Found Deceased NY - Louise Pietrewicz, 38, Southold, 6 Oct 1966

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Skeletal Remains Buried 7-Feet Deep Thought To Be Missing Mom[/h]
4A5FC59B00000578-5522919-image-a-6_1521555948249.jpg

SOUTHOLD, NY — After 51 years, a grim discovery shocked the community as the skeletal remains of a missing woman are believed to have been found buried 7-feet deep in the basement of a Southold home, police said.

According to Suffolk County Police, Suffolk County Police Homicide Squad detectives are investigating the circumstances surrounding the discovery of the remains at approximately 11:30 a.m. Monday.
During an investigation into the 1966 missing person case of Louise Pietrewicz, Southold Police detectives searched the basement of a home located on Lower Road, police said.
Pietrewicz's boyfriend at the time of her disappearance, William Boken, the previous owner of the home, died in the early 1980s, police said. The basement had been searched and parts of it were dug up in 2013 with no results. The Suffolk Times reported that Boken's ex-wife Judith Terry directed police to the basement.

The remains were taken to the Office of the Suffolk County Medical Examiner to determine the identity and cause of death.
Although the remains have not yet been positively identified, Gigante said indications lead police to believe that they belong to Pietrewicz.

At the time of her disappearance in 1966, he said, she had an "estranged relationship" with her husband and was involved with Boken, who, at the time, had been a Southold Town police officer for about six years.

After she went missing, although there was an investigation, police were "unable to locate her," Gigante said.
Read more: https://patch.com/new-york/riverhead/skeletal-remains-found-north-fork-basement-cops

Louise Pietrewicz was last seen alive on October 6, 1966. She had recently left her husband of 16 years, a prosperous farmer named Albin Pietrewicz, who was said to have been psychically and verbally abusive, and had relocated with her 11-year-old daughter, Sandy, to her family's farm in Sagaponack, New York.

At the time, Pietrewicz was romantically involved with William Boken, a Southold police officer who was married with a son and a second child on the way. Their respective spouses, Albin and Judith, both knew of the extramarital affair.

Shortly before she vanished, Pietrewicz had purchased two plane tickets for herself and her daughter so they could travel to Florida.
A day before her last sighting, on October 5, Pietrewicz emptied her bank account containing just over $1,770 and closed it.

Louise's sister Josephine last saw her riding away from Sagaponack in Boken's car, acting as if she did not want to be seen by anyone.
The next day, Boken resigned from the local police force after taking a three-day sick leave.
Pietrewicz's purse was recovered a week later on a shoulder of Route 25. Its contents included a World War II savings bond, the woman's Social Security card and a postcard bearing the name of a doctor in Glen Cove.

Police investigated the incident as a missing person case, not as a possible homicide, and it got no attention from the local press at the time.
Following Pietrewicz's disappearance, detectives interviewed her estranged husband, who reportedly told them that he was humiliated by her infidelity and did not care what about her whereabouts, or whether she was alive or dead.

A year later, Louise's lover Boken was arrested on suspicion of abusing his wife Judith and was committed to a psychiatric hospital.

At one point, he allegedly threatened his wife that he would bury her in their basement 'with that other b****.' He was never prosecuted in connection to Pietrewicz's disappearance, having been officially declared mentally ill, and died in New York City in 1982.

16358878_G.jpg
16358869_G.jpg

Boken's wife divorced him before he died in the 1980s. News 12 couldn’t reach her for a comment about the discovery.

Pietrewicz’s surviving sibling, 93-year-old Leo Jasinski, got the news Monday night that his sister may have been found. He believes Boken's wife knew about the alleged murder, but didn't say anything about the dark secret until after she learned about her ex-husband’s death.

“Boken’s wife wouldn't give no information because she was afraid for her life,” said Jasinski.
Police did not confirm that Boken’s wife was the tipster.
Jasinski says he’s finally beginning to process the news of the discovery.
“It's a relief to find out that she's been found and that we can have a decent burial for her,” he says.
Authorities have taken DNA from Pietrewicz’s family and will soon determine the identity of the remains.
http://longisland.news12.com/story/37763063/skeletal-remains-found-in-basement-of-southold-home

attachment.php

The remains are believed to be those of Louise Pietrewicz, who was 38 in 1966 when she disappeared, leaving behind an 11-year-old daughter, The Suffolk Times reported.

Suffolk County homicide detectives on Monday dug up a burlap bag wrapped around the remains in the basement of a North Fork home that once belonged to Pietrewicz’s married boyfriend, the weekly paper reported. William Boken, a former Town of Southold cop, died in 1982. He was the prime suspect in Pietrewicz's disappearance.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/2...t-may-belong-to-woman-missing-since-1966.html

Attachments

• 1521565377086.jpg
    1521565377086.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 389
This case has haunted me for awhile now. Louise was a stunning woman. My heart breaks for her daughter and brother but I am so glad they finally have answers.

[h=1]After 51 years, Middletown woman hopes for closure[/h]
Sandy Blampied remembers the last time she saw her mom, Louise Pietrewicz. It was 51 years ago, in October 1966. Blampied was 12 and she was headed off to school in Bridgehampton, Long Island.

