the officer did state that the victims were African American. There is a video in the link of the presser or part of it.

Here's an article about the one last week:

Police searching for motive in ‘targeted’ northeast Austin explosion

Austin police believe an explosion in northeast Austin that killed a 39-year-old man was an isolated incident and that there is not a continuing threat to the community.

Police say Anthony Stephan House was critically injured in the blast when a device exploded around 6:55 a.m. Friday on the front porch of his home in the 1100 block of Haverford Drive. He died less than an hour later at the hospital. Austin police are investigating the death as suspicious but have not classified it as a homicide at this time.

Neighbors say House was the former president of their HOA. Neighbor Kenneth Thompson, Sr. observed how House’s other neighbors ran to his aid shortly after the explosion. Thompson described House as “a good guy.”

Holy canoli! I hope there is enough evidence to track this killer down and soon! How frightening!

I learned about these package bombings on a post in the Breaking News thread and finally found this thread.
Is there a way to link this thread to that post for others to follow?

Yep, you're right.
I just looked on the local news, and they said white male initially, but it appears they redacted that, and possibly the neighbor was the white male.

So yes, the guy on the 2nd was African American as well.

How freaking sickening, I hate people that hate people because of the color of their skin.

Alright - so I guess we're looking for a white or hispanic male...
Maybe a group, two+ people. Female possibly involved (because let's face it, a female dropping a package is less conspicuous, especially out of a regular car as opposed to a FedEx or UPS truck...)

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I just hope they catch them quick.

He also said that investigators were not ruling out the possibility of the explosions being a hate crime because the victims in those cases are African-American.

https://www.statesman.com/news/brea...-reported-east-austin/2Fhi7i7aSmWoMBS5HHbfeO/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member