UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
do75ld.jpg

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/sites/suffolk/files/page/downloads/corriemckeague-missing-poster.pdf

Fears growing for missing RAF serviceman who vanished after night out

28 September 2016

Concerns were growing today for the safety of a young military [service]man who vanished after a night out and may have tried to walk eight miles back to his base.

[...]

Camera operators saw him getting up and walking off - but he failed to return to Honington, the headquarters of the RAF Force Protection who guard UK military installations around the world.

Despite an appeal to motorists, villagers along the serviceman’s route and a search by the Suffolk police helicopter there has been no trace of him.

Corrie is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, medium build, with short light brown hair. He was wearing a light-pink polo shirt and white jeans when last seen.

Police looking for Corrie McKeague will start searching landfill site this week for missing airman

6 March 2017

A search of a landfill site in Cambridgeshire will start this week as police look for RAF Honington’s Corrie McKeague, following a two-week delay.

[...]

Since a signal from Corrie’s mobile phone was detecting travelling along the same route as a bin lorry shortly after he was last seen at 3.24am, police have been aware of the possibility Corrie could be at the landfill site.

“The search is likely to take six to 10 weeks to complete, although this will obviously depend on daily progress on the site,” said detective superintendent Katie Elliott.

Police halt search after finding no sign of missing airman Corrie McKeague

21 July 2017

Police hunting missing airman Corrie McKeague have admitted he may never be found after a £1.2 million search of a landfill site ended in failure.

Detectives said they still believed his body was at the site, but after 20 weeks of sifting through 6,500 tonnes of rubbish they had found no sign of the RAF gunner.

[...]

[Detective Superintendent Katie Elliott] said that the search of the site had been carried out in an area where it had been identified that waste was dumped over the period Corrie went missing

But she said officers had now finished searching the area where rubbish was 26ft deep and had no further information about where they should be looking.

Ms Elliott added: "It is not a matter of cost. The investigation has never been about money.

"We searched the areas where we had information that the waste was deposited

Beyond that it is very difficult to establish where we would look for Corrie."

Police agree to halt filling in landfill cell after meeting missing Corrie McKeague’s family

24 July 2017

[...]

A spokesman for Suffolk police made the following statement at 9.40pm on Monday, July 24.

He said: “The search for Corrie remains a live and active investigation as we all remain committed to finding him.

“We have exhausted the search as to where Corrie is mostly likely to be at the landfill site at Milton, although we acknowledge and understand the frustration that Corrie’s family, friends and many supporters feel in relation to this.

“We will now take time to pause and reflect where we are with the investigation and will continue to carefully review it as we have done from the outset.

“With this in mind while we no longer have an operational presence at the site at Milton, the police have agreed with the company that run the site to leave cell 22 in its current state and will not be using it for the deposition of waste until the review is concluded.

“As said on Friday, we will now commission an external police force to carry out an independent review of the investigation. The identity of the force that will conduct this is still to be established as we are eager to ensure thatit is a force that satisfies the need for complete transparency and independence.

“We are confident this will be a forensic, detailed and impartial review that will leave no stone unturned. If this review establishes further lines of enquiry we will pursue them.

“We reiterate that although it is not a criminal investigation, our work to locate Corrie remains on-going. This will include work to search preserved waste that was incinerated to see if this will establish if there are any further clues as to what happened to Corrie.

“This incinerated waste will be subject to examination and where necessary forensic analysis in the coming weeks.”

Media Thread

FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #1
FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #2
FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #3
FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #4

Previous Thread - Thread #22

I also recall that n's old phone was being used by c due to his being damaged and due a new contract soon . Was that not how the phone records could be traced easily due to n paying the bill and having access? That's what I remember anyways jmo

My thoughts haven't really changed from the start. He woke up a bit groggy, jogged a bit to warm up, needed to relieve himself so went behind the bins in the HS. Judging from his gait he may have needed to defecate, an opinion which N shares. This is why he looked around, as he wouldn't want to be observed.

He then left the HS area while the camera was rotating elsewhere, and went up Short Brackland which would be the right direction for walking back to the base. No cameras close enough to capture him. Possibly he got into a vehicle at some point, either to get a lift or to go somewhere else (eg the dogging area), and something happened. Or he was struck by a drunk or unlicensed driver.

