GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

Desperate search for Ohio Woman Sierah Joughin Who Vanished While on Bike Ride

Sierah Joughin was out riding with her boyfriend Tuesday before the pair parted ways around 6:45 p.m. near Evergreen High School in Metamora, Ohio. The University of Toledo junior was reported missing by her family later that night when she didn't return home. Her purple bicycle was discovered several rows into a cornfield not far from where she was last seen, Fulton County Sheriff Roy Miller said Thursday. He added that there were signs of struggle.

Ex-con charged in murder of Ohio college student

A sheriff's investigator filed a criminal complaint Tuesday accusing an ex-convict of aggravated murder after a University of Toledo student's body was found following her disappearance last week.James Worley, is charged in the death of 20-year-old Sierah Joughin. She was last seen July 19 riding her bike along a country road with her boyfriend, reports CBS affiliate WTOL. The two parted ways after their ride, but Joughin never made it home.Worley was initially arrested Friday on an abduction charge in the disappearance.[...]The sheriff later confirmed that the remains found in a cornfield Friday were that of Sierah Joughin

.Murder, abduction suspect to remain in jail without bond

WAUSEON — A Fulton County judge today ordered that a murder and abduction suspect should remain in jail without bond.

Case Map [compliments of steelman]

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8

Known and potential victims of accused killer James Dean Worley Thread

Search and Seizure Warrant

Good recap from dixiegirl at the end of the last thread:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...County-19-July-2016-8&p=13990635#post13990635

The first article has information I don't recall seeing about opening day.

http://www.fcnews.org/news/12722/murder-trial-opens-with-revelations

Hasleman then led a quick succession of prosecution witnesses to the stand, including SV, Joughin’s mother; JK, Joughin’s boyfriend; and LS, a County Road 6 resident who witnessed Joughin biking past her home July 19 sometime after 7 p.m. All were questioned to establish the timeline of Joughin’s evening ride and subsequent disappearance.
But the witnesses also included Delta resident MS, who returned to Fulton County the evening of July 19 after visiting a friend in Blissfield, Mich. After a road blockage led her to decide to take a more scenic route home, S***** traveled south on County Road 6 between County Road T and U.S. 120. There, at about 7:20 p.m., she noticed a bicycle lying alongside the road, along with what appeared to be a light-colored garment. After slowing to drive around the obstacles she looked right and spotted a male figure wearing red shorts and a possible white shirt crouched within several rows of corn. S***** said she didn’t know what the male was doing, and saw him for just a few seconds before passing the scene. In cross-examination, she said she couldn’t readily identify the male or what he wore on his upper body, “but he wasn’t that far into the corn, so I saw the red shorts.”

Simon reported tire tracks running perpendicular to the roadway in the northwest portion of the cornfield, and and signs of a struggle that included blood on some corn. Impressions of the tire tracks proved to match the make and model of two tires on a green pickup truck owned by Worley….He said DNA from both subjects was found at three county sites specifically targeted in the investigation.
A search of Worley’s property at 10627 County Road 6 revealed a barn with blacked-out windows and a makeshift U-shaped room inside made of hay bales. Authorities also found a mattress, bags of women’s lingerie, sex toys, sex bondage restraints, duct tape, rubber gloves, clothesline, blood-stained women’s panties, and blood-stained paper towels found to contain both Joughin’s and Worley’s DNA.
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2...es-during-2nd-day-of-Worley-murder-trial.html

Earlier Tuesday morning, law enforcement officers discussed their involvement at the County Road 7 location between roads J and K after a volunteer search party member alerted them that he had seen something out of the ordinary. Volunteer SH testified that he searched on his own and encountered a section of field that appeared to be freshly dug and re-filled. “I noticed something different,” he said, describing an area of disturbed corn. “Part of it was knocked down ... I saw drag marks.” Authorities would later find Ms. Joughin’s body in that area on July 22.
http://nbc24.com/news/local/jurors-...-bloodied-helmet-adult-diaper-in-murder-trial

Investigators also found hay in Joughin's hair at the time of her death and stuck to the duct tape that bound her ankles. Hay was also found in Worley's ban and on clothes investigators believe he was wearing July 19th.

http://www.wtol.com/story/37714463/day-two-of-testimony-continues-in-the-people-vs-james-worley

He described one of the barns there that was suspicious looking and one of the first places police gathered to search….."The door had been broken down, windows blacked out and sprayfoam made it look like they didn't want anyone to see in or out," Sergeant Waxler Jr. described…..Another man will take the stand Tuesday who took off of work to search for Sierah and actually was responsible for finding her burial sight. He will explain what he saw that forced him to get out of his car.
http://www.13abc.com/content/news/S...-testify-in-death-penalty-case-476681763.html

Did Skibs do a case map that is current still? Yooohoooo Skibaboo. Batcall....can it be posted if one exists as I am wanting to reorient with locations as the map they use in court doesn't help.

