Gun Control Debate #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In case you are wondering I have lost my mind.

Rather than spend hours trying to remove posts in varies discussion that discuss the gun debate I thought I would give this a try just this once.

The reason I have kept the gun control debate off Websleuths is that people will lose their minds. Sorry not trying to say I don't have faith in you. I am saying I don't have faith in some of you.

All OF WEBSLEUTHS RULES APPLY.

No name calling,
No rudeness
Mainstream media and respected journals, websites only. No crazy right or left wing sites.

This is like any other topic on Websleuths.

If someone could please make a post with the links to the demonstrations coming up that would be a good way to start.

I will be watching this thread all through the evening.

Full disclosure. In my opinion, it is obscene that we have automatic weapons available. period. However, I believe that Government will never have the courage to do the right thing and stop taking money from the NRA and start getting these weapons out of the hands of angry people. Therefore it is up to us to try and stop creating the kids who are so angry they feel killing is the only way. We keep waiting on the powers that be to do something and more and more innocents are killed. No more waiting. Let's pinpoint who these kids are and take them out of society, preferably via a mental health facility, and stop the carnage before one more AR-15 or any other assault rifle is picked up by the hands of a potential killer.

Go for it.

Tricia

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

You all have been posting some amazing thoughts and information.

Most of you.

Let's lay down some rules that should keep everything on track.

1-NO DISCUSSION OF TRUMP OTHER THAN HOW HE IS DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO THE GUN CONTROL DEBATE
This means no mention of how much he is hated or loved, anything to do with his tweeting unless it is gun control related.

2-WE CAN ALL AGREE TRUMP HAD NOTES DURING THE MEETING. End of story. Yes, I know some of the notes were telling or maybe not. IT IS NOT IMPORTANT.
Let's bring the discussion back to guns.

3-PLEASE STOP WITH THE ACCUSATION THAT THESE KIDS ARE BASICALLY PUPPETS. They are kids. They will get help from adults and adults would be involved. They will get a lot of help from adults who agree with them. Don't know how you feel but I am so proud of these young people it brings tears to my eyes.

4-PLEASE LET PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT OPINIONS EXPRESS THEM WITHOUT ATTACKING. I want to hear from the people who believe differently than I do. If someone posts an unpopular opinion, of course, you can challenge them but do it in a way where I don't have to remove your post and time you out. Please. Let every opinion be heard and discussed in a mature manner. As long as the opinions expressed are within our Terms of Service.

OK. Be nice to each other and let the discussion begin.

Thank you,
Tricia

It seems that many mass shooters have issues with women. They want a girlfriend. They feel they are owed a girlfriend. A wife or girlfriend has left them.

Lanza and Cruz both had mother issues.

The US is one of the few places that has never had a woman who is head of state. That may be saying something huge,

https://heavy.com/news/2018/03/aust...and-school-suspect-facebook-instagram-photos/

Regarding the MD shooting. What hope does anyone have, when a former service man doesn't lock up his own guns securely, and allows his minor child access to them? THIS is exactly why gun control is necessary. You would think that this child would have been schooled in gun safety if his father is in the military, yet he still managed to get access to a semi-automatic handgun and ammo. Whoever allowed this child access to the gun and ammo should have the book thrown at them. Start punishing people, and punishing them hard, for their completely unthinking attitudes to guns and gun safety.

https://twitter.com/jaclyncorin/status/976086141672787968?s=21

6cf09f508bce74b3bb022aded2e90957.jpg

Sorry what has this got to do with gun control? Seems like reaching to me....

Should be obvious. The point is the kid murdered someone with something other than a gun. Take away guns, next thing will be knives and baseball bats. Or, at least require liability insurance on those items in case they are used for murder.

Should be obvious. The point is the kid murdered someone with something other than a gun. Take away guns, next thing will be knives and baseball bats. Or, at least require liability insurance on those items in case they are used for murder.

Jeez. If you can't see the difference I don't think I can educate you on that.

Ok, here's an attempt. What is the difference between a semi-automatic gun that will spray out bullets that can kill several people in seconds and a baseball bat?

Oh and knives already have stricter restrictions than guns.

Can I just ask, are some people going to just list violent crimes that didn't involve a gun, just to say gun control isn't needed? If so why are we all here? People die everyday from natural causes. Are we just going to google obits to try and say guns aren't a problem, because hey, some people die of old age?

I imagine when insurance companies see $$$$$$, they will require insurance riders. For instance, they may make it so that one has no coverage for stolen guns unless there is a rider. Insurance may require guns are locked and secured or no coverage. $$$$$ will speak.

Can I just ask, are some people going to just list violent crimes that didn't involve a gun, just to say gun control isn't needed? If so why are we all here? People die everyday from natural causes. Are we just going to google obits to try and say guns aren't a problem, because hey, some people die of old age?

I think you had it right in the last thread - trolling.

Not worth addressing imo.

I imagine when insurance companies see $$$$$$, they will require insurance riders. For instance, they may make it so that one has no coverage for stolen guns unless there is a rider. Insurance may require guns are locked and secured or no coverage. $$$$$ will speak.

When people have to pay for their mistakes/carelessness then $$$$ do talk. And it causes people to think the next time, and others around them to be aware of what can happen to them if they are not vigilant. It does work.

One aspect of mandatory insurance might be the creation of a database of guns and who owns them - giving LE access to this info. This would be beneficial to LE when answering a call at a residence and hopefully a law would give them the right to check for insurance coverage or confiscate the guns if no coverage produced.

There is so much that can be done from the insurance angle imo.

I don't know of any gun owners who want the government having a list of all the guns we own. That's something that just won't go over well, I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith