MI MI - Margurite Daniel, 47, Detroit, 2 June 1978

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Margurite Daniel
Wayne County, Michigan
47 year old black/african american female

Height (inches)65.0
Weight (pounds)185.0 to 200.0

Hair: Brown; Full
Eyes: Brown

C-Section Scar

Circumstances: Margurite was last seen with a male friend at a bar around the corner from Cortland St.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25144/

Please help find more info on Margurite's case.

Any way to find out what she was wearing on the night? Maybe a news report? I'm no good at finding old newspaper stories but I would like to know if maybe she was wearing pants and not a skirt.

The reason I ask is that 2.5 months later a woman was found floating nearby in the Detroit River, but on the Canadian side. They give almost no identifiers like race, age or height, but they state she was wearing pants with american money in the pocket. The only info they give is that she was believed to be in the water from weeks to months which would fit in with the suspicious circumstances and timeline of Margurites disappearance. Anyone else have thoughts?

Canada's Missing | Case details

No info on her clothes anywhere. Here is her Charley Project: Marguerite Daniel – The Charley Project
Is there anywhere in this site where you can request someone to look for old newspaper articles? I used to be in a Facebook group you could make requests like that but it seems to have since closed.

Edit: Im gonna try look up old 'The Detroit News' articles for that time.

Edit: Here is the results Newspapers.com search (Not one mention, how is that possible?)

Edit: I notice Namus spells her name Margurite?

Last edited:
Is there anywhere in this site where you can request someone to look for old newspaper articles? I used to be in a Facebook group you could make requests like that but it seems to have since closed.

Not that I know of... All I can think to suggest is tagging or messaging other members that are really good at finding cold case info or that you think might take an interest in this case due to other cases they post on.

@MadMcGoo
@folieadeuxnola
@Nina Michigan

When you have time, would you mind taking a look to see if there is any more info available on Marguerite Daniel, such as old newspaper clippings about her disappearance?
There's so very little info available on her case.
TIA for any efforts! :)

Not that I know of... All I can think to suggest is tagging or messaging other members that are really good at finding cold case info or that you think might take an interest in this case due to other cases they post on.

@MadMcGoo
@folieadeuxnola
@Nina Michigan

When you have time, would you mind taking a look to see if there is any more info available on Marguerite Daniel, such as old newspaper clippings about her disappearance?
There's so very little info available on her case.
TIA for any efforts! :)
Thanks Gardener1850. Fingers crossed!

I can’t find a thing! :confused: I was really hoping to respond with at least one article or photograph that might help but I just couldn’t find anything. I’ll continue to search though @Nate_Bro !

Thank you for tagging me @Gardener1850 ! I don’t mind helping anywhere I can! I’m not always successful in my searches but it’s not for lack of trying! :D I hope someone else is able to locate something on this beautiful girl!

If ever you need you anything else or find out more about Marguerite, just let me know!

I can’t find a thing! :confused: I was really hoping to respond with at least one article or photograph that might help but I just couldn’t find anything. I’ll continue to search though @Nate_Bro !

Thank you for tagging me @Gardener1850 ! I don’t mind helping anywhere I can! I’m not always successful in my searches but it’s not for lack of trying! :D I hope someone else is able to locate something on this beautiful girl!

If ever you need you anything else or find out more about Marguerite, just let me know!

I also searched for her (used alternate spellings of her name) and couldn't find anything

Thank you both for trying!

Marguerite Daniel Was Last Seen At A Bar With A Man In 1978

An evening out on the town sparked a mystery. Very little has been shared about this case, but it was back in 1978 that Marguerite Daniel vanished from Detroit, Mich.

The city was in the heart of Spring on May 1 of that year when Marguerite Daniel was reportedly visiting a bar near the corner of Cortland Street. The last time anyone saw the 47-year-old was at the tavern with a person described as a “male friend,” but the identity of the man hasn’t been named in public reports. What happened to Marguerite after that meeting is unknown. If she left the bar with the man also remains a mystery as do any details about the missing woman’s personal life.

No one has heard from or seen Marguerite since that time.

At the time of her disappearance, Marguerite Daniel stood 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighed somewhere between 185 to 200 pounds. She had brown hair and brown eyes. Marguerite also had a Cesarean section scar on her abdomen. She would be 89-years-old at the time of this publication.

It should be noted that The Charley Project spells her name “Marguerite” while NamUs (The National Database of Missing & Unidentified Persons) uses “Margurite.” Additionally, the former states that she was last seen on “May 1” while the latter lists her missing person date as “June 2.”

Anyone with information regarding this case is urged to contact the Detroit Police Department at (313) 596-1800 or their local authorities. Her agency case number is 1406260146.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back