Copy and pasted from Kadoober on previous thread

Timeline

7/19/2016 20 year old Sierah Joughin is last seen riding her bike by her boyfriend in the evening, around Cty Rd 6 and 120 in Fulton County Ohio. She doesn't come home and is reported missing.
7/19/2016 Sierahs bike is found in a cornfield very close to home around midnight, on County road 6.
7/22/2016 James D. Worley is arrested for the abduction of Sierah Joughin - Fulton county case CRA1600172
7/22/2016 Investigators begin searching the home and property of James D. Worley at 10627 County Road 6 in Delta.
7/22/2016 Search and Seizure warrant is filed
7/23/2016 Investigators find the body of Sierah Joughin buried in a shallow grave, in an area off of County Road 7.
7/26/2016 James D. Worley is charged with the aggravated murder of Sierah Joughin - Fulton county case CRA1600177
7/27/2016 Delta lawyer Amber VanGunten wants to have Worleys DNA tested in connection with Lori Ann HIll
7/27/2016 BCI used fingerprints to identify Sierah Joughin
7/27/2016 T.Luke Jones is assigned to prosecute JDW Fulton county case CRA1600177 (Agg murder) and CRA1600172 (Abduction)
7/28/2016 Search Warrant information is released from the search of Worleys property. It is beyond horrific.
8/2/2016 A spokesperson for the Attorney General’s office said no other remains have been found on Worley’s property but added that the investigation is ongoing.
8/10/2016 Sierah's cause of death has been ruled asphyxiation. She was found gagged, handcuffed and hog tied. No evidence of sexual assault.
8/16/2016 JDW is indicted on 19 counts in relation to the abduction and murder of Sierah Joughin
8/16/2016 Prosecutors will pursue the death penalty for JDW

The witness who saw a man crouching in the field makes me want to cry. So many "if onlys" in this case.

The witness who saw a man crouching in the field makes me want to cry. So many "if onlys" in this case.

Agreed. Sending lots of hugs to the family today at the trial. :grouphug: Our hearts are with you all.

To those who tweet... heads up.

A note which was just posted on the Law and Order livestream at https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials...ve-now-lawandcrime-network/law-crime-network/
"
Wed Mar 14, 8:51:48am The judge has ordered no more live streaming of the #WorleyTrial #JamesWorly #SierahJoughin. We will no longer be able to stream this for you.ETA: From admin of that site also... "
He changed his mind. Got a call late last night. He said due to several undercover officer and fbi agents, plus several photos. None of this can be streamed and the judge they won't be able to manage that from court. We've worked out this stuff before, but not this time."

Lauren Lindstrom
‏@lelindstrom
9 minutes ago

I'm walking in for day 3 of #WorleyTrial. Yesterday, BCI agents testified about several key pieces of physical evidence recovered across multiple crime scenes:

A note which was just posted on the Law and Order livestream at https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials...ve-now-lawandcrime-network/law-crime-network/
"
Wed Mar 14, 8:51:48am The judge has ordered no more live streaming of the #WorleyTrial #JamesWorly #SierahJoughin. We will no longer be able to stream this for you.ETA: From admin of that site also... "
He changed his mind. Got a call late last night. He said due to several undercover officer and fbi agents, plus several photos. None of this can be streamed and the judge they won't be able to manage that from court. We've worked out this stuff before, but not this time."

I am bummed :tears:

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork·13m
The judge has ordered no more live streaming of the #WorleyTrial #JamesWorly #SierahJoughin. We will no longer be able to stream this for you.

"

Gosh, I had a feeling this would happen! Sending lots of love and strength to the family...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my own "if only" I remember the time, the date, what I was wearing. I drove around looking for SJ when she was still missing. Before JW was a suspect I parked my car on his road. I have a weird intuition about things and something didn't set right. There is a small pond on the other side of the road from his house. I stopped and looked at the pond. If I only looked more at his house maybe I would have seen something sooner. If I only took more time would he have been home and seen me. If I only took my time longer. I never ever seen or found anything. I did have to check in with the sheriff at the high school. I think about it all the time. But for these people who seen something and their if onlys. It's haunting.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

UGH! I can't be in court today and why am I not able to get livestream?? anyone else having that problem? I'm trying to watch on wildabouttrial.com

UGH! I can't be in court today and why am I not able to get livestream?? anyone else having that problem? I'm trying to watch on wildabouttrial.com

A note which was just posted on the Law and Order livestream at https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/...crime-network/
"

ETA: WAT never had it livestream, although he had a link for it

Sorry you can't be there today, Jashrema. The judge ruled that there would be no more livestreaming because of photos and undercover fbi and law enforcement.

ETA: oops looks like we posted at the same time sorry Dixie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member