I suspect that somebody knows what happened to him and is covering it up. I don't think they necessarily intended to harm him.

My thoughts haven't really changed from the start. He woke up a bit groggy, jogged a bit to warm up, needed to relieve himself so went behind the bins in the HS. Judging from his gait he may have needed to defecate, an opinion which N shares. This is why he looked around, as he wouldn't want to be observed.

He then left the HS area while the camera was rotating elsewhere, and went up Short Brackland which would be the right direction for walking back to the base. No cameras close enough to capture him. Possibly he got into a vehicle at some point, either to get a lift or to go somewhere else (eg the dogging area), and something happened. Or he was struck by a drunk or unlicensed driver.

I suspect that somebody knows what happened to him and is covering it up. I don't think they necessarily intended to harm him.

I have also turned back to my original thought that this is a cruising gone wrong.
Corrie walked from HS to Short Brackland since there is a chance not to be seen in cctv and met his destiny there. He could even be in some of those houses since it is a residential area. We all know there has been violent behaviour all the time. And if someone really knows something why no word at all? Scared?

cache.php

What vilent behaviour all the time are you referring to? IMO short Breckland street is far from a no go area after dark, I would be happily walk down that street any time of day or night as I have done in the past, every town in the country gets the odd bit of trouble in any street, don't you think that if he was in one of the houses he would have been found ages ago, imo

And if someone really knows something why no word at all? Scared?

Because they were in some way, or to some degree, responsible for what happened to him.
And/Or involved in something criminal which would come to light if they disclosed what they knew.

I have also turned back to my original thought that this is a cruising gone wrong.
Corrie walked from HS to Short Brackland since there is a chance not to be seen in cctv and met his destiny there. He could even be in some of those houses since it is a residential area. We all know there has been violent behaviour all the time. And if someone really knows something why no word at all? Scared?

cache.php

What do you mean by
theres been violent behaviour all the time??

What do you mean by
theres been violent behaviour all the time??

There was this:
Male robbed in Bury St Edmunds town centre
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/male-robbed-in-bury-st-edmunds-town-centre-1-5340666
"A male victim was reportedly attacked by up to six assailants who stole cash in Bury St Edmunds yesterday evening."

According to another article about the same incident, a resident said "there's always trouble in the street", but the article also said it was a "quiet" street. :/
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/reaction-to-attack-in-short-brackland-in-bury-st-edmunds-1-5341019

"All the time" ... I mean, I have gotten an impression that it is not the most safest areas in Bury. For example the time Corrie went missing there were 158 cases with anti-social behaviour near Short Brackland. Here is a link to detailed map...

https://www.streetcheck.co.uk/crime/ip331el/2016/09

The phrase "near Short Brackland" means within half a mile of Short Brackland. This covers all of the town centre, and more besides. If you drill down to a particular month using the date picker at the very bottom of the page you provide the link to, there seems to be very little crime in SB itself.

The phrase "near Short Brackland" means within half a mile of Short Brackland. This covers all of the town centre, and more besides. If you drill down to a particular month using the date picker at the very bottom of the page you provide the link to, there seems to be very little crime in SB itself.

Yes I see what you mean. But there is e.g. an arson, which is a quite serious matter.

cache.php

This has been my thoughts all along, obviously I am not familiar with the area but your leaving a nicely lit town centre area where there are still a fair few people walking around who will see you and your entering a residential area with lots of roads just branching off, these streets are going to be poorer lit, there's going to be pretty much no one around, very quiet and secluded, and no cctv unless its private, plus if he didnt know the area its easy to get lost.

1. He could have came across someone parked up in a car who he has engaged with, offered a lift, got in and gone anywhere and somethings happened.
2. Could have encountered someone in the street, perhaps hes been mugged, if theres alleyways he could have been moved out of view until there was means to move him
3. He may very well have known someone in the area? A previous hook up? He's gone to one of the houses and something happened there.

Sad thing is even if something did happen in the "immediate area" I highly doubt he is still there, which makes this even harder.

Found this timeline that we made ages ago, apart from the bin timings being questionable nothing much else has changed,

0300: Shift start time & vehicle checked
0340: Vehicle departs for SB
0400: Bin man enters SB
0405: Driver fills in collection paperwork.
0415: Bin man starts collection procedure
0420: Bin man sees three teenagers in SB
0425: Bin man finishes collection procedure
0430: Bin man departs SB for BM
0500: Bin lorry arrives at BM roundabout.

