782 users online (158 members and 624 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VA - Amanda Carlson, 49, Albemarle County, 19 March 2018

Albemarle County police officers are asking for help to find a missing woman who was last seen in the county on Monday night.

Amanda Carlson was last seen during the early evening hours on March 19 near the 500 block of Old Lynchburg Road in Albemarle County.

Carlson is from Concord, Va.

http://www.newsplex.com/content/news...477669113.html

https://www.facebook.com/theawarefoundation/

Her FB page: https://www.facebook.com/100020666040827

She just married last year.

This takes me straight back to the disappearance of Morgan Harrington!

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    This takes me straight back to the disappearance of Morgan Harrington!
    Same geographic location (Charlottesville, Albemarle County, Virginia). She was last seen on Monday night, March 19, 2018 near 500 block of Old Lynchburg Rd. in Charlottesville. That's about one and a half hours (1-1/2 hrs.) away from where she lives (Concord, VA).

I wonder who she was visiting there? Also, did her husband report her missing? Does she have a cell phone with her? Is she driving? The fact that they report that she may be carrying her belongings in a clear plastic bag and is wearing nurses slide-on shoes makes me wonder if she is a nurse.
    Last edited by alexwood; 03-22-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    You can lead a horse to water, but sometimes ... you have to hold his head under

Quote Originally Posted by alexwood View Post
    Same geographic location (Charlottesville, Albemarle County, Virginia). She was last seen on Monday night, March 19, 2018 near 500 block of Old Lynchburg Rd. in Charlottesville. That's about one and a half hours (1-1/2 hrs.) away from where she lives (Concord, VA).

I wonder who she was visiting there? Also, did her husband report her missing? Does she have a cell phone with her? Is she driving? The fact that they report that she may be carrying her belongings in a clear plastic bag and is wearing nurses slip-on shoes makes me wonder if she is a nurse.
    Why would she be carrying her belongings in a clear plastic bag?

I know. That's why I wondered if she was a nurse -- that and the shoes. Some employers want you to bring your personal belongings to the job in a clear zippered pouch so they can see what you are bringing in and taking out. But I was just speculating on whether or not she was a nurse, or even employed at all. Was she there because she works in Charlottesville? We don't know anything yet about her.
    You can lead a horse to water, but sometimes ... you have to hold his head under

The only other reason I can figure for the clear bag is that she was just released from a medical facility in the Charlottesville area. But, if that were the case, I would think that her "missing" notice would contain a reference to a medical condition. All pure speculation on my part.

Amanda “Mandy” Carlson, age 49, was last seen on foot around 4:30 p.m. on Monday, March 19, 2018 leaving the Wellness Recovery Center located at 504 Old Lynchburg Rd. in Charlottesville, VA. She is without a vehicle, phone, ID or money and left carrying only a clear plastic bag with a single change of clothing.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiec...97654293874074

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Looks like she checked out of the wellness centre with her one change of clothing, and disappeared.

Perfect time for a fairly new husband to disappear her.
    Be the most brilliant color in the box!

According to the "Missing Pieces" notice, being out of contact with her family is not normal for her.

Article has been updated.
    http://www.nbc29.com/story/37799162/...t-of-character

ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Va. (WVIR) -
    Update: ACPD reports the body of Amanda Carlson was found. No foul play suspected.

VA - Amanda Carlson, 49, Albemarle County, 19 March 2018

The Wellness Recovery Center is an eleven bed, short term, residential crisis stabilization program for adults experiencing an acute mental health crisis.

What was it? Heroin overdose?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast