KY KY - Sandra Flynn Fisher, 31, Russell Co Fair, Russell Springs, 3 Aug 1978

There's no picture. I HATE IT when LE posts a missing person on their website or some database without a picture. I mean, what's the point? Isn't the purpose of such LE postings for a member of the public to recognize the missing person? How can the missing person be recognized if there's no available picture?

meggilyweggily said:
There's no picture. I HATE IT when LE posts a missing person on their website or some database without a picture. I mean, what's the point? Isn't the purpose of such LE postings for a member of the public to recognize the missing person? How can the missing person be recognized if there's no available picture?
There's really no description of her either. There's also this other couple missing on there named Claude and Sue Shelton, no pictures of them either, missing I think in 1971. The only reason I didn't post a thread on that case is it sounds like they took their savings and blew town and left the kids. No idea.

http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/cold_case/post11coldcase1.htm

meggilyweggily said:
What I'm finding is someone new inherited the case and posts it on the 'net, but the pictures have long since been lost.

If that were the case, and I was the investigator, my first order of business would be to try and track down relatives of the person to obtain more pictures or, failing that, a composite sketch based on what the relatives look like.

Bump.

Sandra has been missing 32 years today. Come home soon.

http://youtu.be/b4DeLLMHRTg
Missing: Sandra Flynn Fisher
Published on Jan 31, 2013
Sandra Flynn Fisher disappeared from the Russell County Fair in August of 1978. Almost 35 years later her family is still looking for answers. State Police hope someone will come forward to help close this cold case.

Sandra Flynn Fisher – UNSOLVED APPALACHIA
Initially, her family thought that maybe she had left with the carnival. It wouldn’t have been the first time. In 1976 and 1977 she had left with it but came back within a couple of weeks. However this time, weeks turned to months and months to years.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I believe I found an obituary for her father, who lived in Russell Springs, from 1967. If that connection is accurate, she was living in Louisville, KY at that time, and had a brother who was living there as well. This presumes that Flynn was her maiden name.

Sandra_Flynn_Fisher.jpg

Namus states that she wore prescription glasses, and she also seems to have a noticeable gap between her front teeth. Her ears may not have been pierced--this pair in the photo looks like they may be screw-on. It lists her as going by Sandy.

Sandra "Sandy" D. Flynn Fisher
sandy3.jpg newspaper2.jpg newspaper1.jpg
Date of Last Contact: August 3, 1978
Missing From: Russell Springs, Kentucky
Missing Age: 31 Years
Height: 5' 4" (64 Inches)
Weight: 150 lbs
Hair Color: Brown; shoulder-length, dyed hair blonde but it had grown out so only the tips may have been blonde

Eye Color: Blue; wore eyeglasses

Circumstances of Disappearance: She was last seen alive on August 3, 1978, at the Russell County Fair at approximately 2200 hours. She has not been seen since that night. Foul play is suspected. Sandra's purse with her id was left in the car. Sandra had left for a couple of weeks at a time in 1976 and 1977 with the Carnival but had always returned. When Sandra did not return this time her family made a report.
Dentals: Available. No extensive dental work done.
DNA: Available

10 Unidentified Person Exclusions
UP5158 06/17/1978 Mississippi AR
UP8579 01/25/1981 Hanover VA
UP8427 07/17/1982 Washoe NV-
UP6796 11/18/1985 Alleghany VA
UP6642 08/07/1986 Chesterfield VA
UP6629 02/03/1991 Frederick VA
UP6661 02/03/1991 Stafford VA
UP8493 12/06/1993 Fairfax VA
UP10647 06/07/2006 San Mateo CA
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA

Been looking into this for a Client local to the area. We deal in the Paranormal but was odd that at the location around the same time the home was being renovated and we caught some crazy EVPs. If anyone has any new info about this place PM me.

The home up the road from the fair grounds (11 Mins.) Its all very odd that its connected. We tried to get dogs out there to see if we can sniff anything up but for some reason every group we try to connect with ghost us after they get the address....

just watch the 1st 5 minutes of the recap to see what we got our 1st go around.

Any suggestions?

Hello everybody. I'm new here so please bare with me. I have been interested in a missing person case from 1978. The missing person's name is Sandra Lynn Fisher from Russell County, Kentucky. She went missing at the Russell County Fair in 1978 and hasn't been seen since then. I've included a link below about her case. I'm just curious if anyone's heard about her and if there's been any new developments in her case if any?

COLD CASE ON THE MISSING PERSON OF SANDRA FLYNN FISHER – kentuckystatepolice.org

Yeah I got a comment from TEPS on a YouTube video and while it's appreciated that you sent me this link I'm not a believer in the paranormal. I'm concerned with getting Sandra found or getting her and her family the justice they deserve.

Please print and hang around Russell Spring. Also post it on social media. Even though she disappeared in 1978, I still say someone knows something. So let's bring this case back to the public eye.

Attachments

• MISSING FISHER.jpg
    MISSING FISHER.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 0

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members