CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
http://montrealgazette.com/news/pol...missing-since-monday-in-ahuntsic-cartierville
attachment.php

Montreal police have launched a search for 10-year-old Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, who left his family home in Ahuntsic-Cartierville at noon on Monday to visit a friend and hasn’t been seen since.

The boy, a francophone who stands 4-foot-7 and weighs about 90 pounds, suffers from a medical condition that requires regular medication. When last seen he was wearing a black hooded coat, grey pants and yellow shoes. He is known to frequent the Maison des jeunes at Mésy Park, Marselin-Wilson Park and the Galerie Normandie.
Police say the child has no record of any problems and that his parents fear for his safety.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 3,330
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-police-missing-boy-10-years-old-1.4573747
Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou hasn't been seen since he left his home around noon Monday to meet a friend.

"It's not something usual for him to disappear like that so his parents were really worried when they advised us," said Const. Raphaël Bergeron.
Police have searched the Maison des jeunes near de Mésy Park, Marcelin-Wilson Park and Galéries Normandie in Ahuntsic-Cartierville.

They also searched businesses open 24 hours a day in the neighbourhood and surrounding areas.

"We checked several places where he could have reached some friends but nobody has seen him," said Bergeron.

Anyone with information is asked to call 911 or the police's Info-Crime hotline at 514-393-1133.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4079614/...ing-10-year-old-boy-in-ahuntsic-cartierville/
Montreal police also stated that Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou’s father had confiscated his video games as a recent punishment.

The Montreal police are asking for anybody that has information about the boy’s disappearance to contact them anonymously at Info-Crime: 514 393-1133.

Cute kid. The fact that he needs medication of some type always worries me. I hope he is found safe!

I received an amber alert notification on my cell at 3:13 pm today. I didn't see any info about a suspect vehicle and the fact that he was last seen yesterday is disturbing. I think Quebec's elementary school kids are off school this week for the "March Break." I guess Ariel didn't contact his friend to let him know he was coming over. I hope he will be seen on camera somewhere and located quickly.

Off to find more info about this.

Montreal police Sgt. Laurent Gingras said an Amber Alert normally isn't issued without certain factors being known.

"For example, we don't have a description of a person who would have kidnapped the boy, we don't have a description of the vehicle involved," Gingras said.

"But we do have the fact that, since it's 24 hours, since he's only 10 years old and since we don't have any historical reports of him missing and the fact it's winter and pretty cold, that's why investigators from the Montreal police decided to issue an Amber Alert."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/amber-alert-issued-for-missing-montreal-boy-10-1.3841147

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...missing-since-monday-in-ahuntsic-cartierville
His mother had a class and his father was working, so they gave their son permission to go to his friend’s house by himself on Monday, which was a pedagogical day
“We are devastated, it has been the longest night we have ever lived,” said Kouadio Kouakou, the boy’s father. “We have confidence that the police will find our child.”

The Amber Alert says it is a case of a possible abduction.

“It has now been more than 24 hours and there’s no sign of this little boy,” said Pina Arcamone, executive director of the Missing Children’s Network. “We are very concerned because he is only 10 years old.”

At age 10, children don’t have all the coping skills to allow them to find refuge or food, she said.

“We are really, really worried.”

Although Montreal police launched an Amber Alert, it doesn’t mean they have evidence that Ariel has been abducted, she said.
Sgt. Laurent Gingras said Montreal police have no idea where the boy is or why he is missing. He asked people in the Ahuntsic-Cartierville borough to look in their backyards to see if the boy is hiding.

“There is no history of him running away or disappearing,” Gingras said. “He has been missing for more than 24 hours and it is cold outside.” The officer said he has a 10-year-old son, and understands how worried the family is. “I would be freaking out,” he said.

[FONT=&amp][/FONT][FONT=&amp]#AlerteAMBERLe #SPVM demande l'aide des citoyens de Montréal, spécialement de #Cartierville, afin de retrouver rapidement Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10 ans. Nous demandons à la dame qui aurait vu le jeune, hier, dans le parc des Bateliers, de communiquer avec nous.

Translation of bolded: Police are asking for a woman who may have seen Ariel in Bateliers Park yesterday to contact them.[/FONT]

French article from La Presse:
Avant de manquer à l'appel, il portait un manteau noir avec un capuchon de fourrure, un pantalon du FC Barcelone rouge et bleu et des souliers de soccer intérieur jaune et orange.