21(15): Corrie feeds the dog and locks him in the bathroom.
21(30): Two cars with Corrie's workmates depart Hon.
2200: Corrie departs Hon in his own car (with a passenger?).
2221: Corrie parks in disabled bay in Robert Roby Way.
2221-2300: Corrie drinks in his car whilst making a phone call to Darroch.
2305: Corrie walks to SoBar pub and meets up with work colleagues.
2320: Corrie walks to Wetherspoons.
00:00 Corries leaves Wetherspoons for Flex.
0025: Corrie enters Flex night club.
0040: Corrie is 'ejected' from the nightclub.
0055: Corrie enters kebab shop.
0110: Corrie leaves kebab shop with kebab, chips and two burgers.
0115: Corrie seen walking purposefully towards The Grapes pub.
0120: corrie seen arrives at Hughes doorway.
0300: Shift start time for bin man. Vehicle checked.
0319: Two persons seen walking from Market Square towards McDonalds.
0321: White Tshirt man, Cornhill walk.
0320: corrie gets up and leaves Hughes doorway.
0324: Last CCTV sighting of Corrie.
0326: Two people with light clothing seen coming from Market Square towards McDonalds.
0335: Dark clothing1 man, Cornhill Walk.
0340: Running man, Lurker & Legs man seen in 'Horseshoe'.
0349: Bin lorry departs (Hollow Lane) for BSE.
0356: Bicycle man, cycling around Cornhill area.
0400: Bin lorry enters SB.
0405: Bin lorry driver fills in collection paperwork.
0410: Bins lorry driver starts collection procedure of ONE BIN with 11kgs of material in it. It then drives to its next pick up in Mildenhall and onto the recycling centre outside of the county via the Barton Mills roundabout.
0420: Bin man finishes collection procedure in SB. Three teenagers seen in Shortbrackland by bin man.
0430: Corrie's phone left the BSE mast area. Bin lorry departs SB and heads towards Mildenhall for a collection, along A1101 via the BM roundabout.
0450: (Bin lorry is at Barton Mills roundabout.)
0500: Corrie's phone enters the BM mast area.
0501: Dark clothing2 man seen walking around Cornhill Walk.
0503: (Corrie's phone would be at BM roundabout at this time.
0505: (Bin lorry is at Mildenhall).
0518: Dark clothing3 man seen walking around Cornhill Walk.
0520: Dark backpack man seen in Cornhill Market Square area.
0800: Corrie's phone is last active within the BM mast area.

'The Home Office will pay some of the £2.15m cost of the investigation into the disappearance of Corrie Mckeague, it has been revealed.... Suffolk's police and crime commissioner (PCC) said policing minister Nick Hurd had agreed to award a special grant, expected to be about £800,000.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-43519579

'The Home Office will pay some of the £2.15m cost of the investigation into the disappearance of Corrie Mckeague, it has been revealed.... Suffolk's police and crime commissioner (PCC) said policing minister Nick Hurd had agreed to award a special grant, expected to be about £800,000.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-43519579

Only £800,000 rather mean. "The Money Tree" never fails to deliver on certain projects. That is still a lot of money for the people of Suffolk to find.

"Martin McKeague claimed Corrie knew his girlfriend April Oliver was pregnant before and acknowledged his son may have 'chosen to get in that bin that night - knowing what would happen'...Martin, 49, spoke out as police prepare to announce tomorrow they are shelving the missing person probe and handing it to a cold case team."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dad-missing-corrie-mckeague-suggests-12251623

"Martin McKeague claimed Corrie knew his girlfriend April Oliver was pregnant before and acknowledged his son may have 'chosen to get in that bin that night - knowing what would happen'...Martin, 49, spoke out as police prepare to announce tomorrow they are shelving the missing person probe and handing it to a cold case team."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dad-missing-corrie-mckeague-suggests-12251623

Why have N’s side of the family been so adamant that he didn’t suffer from depression?
I have the original post that UT put up on Alfie Ushers FYB Page asking for help looking for his “nephew who is depressed” and it’s common knowledge that he was under the DCMH here at Marham and was on reduced duties.
Did they feel that if he had been suicidal, people wouldn’t have searched as much as they have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members