Presumed Located MA - Theresa "Tracey" Coen, 52, Rockport, 17 March 2018

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Police in Rockport are searching for a missing woman.

Officials say Theresa Coen was last seen Monday morning on Penzance Road.

Investigators believe the 52-year-old may be in danger.

https://whdh.com/news/police-searching-for-missing-rockport-woman-believed-to-be-in-danger/
8ca4409b75137e26ed19e880e3426946.jpg

Police don’t expect to find missing Rockport woman alive
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...-police-say/iCl8B3cCBSmgjNbeDPWTkJ/story.html
A Rockport woman who has been missing since Saturday is not expected to be found alive, officials said Wednesday.

Theresa A. Coen, 52, left her Penzance Road home without any of her belongings, Rockport police said in a press release Tuesday. At the time, Coen was “believed to be in danger.”

The release did not elaborate on how or why she may be endangered.

Rockport police transitioned its search for Coen into a recovery operation “based upon the ongoing investigation into the facts and circumstances surrounding her disappearance,” a statement released Wednesday said.

Rockport police spokesman John Guilfoil said Wednesday night.

“Information obtained throughout the course of investigation has lead Rockport police to determine that it’s unlikely the individual will be found alive,” Rockport police spokesman John Guilfoil said Wednesday night.

Rockport police received assistance from state and municipal police as well as K9 units in their search for Coen, Guilfoil said.

The investigation is ongoing, but foul play is not believed to be a factor, police said.

Police don’t expect to find missing Rockport woman alive
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...-police-say/iCl8B3cCBSmgjNbeDPWTkJ/story.html
A Rockport woman who has been missing since Saturday is not expected to be found alive, officials said Wednesday.

Theresa A. Coen, 52, left her Penzance Road home without any of her belongings, Rockport police said in a press release Tuesday. At the time, Coen was “believed to be in danger.”

The release did not elaborate on how or why she may be endangered.

Rockport police transitioned its search for Coen into a recovery operation “based upon the ongoing investigation into the facts and circumstances surrounding her disappearance,” a statement released Wednesday said.

Rockport police spokesman John Guilfoil said Wednesday night.

“Information obtained throughout the course of investigation has lead Rockport police to determine that it’s unlikely the individual will be found alive,” Rockport police spokesman John Guilfoil said Wednesday night.

Rockport police received assistance from state and municipal police as well as K9 units in their search for Coen, Guilfoil said.

The investigation is ongoing, but foul play is not believed to be a factor, police said

That is so sad
I hope LE is wrong and she comes home

Police still seek tips on missing woman-

It’s been 10 days since 52-year-old Theresa Coen disappeared from the home she was renting on Penzance Road and town and state police continue their search.

Coen was staying in Rockport but has a permanent residence in the Boston neighborhood of Charlestown, police had said in the early days of her disappearance.

Rockport police have expressed concern that Coen was “in danger” since she was first reported missing, yet police have noted there is no suspicion of foul play in her disappearance.

http://www.eagletribune.com/news/no...cle_96e77e87-dd2b-5442-96b4-982c97c1f704.html

Charley Project Page: Theresa A. Coen – The Charley Project

Theresa A. Coen
  • coen_theresa.jpg
  • coen_theresa2.jpg
Coen, circa 2018

• Missing Since03/17/2018
  • Missing FromRockport, Massachusetts
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Age52 years old
  • Height and Weight5'9, 140 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Coen's nickname is Tracy. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Coen was last seen in Rockport, Massachusetts on the evening of March 17, 2018. She is from the neighborhood of Charlestown in Boston, Massachusetts, but was renting a residence on Penzance Road in Rockport. She left all her belongings behind, except her cellular phone, and has never been heard from again. Since her disappearance, her phone has been turned off.

Investigators believe Coen is deceased, but her body has not been recovered. Her case remains unsolved.

Police: Missing Rockport woman presumed dead  

Gloucester police Chief Edward Conley III divulged the information during a video podcast with Good Morning Gloucester that was streamed live on Facebook on Thursday morning. He was invited on the program to discuss the recent disappearance of Gloucester resident Abbie Flynn.

When asked by host Joey Ciaramitaro if Flynn's disappearance correlated "to the missing Rockport woman from a couple years ago," Conley responded: "The missing Rockport woman is no longer missing. I don't know if that was reported. The remains were found on Chatham Beach. There was a DNA match on Chatham Beach. I can't comment into the specifics of that case because I really don't know, but some of her remains were found and the genetic DNA testing confirmed that that was her. I don't want to speak for the Rockport Police Department but what I understand is they have a good sense of what happened there and foul play wasn't involved."

Sounds to me like he confirmed Tracey is deceased. I wonder why the reporter chose to use "presumed deceased"? Maybe I missed something here? :confused:

Police: Missing Rockport woman presumed dead

Gloucester police Chief Edward Conley III divulged the information during a video podcast with Good Morning Gloucester that was streamed live on Facebook on Thursday morning. He was invited on the program to discuss the recent disappearance of Gloucester resident Abbie Flynn.

When asked by host Joey Ciaramitaro if Flynn's disappearance correlated "to the missing Rockport woman from a couple years ago," Conley responded: "The missing Rockport woman is no longer missing. I don't know if that was reported. The remains were found on Chatham Beach. There was a DNA match on Chatham Beach. I can't comment into the specifics of that case because I really don't know, but some of her remains were found and the genetic DNA testing confirmed that that was her. I don't want to speak for the Rockport Police Department but what I understand is they have a good sense of what happened there and foul play wasn't involved."

Sounds to me like he confirmed Tracey is deceased. I wonder why the reporter chose to use "presumed deceased"? Maybe I missed something here? :confused:
Exactly--how can you leave large enough body parts on a beach, that DNA testing can be performed on 2 years later, and not be deceased? In addition, why would the Rockport Police Department not issue a statement that those remains had been identified?

Not his case, or his place, to make that notification, I'm guessing.

Any idea why she was renting a home, and has another?
Married? Business/finance trouble? Unsettling medical results?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches
Back