TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Rather than bring over old threads and because this story is being updated minute by minute I'm going to post links to the latest bombings to start the thread. FBI is saying the latest bombing not connected?

LE is saying the latest bombing not connected?

CNN

One person was injured at a site where an incendiary device was found Tuesday night in Austin, Texas, but the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said no package bomb was involved and the agency doesn't think the incident is related to the string of package bombs that has hit Austin four times and San Antonio once.

Washington Post

SCHERTZ, Tex. — The latest in a wave of bombings rattling Central Texas brought a widening investigation to this city outside San Antonio on Tuesday, after an explosion at a FedEx facility signaled that whoever was responsible for the attacks had offered police potentially critical new clues while again shifting tactics.

FOX NEWS

At least one man was injured Tuesday night after coming into contact with a package containing an incendiary device at a Goodwill store in Austin, Texas, but police and the FBI said it was not believed to be linked to the string of package bombs that have killed two people over the past month.

Remember you can state your opinion as to what the motive may be but do not start a political discussion. Anyone who starts to talk politics will be timed out or banned.

Thank you,
Tricia

For CARIIS:

I think overall this is less complicated than a bomb. For instance a molotov cocktail is an incendiary device.

I'm not yet buying that this latest incident isn't connected. We'll see.

For CARIIS:

I think overall this is less complicated than a bomb. For instance a molotov cocktail is an incendiary device.

It would depend on the type. An incendiary device inside of a package would need some sort of explosive charge to ignite it, so you would need knowledge of both.

So how many bombs were actually dropped off at the FedEx? Was it one or two?

FBI SanAntonio
‏
Verified account

@FBISanAntonio
Follow Follow @FBISanAntonio
More
Update: Reports of explosion at 9600 block of Brodie Ln determined to NOT be a #PackageBomb. Determined to be incendiary device. Not believed to be related to #PackageBombMurders

8:06 PM - 20 Mar 2018

https://www.npr.org/sections/allson...ur-favorite-discoveries-and-memorable-moments

"Our bleary-eyed, ear-ringing week of seemingly non-stop live music in Austin, Texas has ended and we're back one last time to reflect on the 2018 South by Southwest festival and play some of our favorite discoveries."

I read this article and this jumped out at me.....Our bleary-eyed, ear-ringing week of seemingly non-stop live music in Austin.....

I don't know about anyone else but if I lived near "nonstop live music" I would go berzerk...not to the extent of this bomber but I would not be happy. Especially if I've lived here a long time and watched this happen all around me, had no control and couldn't afford to move away from the noise. All the growth happening in Austin is not always welcomed. Some people can't even afford their neighborhood any longer. Add that to a festival and the 250,000 people who attend SXSW and you could have a trigger. I realize the bombings started before SXSW, but I would imagine a lot of people come in early to set up.

Now with that being said, we may think he would have targeted the festival. So maybe he is trying to make Austin seem unsafe. So people won't keep moving in.

The way that these bombs are placed all over Austin make it seem that the city of Austin is the target or the city's reputation.

Just a theory.....

So how many bombs were actually dropped off at the FedEx? Was it one or two?

So far they have talked about 2 - one exploded at the Schertz facility, the other (unexploded) was located at the Austin facility by the airport.

I think it was a media creation they have all been horrid worst coverage I have ever seen of such a major story

earlier today on one you can tell the anchors hated each other

stepping all over each other

and then going to commericials like mad men ( good pun huh)

its been weird

i dont think LE is gonna do a rule out like media unless like the CCTV from the Goodwill showed Big Foot and the CCTV from fed ex looked like tiny tim !!

Something is very funky

and the last 18 hours they have been manic with pressers when they had nothing to say and now for some reason nothing

feels more FBI eeee now

Kalyn Norwood
‏
Verified account

@KalynNorwood
Follow Follow @KalynNorwood
More Kalyn Norwood Retweeted Austin Police Dept
Police are saying the latest incident at the Goodwill store was not a package explosion. One man was injured, but police don’t believe this is connected to the other #AustinBombings.Kalyn Norwood added,
Austin Police Dept
Verified account

@Austin_Police
#UPDATE: There was no package explosion in the 9800 block of Brodie Ln. Items inside package was not a bomb, rather an incendiary device. At this time, we have no reason to believe this incident is related to previous package bombs. #Breaking #packagebombmurders
8:44 PM - 20 Mar 2018

Same. I'm eager to hear what they say at the press conference.

Maybe someone threw a cigarette butt in the donation box. The employee sees smoke,opens the box. The fresh air creates a flash of flames and heat? Just trying to make sense of this. Still waiting on the presser.

I'm not yet buying that this latest incident isn't connected. We'll see.

Im not buying it either. There is no way IMO that LE can say the same person did not leave that incendiary device. Its too early to make that call unless they know exactly who put the latest device there.

There is no such thing as its just a regular old incendiary device

David Begnaud
‏
Verified account

@DavidBegnaud
7m7 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: A law enforcement source tells CBS News that the incendiary device left at an Austin, Texas Goodwill drop off location was a flare. It was included in a bunch of donated items. As the goodwill worker sorted through the items he was apparently burned by the flare.

KXAN - hearing it was a flare.

David Begnaud
‏
Verified account

@DavidBegnaud
7m7 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: A law enforcement source tells CBS News that the incendiary device left at an Austin, Texas Goodwill drop off location was a flare. It was included in a bunch of donated items. As the goodwill worker sorted through the items he was apparently burned by the flare.

That's a big difference. Maybe they're not related.

CBS Austin
‏Verified account@cbsaustin
8m8 minutes ago
More
NEW: @AustinGoodwill says team member was injured by incendiary device. All Austin stores to remain closed until further notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail