Scientology Network set for TV launch

MagicRose99

Watch out for my thorns!
Reaction score
The church of Scientology says it's ready to tell its story.

The church known for its secretiveness and celebrity adherents confirmed that it's launching its own TV network Monday night at 8 EDT. "More information will be available once we began airing," the church said in an email.

Announced on its official Twitter account on Sunday, the Scientology Network will air its programming on DirecTV, Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, iTunes, Google Play and the website Scientology.tv, which on Monday afternoon featured a countdown clock in a cosmic setting.

"The only thing more interesting than what you've heard is what you haven't," teased promotional video included in one tweet.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/scientology-network-set-for-tv-launch/

So...how has this been going? Anyone tuning in? LOL

Yes by accident. LOL

On Directv I noticed a new station was showing some documentary type show about how "Physciatry is an industry of death" or something like that. LOL

I was intrigued and it made some good points and then I realized the channel that the show was coming in on was a new Scientology channel that Directv has now.

24X7 Scientology programming LOL The different shows they have are various kinds of things and some shows they have may not be too bad but I can definitely say they tried to alter peoples views into their thinking on that documentary. It wasnt like they were letting the viewers make up their own mind. They would give their points and then declare things according to their deductions. Some things they said on that particular show I agreed with but others I did not.

Out of curiosity I may try to tune into another show or two just to see how much mind control they are trying to do on the channel. If I watch it again anytime soon I will try to give a review here.

Update on the new Scientology channel.

All JMO
I caught a few more shows from their channel and the theme I get from it is they definitely try to convince viewers to their way of thinking and they do it in a sneaky subtle way so that you dont really realize they are trying to sway your thinking.

They are careful to come across as non-threatening and very family oriented in that if you would ever join Scientology for real then your whole family, life course and life direction is totally immersed into it.

They make everything sound positive and so I am concerned how many people they will be successful in influencing to pursue them. I have my guard up whenever I watch anything on their channel so I am quick to spot their subtle attempts at coersion but I fear that a typical viewer that has no background on that group could be easily swayed into pursuing them. Kinda scary to think about how many poor souls they will sucker into it.

One interesting show they had on was all about some of the processes they have in place with their buildings in Florida and how a person would go into certain "sessions" and get hooked up to a machine like a lie detector. This totally made me realize that Leah is right on about how crazy some of their processes are. I was really surprised on that show how they described more than I thought they would mention publicly about how some of their inner processes work. It was good to see that it was insync with what Leah had claimed happens.

Overall it sounds like a very costly program for a person to join into them. It would hit a person big time financially and emotionally as they want total investment into their way of thinking and their way of someone living their life.

Very scary stuff to me but to a casual viewer it would come accross as non threatening which made it even more scary to me because it basically tricks a person into thinking its such a great thing to join.

All JMO of course.

All JMO
I caught a few more shows from their channel and the theme I get from it is they definitely try to convince viewers to their way of thinking and they do it in a sneaky subtle way so that you dont really realize they are trying to sway your thinking.

>>> rsbm <<<

Overall it sounds like a very costly program for a person to join into them. It would hit a person big time financially and emotionally as they want total investment into their way of thinking and their way of someone living their life.

>>> rsbm <<<
Very scary stuff to me but to a casual viewer it would come accross as non threatening which made it even more scary to me because it basically tricks a person into thinking its such a great thing to join.

All JMO of course.

bbm

Thanks for the great post, Hatfield! You nailed it -- their methods of attracting new members are pernicious, sneaky, and deceptive. Nearly everyone would like to know himself or herself better, to use his/her inner skills to get a better job or a bigger raise, and, and, and. But it does become expensive if you want to progress to higher levels, and those auditing sessions, etc., cost a lot of money. And if you've progressed a bit, by then you're probably hooked.
I still cannot believe how many people join it as adults -- certainly children come in with their parents -- but grown people? I have never known a scientologist (I just cannot capitalize it) personally, AFAIK, but I think I would know.
SMH.
Sitting on my hands now...

Like any cult, they prey on the weak and psychologically needy. If you are strong of character and strong of mind, you won't fall prey to the brainwashing as easily. That is why...question everything. In a cult, they do not allow that sort of divisive behavior.

All JMO

They are careful to come across as non-threatening and very family oriented in that if you would ever join Scientology for real then your whole family, life course and life direction is totally immersed into it.

They make everything sound positive and so I am concerned how many people they will be successful in influencing to pursue them. I have my guard up whenever I watch anything on their channel so I am quick to spot their subtle attempts at coersion but I fear that a typical viewer that has no background on that group could be easily swayed into pursuing them. Kinda scary to think about how many poor souls they will sucker into it.

One interesting show they had on was all about some of the processes they have in place with their buildings in Florida and how a person would go into certain "sessions" and get hooked up to a machine like a lie detector. This totally made me realize that Leah is right on about how crazy some of their processes are. I was really surprised on that show how they described more than I thought they would mention publicly about how some of their inner processes work. It was good to see that it was insync with what Leah had claimed happens.

All JMO of course.
I have not seen any of their broadcasts, and I have not looked for any -- I might, just to see their techniques. When someone on a limited income -- say, family of five in a nice 3-bedroom house, 2 cars, mom works and makes a decent second-income type job, dad works in medium-income job -- they see the shows on TV and think this may really help them get ahead. So the whole family joins CoS, and the parents start their auditing sessions; the kids are with other kids and enjoying themselves; the parents are encouraged and want to go to a higher level, but it costs $2500.00. Now, what do they do? Sell one of their cars? Cash in their Series EE Bonds that are their children's college funds? This is what scares me. But would CoS even try to recruit such a family? Dunno.

Interestingly enough, and I did not know this at the time, when I was working in Clearwater area, THEY had all their buildings monitored. There was both hidden video and AUDIO surveillance around their properties. Due to the nature of my job, that put my work in some jeopardy and I notified my superiors. It's rather disconcerting when you find out after the fact that you have been recorded without your knowledge. THEY are some seriously sneaky and nefarious individuals.

Interestingly enough, and I did not know this at the time, when I was working in Clearwater area, THEY had all their buildings monitored. There was both hidden video and AUDIO surveillance around their properties. Due to the nature of my job, that put my work in some jeopardy and I notified my superiors. It's rather disconcerting when you find out after the fact that you have been recorded without your knowledge. THEY are some seriously sneaky and nefarious individuals.

your job sounds interesting and mysterious

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back