2 Million Bees Swarm Fla. House

Jean

Former Member
Reaction score
A beekeeper is scheduled to make a visit! I don't like bees so this gets to me. :)

'Curtain' Of 2 Million Bees Swarm Fla. House

http://www.local6.com/news/7539033/detail.html

Snip

A neighborhood in South Florida is asking for help after a swarm of more than 2 million bees was found at a nearby vacant house, according to a Local 6 News report.

An elderly man who lived inside the South Miami home died last year. And since his death, the house has deteriorated and become overrun with bees.

This is so weird, I wonder what attracted them to that particular house?

I worked at an apartment complex years ago and bees found a small opening into the siding and then into an apartment. We had gotten several complaints about bees going into a hole in the wall and we sent the yard man over to check it out. He came running back FREAKED out. He said that thousands of bees had gone in the wall and entered this apartment and he could see and hear them through the windows flying around in there. We had to call a beekeeper and then we called the lady who lived there at her job and told her not to come home for several hours. That apartment was a mess, they had to tear open the walls and remove all the bees that were building a nest in the wall. The apartment was covered with dead bees and bee droppings after they were done.

There was another thread about bees some time ago. It was a couple from Texas and they had honeycombs in their walls. My parents had the same thing. It was totally random but the destruction and inconvenience was astronomical.

A lady I worked with got a beehive in her attic right over her bed. She didn't know anything about it until she noticed a spot of yellow stuff soaking through the sheet rock on her bedroom ceiling. She sent someone into the attic to see what was "leaking" and found this huge honeycomb over 2 feet across. When the pest people got near it in the attic a big section of sheet rock gave way and the damn thing landed on her bed below, bees and all! Just think if that had fallen when she was in bed...

TheShadow said:
A lady I worked with got a beehive in her attic right over her bed. She didn't know anything about it until she noticed a spot of yellow stuff soaking through the sheet rock on her bedroom ceiling. She sent someone into the attic to see what was "leaking" and found this huge honeycomb over 2 feet across. When the pest people got near it in the attic a big section of sheet rock gave way and the damn thing landed on her bed below, bees and all! Just think if that had fallen when she was in bed...
Mmmmmmmmmmm all I am thinking about is all that HONEY!

Breakfast in bed:D

I have a paper bee hive I got in the fall / it hung down from a tree. So we cut it down...I put it on the porch at our cabin. Few wks later I took it inside to hang up. When I turned the heat up the bees started coming out. Geez did I ever get yelled at by my hubby!!! LOL I wrapped it in plastic garbage bags & it killed the bees. I'll never live that down. :doh: :doh: :doh: Thats as close as I wanna be to bees!

Paradise said:
This is so weird, I wonder what attracted them to that particular house?

WEIRD is right - 2 million???? I wouldn't have wanted to be the guy that had to count them!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back