CO CO - Beverly McCool, 50, Lakewood, 6 Jan 1977

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
No Picture

Beverly Jean McCool
Jefferson County, Colorado
50 year old white female

Height: 67
Weight: 130
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

Circustances: On February 6, 1977 at approximately 900 p.m. Beverly McCool left her residence, located in the 8000 block of West Warren Drive, Lakewood, Colorado to go for a walk. McCool has not been seen or heard from since.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25939/

Please help find a picture of Beverly and more info on her case.

Seems just a little unusual that she would take a walk at 9pm on a cold night in early January. It would have been very dark and cold at that time. Most people would be getting ready for bed at that hour.

I found Beverly's date of birth attached to her West Warren Drive address records on Ancestry. She was born 7 Aug 1927.
Her street number was 8693: Google Maps

I'm trying to figure out if McCool was a married name or her maiden name. There is another woman with the same first, last and middle initial who lived in Ohio but her date of birth is not a match.

Based on the names of the others living at her West Warren address and Ancestry family trees, Beverly was married with at least 3 children. Her Maiden name was Spellerberg.
Her middle name was actually Joan, not Jean. In the 1930 Census, the 1940 Census and in her school yearbook it seems she went by Joan (or B. Joan Spellerberg). I found a yearbook photo that I'll try to upload.

I can't find when this school was actually built, but other schools in the area appear to have been built in the 70's... so I'm assuming Kendrick Lakes Elementary was also built in the 70's. I imagine this body was buried there when the school was built. Beverly is the only person missing from Lakewood, CO in the 70's.

Human remains found near Jeffco school

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back