Found Deceased Mexico - Kevin, 41, Amy, 38, Sterling, 12, & Adrianna Sharp, 7, Tulum, 15 March 2018

moonriverfarm

Reaction score
EMERGENCY!!!! We are looking for 4 very important people! The faster this post circulates the quicker we as a family can get information and find our family!
Kevin, Amy, Sterling, and Adrianna Sharp left the United States on March 15, 2018 on a destination to Tulum, Mexico. On Wednesday, March 21st they were to board a plane from Cancun, Mexico at 2:45pm and arrive in St. Louis, Mo at 6:00pm March 21st. They were to arrive at the SWCC basketball game today (March 22nd) in Danville, IL . There has still not been any contact from them. They have not been in contact with family or friends since LAST Thursday night after reporting that they made it to their condo safely. We are extremely worried and hope they are found soon or can contact their family. We have filed a missing persons report through the US Embassy in Mexico already. We have also pinged cells phones and show that they are still in Mexico with no movement on their phones. Social media is also inactive. We as a family are trying to stay proactive. If you have any information (last contacted, resources, or ANYTHING!) contact the family ASAP! Thank you for your help!

Ashli Peterson made *advertiser censored*Facebook post*Thursday night asking for help to locate family members Kevin, Amy, Sterling, and Andrianna Sharp. She said the family left the U.S. on March 15, bound for Tulum, Mexico. The family was last heard from that night, after they reported the had made it safely to their condo.

Peterson says the family was supposed to return on a flight to St. Louis on March 21stand then attend the Southwest Community College basketball game in Danville, Illinois on Thursday – but they haven’t been heard from.

Peterson says the family’s social media accounts have been inactive and there hasn’t been any movement on their cellphones.

The post says missing persons reports have been filed with the U.S. Embassy in Mexico.

http://whotv.com/2018/03/23/police-...of-creston-family-reported-missing-in-mexico/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The Creston Police Department has confirmed that four members of a local family that other family members say are missing in Mexico have been added to a missing persons database.

Ashli Peterson made a Facebook post Thursday night asking for help to locate family members Kevin, Amy, Sterling, and Andrianna Sharp. She said the family left the U.S. on March 15, bound for Tulum, Mexico. The family was last heard from that night, after they reported the had made it safely to their condo.

http://whotv.com/2018/03/23/police-...of-creston-family-reported-missing-in-mexico/

Did they check out of the condo?
Are their belongings still there?
When were they last seen ?

Not much information

It seems that they were expected at a basketball game yesterday, and that's when the family realized there was a problem. The FB post was made less than 12 hours ago. I'm sure it will take a bit of time to first figure out where they were staying (unless someone had a very specific itinerary) and then to reach the condo owner or property management, get approvals from whomever they need to in order to search the condo. And then to investigate additional info like whether they had a rental car, when they were last seen, etc. and to get answers to the questions you asked, Dushi.

I'm praying for this family, hoping they're found quickly and safe.

Their phones are still in Mexico
I have been wondering about some sort of accident while traveling to sites and attractions

Their phones are still in Mexico
I have been wondering about some sort of accident while traveling to sites and attractions

That was a thought I had as well. If they were in a rental car and went off the road in a remote area, perhaps.

So far, the family has not been able to confirm through the airline whether or not the Sharp family ever actually boarded a flight out of Cancun. Authorities are in the process of trying to gather that information.

"Nobody's cell phones are on and they didn't land in St. Louis last night," Hoyt said. "There's been no Facebook posts and that's not like them. They're always posting pictures when they're on vacation."

According to Hoyt, Kevin's cell phone was tracked using Apple's Find My iPhone app, and it pinged in Mexico. Since it was pinged yesterday morning, the phone has not moved from that location.

http://www.crestonnews.com/2018/03/...ing-missing-creston-family-in-mexico/ayl5kny/

According to social media posts from family members, Kevin, Amy, Sterling and Adrianna Sharp were expected to arrive in St. Louis on March 21 to see a Southwestern Community College basketball game in Danville, Illinois.
Advertisement

Creston police confirmed this is an active missing persons case and are working with the State Department to gather information.

Relatives say there has been no contact from the family since they reported arriving safe in Tulum, Mexico on March 15.

Relatives say they are worried and have filed a missing persons report through the U.S. Embassy in Mexico.

According to relatives, social media accounts from the four family members have been inactive.

http://www.kcci.com/article/relatives-say-iowa-family-of-four-missing-on-mexican-vacation/19573820

Do we know the ages of the family members? I can add them to the thread title if known.

A Creston family has been reported missing in Mexico and local police are working with the State Department to investigate their whereabouts.

On Friday morning, the Creston Police Department confirmed they received a valid missing persons report regarding Kevin, Amy, Sterling and Adrianna Sharp.

[...]

The family has filed a missing persons report through the U.S. Embassy in Mexico, Peterson wrote. They also pinged cellphones that show the Sharps are still in Mexico "with no movement on their phones," she wrote. Their social media accounts have also been inactive.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...owa-family-reported-missing-mexico/452511002/

I have good friends who travel to Tulum multiple times per year. They report it to be a VERY safe area - they love it there and have never uttered a bad word about the place. I am also wondering about a car wreck or CO poisoning.

very troubling- and how scary for the family back home!

I have good friends who travel to Tulum multiple times per year. They report it to be a VERY safe area - they love it there and have never uttered a bad word about the place. I am also wondering about a car wreck or CO poisoning.

very troubling- and how scary for the family back home!

Isn't this included in the area that the no travel warning went out back in August for though? If I was traveling to a no travel warned area I would be wary about not sticking to resorts with armed security. But I tend to be over cautious.

There is a level 2 travel warning for this area

Level 2 - Exercise Increased Caution: Be aware of heightened risks to safety and security. The Department of State provides additional advice for travelers in these areas in the Travel Advisory. Conditions in any country may change at any time.

https://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2018/01/276945.htm

Isn't this included in the area that the no travel warning went out back in August for though? If I was traveling to a no travel warned area I would be wary about not sticking to resorts with armed security. But I tend to be over cautious.

It looks like the restrictions were lifted as of January.

http://www.theyucatantimes.com/2018...pdates-travel-advisories-for-mexico-and-cuba/

The new warning lifts restrictions on travel to tourist destinations in the state of Quintana Roo including Cancún, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Tulum and the Riviera Maya.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back