MS- Sheriff: 9-year-old shoots, kills older sister in video game controller dispute

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
Awful!

http://wreg.com/2018/03/19/sheriff-...lder-sister-in-video-game-controller-dispute/

MONROE COUNTY, Miss. — A 13-year-old girl who was fighting for her life at a Memphis hospital after her brother allegedly shot her in the head over a video game controller has died.

WTVA reported the girl – identified as Dijonae White – died around 6:45 p.m. Sunday at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital.

According to reports, the 9-year-old boy got angry after the girl wouldn’t give up the video game controller when her brother wanted it on Saturday. He says the boy shot the girl in the back of the head and that the bullet entered her brain.

Where were the parents?

From the above article:

‘The child’s mother was in another room feeding the other children when the shot was fired. She called 911 and the child was rushed to Memphis for treatment.’

Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly this happens too often in Shelby County and here in Davidson County TN. Parents have got to learn to either secure and lock their weapons away or never bring them in the house. So could have been prevented IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
ETA letter

Very horrifying news.

Is it even possibmle to calculate the lives ruine over this stupidity?

1) little girl
2) mother
3) siblings
4) father
5) Grandparents
6) playmates
7) the 9 year old murderer.....wonder what awesome outcome this kid will have.

Pfffff......

The nine-year-old will probably be in juvenile custody for a few years, then be let loose on the world. We may not have heard the last from him.

Tragedy all around.

I know this is a controversial topic, but I am curious about what kind of video game they were playing. How does a 9 year old come up with the idea of solving a dispute with a gun?

If it was a violent video game, I realize that very few 9 year olds would grab a gun in the middle of a game and shoot someone. So some will say the violent video games don’t influence behavior. But without viewing violent TV, movies and playing video games how else would a child this young even have that idea enter his mind? Parents? Older siblings? News programs? It’s hard for me to comprehend and it’s so very sad. Children need to be taught from a very young age to respect human life, even in pretend situations. JMO

When Dijonae White, 14, and her 9-year-old brother got into an argument over a video game Saturday, he knew right where the gun was, police say.
The handgun the 9-year-old used to kill his sister was stashed in a nightstand in his mother’s bedroom and was registered to his mother’s boyfriend, [Sheriff] Cantrell told the New York Post. It was not immediately clear whether the gun’s owner would face any charges as a result of the shooting.
The Jackson Clarion Ledger reported that there is no law in Mississippi that holds an adult responsible when children have access to weapons that are not secured.
His mother was in another room in the house, feeding lunch to three or four other children at the time of the shooting, the paper reported.
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article205976849.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back