“I gave her a hug and a kiss, and she said, ‘I’ll see you later,’” Blampied recalls. But when nighttime came around, and her mom wasn’t there, Blampied knew something bad had happened to her. “She would have never left me,” Blampied said.
On Monday, Suffolk County police called. They wanted a DNA sample from Blampied, 63, right away. Investigators, using ground-penetrating sonar, had dug up a woman’s remains in a burlap bag, buried seven feet deep under the basement floor of a house in Southold, on Long Island’s North Shore. Pietrewicz’s boyfriend at the time of her disappearance, William Boken, had lived in that house.
Blampied called the Suffolk medical examiner Friday. The office said it’s going to be weeks before they know for sure. “My stomach is churning,” Blampied said. “Maybe it’s almost over. Then she can finally come home and find some peace.”

Blampied is convinced that Boken, now deceased, who was a cop in Southold, Long Island, killed her mother. “He (Boken) beat his ex-wife to a pulp and I’m sure he beat my mother to a pulp. He was probably the last person who saw her alive,” Blampied said.
http://www.recordonline.com/news/20180323/after-51-years-middletown-woman-hopes-for-closure

Missing Woman's Remains Apparently Found Under Boyfriend's Old House 51 Years After She Vanished
Southold detectives say it was the work of a local newspaper that prompted them to reopen the case of Louise Pietrewicz, who was raising an 11-year-old girl when she vanished without a trace in late 1966.
Investigators are now probing the circumstances surrounding the discovery of the remains and medical examiners will determine a cause of death. DNA testing is pending to confirm they are, in fact, Pietrewicz’s bones.
According to sources, detectives began digging up the soil basement of a home in Southold last week but found no evidence of human remains.
However, the Suffolk Times reports investigators spoke with “some people involved” and then dug deeper. After going down some seven feet, they unearthed a full female skeleton on Monday. The case is now being treated as a homicide.
http://people.com/crime/missing-long-island-woman-louise-pietrewicz-found-buried/

I’m really glad the Suffolk County law enforcement never gave up on Louise Pietrewicz’s case and agreed to the dig. It gives me hope for other more recent cold cases here that I worry will remain a file in the cold case files.

I’m glad Louise’s loved ones can give her a funeral now and know what happened even though it is a terrible and tragic development.

It's sad that it took 50+ years for LE to find Louise in a place they should have searched on day 1. But I'm glad that her brother and daughter now know the truth. RIP, Louise.

I'm happy her daughter got to find out what her heart already knew: that her mother would never "just leave" her.

I agree. Such a heart-breaking story. Frustrating that the accused is also deceased. Would have liked to see justice served. That is such validation...closure for her. Amazing story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy her daughter got to find out what her heart already knew: that her mother would never "just leave" her.

Such a tragic story. This unfortunate woman literally ran from a violent dangerous husband to a murderer. Her daughter now knows that her mother loved her and didn't abandon her. Her heart is now at peace. :rose:

It is a tragic case, but her daughter Sandy knows now that her mother didn't abandon her. She knows the truth now. RIP Louise.... :rose:

This case has a lot of similar elements to the LISK case. The crooked SCPD cop who killed her sounds just Burke, she was buried wrapped in burlap and her purse was found in Manorville! spooky

thank you jess927 for sending me this.. Cover Up.. yep..

https://suffolktimes.timesreview.co...-who-knew-where-louise-pietrewicz-was-buried/

The reports, including notes from detectives’ interviews, were released Monday under a Freedom of Information request filed by The Suffolk Times. According to those notes, Ms. Terry was asked by Det. Kenneth Richert during an interview March 15, 2018, if she had previously told anyone that she’d witnessed Mr. Boken, a Southold police officer, bury a body in the basement of their home.

“Judith stated that at some point, she doesn’t remember when, she told Joseph Sawicki Sr. what had happened,” Det. Richert wrote about that interview, which he and retired Southold detective Joseph Conway Jr. conducted. “She stated that she was very close with him and his wife and was godmother to one of their children and because he was a police officer.”

I just watched the conclusion to "Gone" and recommend anyone following Louise's case do the same. Here is the link:

https://suffolktimes.timesreview.co...uise-pietrewicz-now-streaming-all-four-parts/

"Part IV begins at the 49:52 mark of the now 71-minute documentary.

Fans of the series should check back Thursday, Feb. 14 at noon on The Suffolk Times Facebook page for a live chat with reporters Steve Wick and Grant Parpan."

I have a lot of pet cases, but none has moved me so much as Louise's. I am so grateful that she is finally home with her daughter, where she belongs.

The final piece of justice in this is that Bill Boken died destitute, drunk, and alone, and was buried in potter's field. It takes ice water in your veins to shoot your girlfriend in the stomach three times and watch her suffer. He was a murderer, wife beater, cheater, and coward, not to mention a disgrace to law enforcement.

Thank God for the Det. Sgt. Sinnings of the world who help close these cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back