Contrairement à des informations d'abord avancées par la police, le jeune Ariel ne fréquentait pas la Maison des jeunes Mézy, dont le nom est officiellement Maison des jeunes Bordeaux-Cartierville.

« Personne ici ne connaît ce jeune-là. Il a 10 ans et nous, ici, c'est pour les 12-17 ans. Nous avons regardé dans nos fiches et il n'apparaît nulle part non plus », a rectifié le directeur de l'organisation, François Poulin, qui était d'ailleurs surpris de n'avoir reçu aucun appel de la police pour valider cette information. La Maison des jeunes était fermée, lundi.

« Il n'a été vu nulle part, chez aucun de ses amis connus », a rapporté Caroline Chevrefils, porte-parole du SPVM.

Translation: He was last seen wearing a black winter coat with a fur trimmed hood. He was wearing red and blue Barcelona FC pants and yellow and orange indoor soccer shoes.

Contrary to what was earlier reported, Ariel did not go to a youth centre called "la Maison des jeunes Mézy" known officially as "Maison des jeunes Bordeaux-Cartierville." Youth must be 12-17 and there is no record of Ariel ever having been at the Center. The Center was closed yesterday, on Monday.

Police have said that none of Ariel's known friends has seen him.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/j...-retrouver-le-jeune-ariel-jeffrey-kouakou.php

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-police-missing-boy-10-years-old-1.4573747
We have reason to believe that his health is compromised.— Const. Laurent Gingras, Montreal police
"It's an exceptional measure," said Montreal police spokesperson Const. Laurent Gingras. "Usually we would issue an Amber Alert only in circumstances where a criminal act has been committed where for example we have a description of a kidnapper or a description of a getaway car.

"In this case… we have reason to believe that his health is compromised because it's been 24 hours, he's a 10-year-old boy in fourth grade and it's winter."
Last seen in park?

Montreal police say Ariel may have been spotted Monday at 2 p.m. in a neighbourhood park.

Officers are trying to track down a woman who told a passerby she saw a young boy fitting Ariel's description in Parc des Bateliers, which borders the Rivière des Prairies.
By late Tuesday afternoon, had police set up a command post in the neighbourhood, at the corner of Gouin Boulevard and Bois-de-Boulogne Avenue.

The Missing Children's Network, a non-profit group that assists with such cases, became involved on Tuesday morning. Executive Director Pina Arcamone said police made the right move to launch the Amber Alert.
rbbm.

Oh geez I don’t like to hear that he was last seen near Rivières des Praries. Montréal kids are back in school this week- Spring Break was last week though some school days had an extra Ped day yesterday. Have they even been looking at the river? I have not heard that there were any divers out. It’s snowing right now and visibility is pretty bad. Praying for Ariel. My son is 10 as well and I couldn’t imagine..

Oh geez I don’t like to hear that he was last seen near Rivières des Praries. Montréal kids are back in school this week- Spring Break was last week though some school days had an extra Ped day yesterday. Have they even been looking at the river? I have not heard that there were any divers out. It’s snowing right now and visibility is pretty bad. Praying for Ariel. My son is 10 as well and I couldn’t imagine..

Thanks for the school schedule info Gina!

Kids going missing on days where there is a day off school. Sigh...

« Il aurait été aperçu en train de cogner chez son ami sur l'heure du dîner. Mais son ami était déjà au service de garde. Après ça, plus rien. On croit qu'il a été pris par surprise. S'il avait vu venir un danger ou quelqu'un, il aurait couru, en plus que c'est un joueur de soccer », dit son père, qui croit aussi à la thèse de l'enlèvement.

Translation: "Someone would have noticed him at his friend's place knocking on the door at noon, but his friend was at a daycare. After that, nothing. We think he was taken by surprise. If he felt he was in danger, he would have run away, plus he is a soccer player" said his father who believes his son was abducted.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/j...-retrouver-le-jeune-ariel-jeffrey-kouakou.php

I wonder why his father thinks he was abducted vs. he ran away... (since he may have been upset at having his video games taken away, I'd assume he was angry at Dad and took off. Kids have run away for far less IMO).

That said, I don't think he ran away nor was he abducted by a stranger. I just hope he shows up soon!

[bbm]

so you think he's not missing at all? I'm confused

I wonder why his father thinks he was abducted vs. he ran away... (since he may have been upset at having his video games taken away, I'd assume he was angry at Dad and took off. Kids have run away for far less IMO).

That said, I don't think he ran away nor was he abducted by a stranger. I just hope he shows up soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail