FL FL - Adam Walsh, 7, Hollywood, 27 July 1981

bykerladi

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't see another thread for Adam. I wanted to start one, because I thought that within the last two years or so Adam's body was recovered. I checked the web and didn't see anything, so I guess I'm wrong, but does anybody know the latest news?

From everything I have read, I haven't seen anything which says that it was recovered. You might try the AMW site, I am sure it would be mentioned there.

As far as I know only his head was found and that was pretty close to when he was abducted. I've never heard anything about the rest of his body being found.

His poor little head was found and that was it......:(

I dont remember hearing any updates on hsi body being found, other than his head, which was shortly after he was abducted. It's sad thay no one eas every officialyl charged with Adam's murder, but his family is sure they know who did it.

Henry Lee Lucas confessed to Adam's murder, but he later recanted his confession. He stated that Adam's body would never be found. I don't know if I believe that Lucas was the killer or not, but the Walshes do. Lucas never served time for Adam's murder. The man confessed to many murders across the U.S.; he traveled with a mentally-challenged man named Otis O'Toole. Lucas confessed to many heinous crimes, including murder, rape, and cannibalism. Who knows what was the truth and what were lies. He was a psychopath. I'm pretty sure he's dead now, and good riddance. I do wish the Walshes had gotten definate closure on their son's murder, though.

Sorry I don't have any links for this information. I'm at my computer at work and can't access a lot of places.

John Walsh was quoted as saying that " I believe Ottis Toole killed my boy " From what the authorities can account for, they can place Ottis Toole in the area around Hollywood, Fla. at the time of Adam's disappearance. Where they had a much harder time placing Henry Lee Lucas in the area. Also, they were found out to had parted ways for the time bewng. But, being that they were both pathilogical liars as well as murderers, anything can come out of looking into it further. Only time would tell.

I tried to read through "Tears of Rage", John Walsh's book about Adam and all that happened to their family following his going missing and up to their creation of their foundation for missing children and creation of AMW's tv program.

A very rough read that I could not finish - it's just so heartwrenching and covers many aspects of missing children and all they plowed through and were subjected to during that time, the murderers and their tales of grisly torture. I admire John Walsh. How he has not cracked during all he's gone through is beyond me - and he wanted to know EVERYTHING, whereas some can't fathom to know the depravity of some sick minds, he dug and dug to know it all. My bottom line was wanting to know what, if anything Sears ever did (as meager as it would be, compared to losing your son) to make an attempt of saying how very sorry they were for the circumstances surrounding their putting Adam outside the mall that day.
I too have wondered if anything else of that little boy was recovered. So sad.

michelle said:
I read all of John Walsh's books, That man is an inspiration. It is so sad though.

I agree Michelle. I know the Lord works in mysterious ways, but its hard to understand the path that John Walsh had to take to where he is today, helping so many people. For his family and for little Adam to have had to suffer so much to get him to where it appears that he was destined to be is tough to accept.

Mr. E said:
Henry Lee Lucas confessed to Adam's murder, but he later recanted his confession. He stated that Adam's body would never be found. I don't know if I believe that Lucas was the killer or not, but the Walshes do. Lucas never served time for Adam's murder. The man confessed to many murders across the U.S.; he traveled with a mentally-challenged man named Otis O'Toole. Lucas confessed to many heinous crimes, including murder, rape, and cannibalism. Who knows what was the truth and what were lies. He was a psychopath. I'm pretty sure he's dead now, and good riddance. I do wish the Walshes had gotten definate closure on their son's murder, though.

Sorry I don't have any links for this information. I'm at my computer at work and can't access a lot of places.

Actually Henry was never a suspect nor did he confess to this murder, it was Lucas's sidekick Otis O'Toole who confessed to the killing. But he later died while serving time in prison on an unrelated crime.

Garnan said:
Lucas was finally executed by the State of Texas, if memory serves.
Actually this is what happened to Lucas...
In 1998, based on a lack of evidence connecting Lucas to the "Orange Socks" murder and the existence of contradictory evidence, then-Texas Governor George W. Bush commuted Lucas's sentence to life. In March 2001, Henry Lee Lucas died in prison of natural causes. Two years before in 1996, Toole died in prison from cirrhosis of the liver

i didnt see anything posted new but on lkl yesterday John Walsh was on tv with lk they were talking about the new bill that the bush signed on tougher child laws and kidnaping. how they are going to have a national database for sex offenders and every state is required to submit the info. and how they are going to have more marshalls or something in le who are trained to look beyond drug deals and stuff how they need to look out for the sickos out their and stuff. they showed his family and when lk was asking him about the day he went missing and stuff you couldnt see lk but you could tell he was crying. and john walsh had tears in his eyes. then i started crying for adam but also beacuse they are finaly after 25 years going to do more for the missing. John also said something about how psycoligist and therapists need to study the minds of sex offenders and child molesters. how they study everything else but its time to study them. how could anyone take an innocent child and kill them why?. also he said he just found out what happened in sears. i guess a female security officer who had just had an abortion the day before and was hevealy medicated was trying to brake up the argument between the African american boys and the white boys she wasnt trained well and thought adam was with the other two white boys and she ordered them both out seperate doors adam was crying as he was outside alone. the person who killed him was probably following him waiting for the right moment and then made his move

smile22 said:
i didnt see anything posted new but on lkl yesterday John Walsh was on tv with lk they were talking about the new bill that the bush signed on tougher child laws and kidnaping. how they are going to have a national database for sex offenders and every state is required to submit the info. and how they are going to have more marshalls or something in le who are trained to look beyond drug deals and stuff how they need to look out for the sickos out their and stuff. they showed his family and when lk was asking him about the day he went missing and stuff you couldnt see lk but you could tell he was crying. and john walsh had tears in his eyes. then i started crying for adam but also beacuse they are finaly after 25 years going to do more for the missing. John also said something about how psycoligist and therapists need to study the minds of sex offenders and child molesters. how they study everything else but its time to study them. how could anyone take an innocent child and kill them why?. also he said he just found out what happened in sears. i guess a female security officer who had just had an abortion the day before and was hevealy medicated was trying to brake up the argument between the African american boys and the white boys she wasnt trained well and thought adam was with the other two white boys and she ordered them both out seperate doors adam was crying as he was outside alone. the person who killed him was probably following him waiting for the right moment and then made his move

Smile I watched that show too and I was even crying. I didn't know before that the store clerk or whoever had sent the boys out separate doors. Just broke my heart to hear this because this was a little boy who was no trouble and always did what he was told. He wouldn't have questioned the authoratative figure telling him what to do and would have been too scared to go back into the store to find his mom.

I got separated from my little boy once in a Sears (ironic). I was dashing around everywhere looking for him. I've never been so scared in my life. I was standing at the bottom of the down escalator and suddenly my son appears on the escalator holding the hand of a woman helping him. You can imagine my relief and elation.

Back to the show....I sure was impressed with the Walsh children - very confident and articulated. That youngest one really does look like Adam!

Adam's Murder tear's me up all the time. I remember like it was yesterday when he was kidnapped and him and I are the same age, that's how much it stuck in my mind.

michelle said:
Adam's Murder tear's me up all the time. I remember like it was yesterday when he was kidnapped and him and I are the same age, that's how much it stuck in my mind.

I was always under the impression that Adam was abducted from a WalMart - because of their Code Adam.

jilly said:
I was always under the impression that Adam was abducted from a WalMart - because of their Code Adam.
Oh really? Well I could see why one would think that.

jilly said:
It's not an exclusive Wal-Mart thing... ALL stores have implemented the Code Adam. Whenever a child is reported missing the store goes into lockdown.

MagicRose99 said:
It's not an exclusive Wal-Mart thing... ALL stores have implemented the Code Adam. Whenever a child is reported missing the store goes into lockdown.

Thanks MR - I didn't know that. WalMart's the only place I've been in when there's been a lockdown.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back