Found Deceased NC- Christopher Sexton, 48, Winston-salem, (13 Mar) Aug 2018 *silver Alert*

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
A Silver Alert has been issued for a 48-year-old Winston-Salem man.

Christopher Peter Sexton, who has cognitive disorders, was last seen March 13 about 6 p.m. in the 4100 block of Hunt Club Road, police said.bbm

Sexton is a white man, 6 feet 1 inch tall, weighs 170 pounds, has short brown hair and brown eyes, according to the N.C. Center for Missing Persons. It's unknown what clothes he was last seen wearing.

He may be driving a blue Kia Sedona minivan with the N.C. license plate of ELY-1189, police said. He could be driving to Asheville.bbm

http://www.greensboro.com/news/loca...55acdaf6-56ed-534b-8b81-6ae9d22edfe4.amp.html
b1d74017cdc1891d82b4842819f248bc.jpg

Vehicle of missing Winston-Salem man found in western NC

The vehicle of a Winston-Salem man missing since March 13 has been found in the Tellico Gap area of the Nantahala National Forest in western North Carolina, authorities said.

Christopher Peter Sexton, 48, who has cognitive disorders, was last seen in the 4100 block of Hunt Club Road, Winston-Salem police said.

Evidence suggests that Sexton has been on the Appalachian Trail, police said, and there is nothing to suggest anything criminal in his disappearance.

[...]

A Silver Alert is still active in this case.

Authorities ask anyone with information about Sexton to contact their local law enforcement, Winston-Salem police at 336-773-7700 or Crime Stoppers at 336-727-2800 or en Espanol at 336-728-3904.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/loca...cle_c6876cdc-81fd-5e88-8bbf-4bd455468249.html

It appears his Silver Alert was cancelled June 25, 2018

The AWARE Foundation, Inc.

SILVER ALERT CANCELLED FOR MISSING ENDANGERED ADULT

RALEIGH 6/25/18 12:40 PM -- At the request of the Winston-Salem Police Department , the N.C. Center for Missing Persons has cancelled the Silver Alert for Christopher Peter Sexton.

For more information, call 336-773-7700 at the Winston-Salem Police Department at 336-773-7700.

NCDPS - Silver Alert - Active Alerts

I hope they found out where he was the whole time and go back there and check for him, again.

I’m working on getting clarification of when he was last seen

Are family and friends reporting him whenever he wants to get away? He drives and seems to be pretty independent...

Preliminary info I received from someone at the PD is that he had not been previously located and the Silver Alert was reinstated... but she couldn’t tell me why it had been cancelled before or why the date of last seen was not on the silver alert. Suggested I call the NC Center for missing persons who is in charge of issuing these alerts. Unfortunately I just don’t have time right now to do this follow up..

I try to follow cases that are in NC as well as people who disappear on the AT. I see that he is listed as presumed located but I don’t believe he has been located. His file is still active on NAMUS. His NAMUS case was created on Jan. 17, 2019 and his number is MP54743. I’m not sure why his Silver Alert kept getting cancelled then reinstated then cancelled again. If anyone has any more info to add that would be great. Thanks.

Bumping for Christopher - how can we get his info back on the still missing page ?

I try to follow cases that are in NC as well as people who disappear on the AT. I see that he is listed as presumed located but I don’t believe he has been located. His file is still active on NAMUS. His NAMUS case was created on Jan. 17, 2019 and his number is MP54743. I’m not sure why his Silver Alert kept getting cancelled then reinstated then cancelled again. If anyone has any more info to add that would be great. Thanks.
Can you please add the link to his Namus page? It was not yet been posted to the thread, thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back