Found Deceased Uk - Duncan Sim, 19, Student, St Andrews, Scotland, 14 Mar 2018

MelmothTheLost

Reaction score
Hundreds of volunteers in desperate hunt for missing student, 19, who disappeared from St Andrews university five days ago

Thousands of people have joined the search for a missing student who was last seen five days ago, with police 'very concerned' for his well-being.

Duncan Sim, 19, has not been seen since leaving an event at Madras Rugby Club in St Andrews, Scotland at about 11.15pm on Wednesday, March 14.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ity-student-19-disappeared-five-days-ago.html

No major rivers nearby, but the sea is only 300m away.

To add to that, his halls of residence is also 300m away but in the opposite direction from the rugby club, should have been a 5 minute walk home.

Its believed he may have walked the opposite direction from the town, that would have him heading towards the Guardbridge road (from station road), theres a cycle path that runs to Guardbridge alongside the main road (but behind a hedge) and there are various farm tracks leading down to the estuary that has sinking sand etc ( i know, i sunk in it years ago).
If he got to the end of station road and decided to cross to the halls of residence ( Andrews Melville or Agnes Blackadder) he would have to go through a small wood, theres also a pond there.
If he started towards Guardbridge then changed his mind after a while and crossed the road heading back to town trying a short cut through fields he may have become disorientated as again theres woods between the fields and halls of residence.

The problem is, the cycle track is fairly well used, if hed gone to the estuary or even Eden stables i feel he would have been found by now as stables are busy and they horse ride along the estuary.

I think he may be somewhere between the halls of residence and the Balgove Larder or in that sort of area, i cant see how he would have been missed anywhere else.

Dont know if any of the above is usefull but just thought id share my thoughts.

Thanks, ScotsPaddy, do you know if that pond has been searched?

Thanks, ScotsPaddy, do you know if that pond has been searched?

I really dont know if the pond has been checked, id presume so as its yards from the halls of residence. I know theres plenty of police and volunteers out searching but im mainly getting snippets from my Facebook newsfeed.

Another thought would be the cow shed in the field between the pond and the Balgove Larder?.

Also, what’s the clearing area in the middle of the woods (between pond and halls) with a few sheds/skips in? And the building immediately south of Belgove Larder with (what looks like) lawned gardens and a marquee?

Unsure what the clearing is, looks like maintenance buildings, dump spot if i remember crrectly?, lawned gardens and marquee may be the big house up behind the Balgove Larder or may be for functions at the Balgove Larder.
On satellite image you can see the cow shed in the field in front of the marquee.

Also a bit of useless info, the trees between the main road and halls of residence is a Heronry.

Couple of local links
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/

So, just heard something but im unsure if i can/should post?.

I am from this area too, I work in and around St Andrews, I have literally heard nothing apart from what is in the papers etc and I'm amazed at the amount of people who know nothing about it.

Im hearing theres a room at the old course sealed off?, may be in halls of residence but im sure its the old course, its rumour of course.
Its being said that he left the rugby club and went with a lass to the old course, there was a party (drug party), theres a room sealed off, people that had room have disappeared leaving everything behind, all rooms in either halls of residence or hotel have been searched.
Thats what i was personally told in a call, it was 3rd/4th hand info mind you.

Its also been in the paper that the search is being scaled back.

I am from this area too, I work in and around St Andrews, I have literally heard nothing apart from what is in the papers etc and I'm amazed at the amount of people who know nothing about it.

I know, im same as you, heard nowt till today.

Ive noticed the police car parks had more vehcles parked up the last week, incl what looks like an incident van.

I know, im same as you, heard nowt till today.

Ive noticed the police car parks had more vehcles parked up the last week, incl what looks like an incident van.
The previous post was very interesting, I did see that police were trying to tell people not to widen the search, as in leaflets etc and to keep it in the St Andrews area, seems they know more than they are letting on. I also have friends in Duns that are friends with the family....still hearing nothing. Seems like there is something they don't want to come out IMHO. I haven't even seen the searches, most of my work is on the other side of ST Andrews, Craigtoun way, so pretty rural, I would have thought they would be searching all these areas but it is obviously confined to the old course area, your previous post would explain all this! Thanks ScotsPaddy.

I don't know Nutty, like i said, it was a call i got today, info supposedly came from someone in either the hotel or halls so it may be complete BS, although i am surprised he hasn't been found in the area if he had just wandered off, unless hes not on golf course side of the Guardbridge road as that's well used.

Think the Police will be pretty certain he went that way as they will have checked the cctv in St Andrews and it is everywhere! Its not sounding like its going to be a great outcome, and i think you are right, if he simply wandered off why wouldn't he walk along the walkway on golf course side? Why would he cross to Balgove larder side? it's really only fields for miles, a couple of houses and farms but you would have to know they were there. If the info you received was correct then it sounds to me as if he was taken out of the area. Must be awful for his family.

I'm also in the area, and from the information the police asked the head of the volunteer searches to post in the Search Party FB group, I understand the formal volunteer searches were only scaled back as a huge amount of land had been covered and there was no real need for extra help?

People were starting to post things about putting posters all over Edinburgh and London, and that's when there was an update saying the police wanted it to stop. They explained that the police have no reason to believe he went far since there's a huge amount of CCTV in St Andrews and the surrounding area (which seems to suggest he hasn't turned up on any footage), and if these posters prompted false sightings for example the police would need to take time and resources away from where he most likely is in order to deal with irrelevant information, slowing down the investigation.

The rumour is interesting, but since you heard it may have been in his halls and not the hotel, I bet the cordoned off room is his bedroom, and I know that every bedroom in Agnes Blackadder was searched by the police very soon after he was reported missing. If it's the Old Course and everyone else vanished, would it take this long for the hotel to find him? Surely there would be CCTV at the entrance? Most likely just contorted information about his halls.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back