449 users online (75 members and 374 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50
Results 736 to 748 of 748
  1. #736
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,711
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthAussie View Post
    No worries. I got what you meant.

    I just dont see him getting any compensation ... involved or otherwise. Mostly because all reporting on him has been factual, as far as I can tell.

    No-one defaming him. Searches were carried out, evidence was taken, missed phone calls were reported, actual phone calls were reported, blocked pipe was reported, search near his home in the bush was reported, him driving by the search site was reported. No untruths there.

    The foster parents didn't mention his name during their interviews. The police have stated he is only one of the POIs - there were 'hundreds' - and that he was only one of the things they were looking at. They were 'open' to other scenarios.

    The media didn't only report on him, they reported on everything, and still do. They have reported on every POI. They have reported things about Karlie, about Brendan, about Natalie .... about everyone.

    As well, the police must have had good legal cause to obtain the search warrants they needed.

    I just can't see any grounds for compensation.

    .
    I’ve lost my like button but yes to everything you just said. I don’t think Jubes and team would pot themselves in a situation without Damn good evidence.
    Last edited by Hbayne; Yesterday at 07:40 AM.

  2. #737
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,729
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthAussie View Post
    Even victims of crime, in NSW, do not receive a lot of compensation.

    If Spedding got any compensation at all - which I can't believe he would, as reporting has been done on factual things that have happened, or police reports from historical crimes - it would only be equal to the amount of business he has 'lost', according to his reported income amount on his previous tax return, I would think.
    Spedding would be the unluckiest guy on the planet if heís innocent.

    (Psst I donít believe in such bazaar coincidences).
    Oh look is that a duck.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    JMHOO

    Chemo a day keeps the funeral away
    ET go home

  3. #738
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by JLZ View Post
    Ouch. That would turn my brain upside down.
    thanks JLZ, I agree. I think I'll just not log in, that way my 'silence' will be ensured

  4. #739
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,031
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthAussie View Post
    I am not sure that I am following your train of thought. Why would he have a huge amount of compensation due? And from who?

    As far as I can tell, no-one has told any untruths about him. He is one of several POIs for a reason that the police would be able to show, no doubt. The media have produced balanced articles, according to the Press Council ... and likely according to their own legal departments ... which is their requirement.

    I think of all the murdered/raped/assaulted/abused victims that have their names and reputations dragged through the mud when a defendant is trying to prove their own innocence ... by discrediting the victim as much as humanly possible This gets publicly reported on, too. Nothing ever happens, that I know of. No lawsuits, no compensation, for the victims or their families.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthAussie View Post
    Even victims of crime, in NSW, do not receive a lot of compensation.

    If Spedding got any compensation at all - which I can't believe he would, as reporting has been done on factual things that have happened, or police reports from historical crimes - it would only be equal to the amount of business he has 'lost', according to his reported income amount on his previous tax return, I would think.
    It will be interesting to find out just what BSí NSW Supreme Court application is all about then. Itís one thing to lodge a complaint with an industry body, ie; the Press Council, and quite another to bring an action in a court of law.

    I agree with what you say irt VoCs and the paltry amounts offered as compensation. We can thank one of our past NSW State governments for the reductions of the amounts paid. The limits were slashed years ago, possibly because they were a drain on the stateís coffers IIRC. Even so, many VoCs havenít been able to apply for compensation; particularly women and children who experienced domestic and sexual violence if charges werenít brought against the perpetrators.

  5. #740
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,031
    Quote Originally Posted by they'll get you View Post
    Spedding would be the unluckiest guy on the planet if he’s innocent.

    (Psst I don’t believe in such bazaar coincidences).
    Oh look is that a duck.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    See, that’s the thing tgy. Everyone including, as Wexford says, ‘the-unluckiest-washing-machine-repairman-in-the-world’, is innocent of any involvement in William’s disappearance until charges are laid and trial is held. That day can’t come soon enough for me because ‘someone knows something’ and William and his loved ones need justice to be meted out for this terrible crime.

    I can’t believe the bizarre coincidences in this case either. The early progress of William’s investigation, as seen through the lens of some MSM outlets and by the eyes of the public, has read more like a crime fiction novel in some instances rather than any true crime accounts I’ve ever read (and, believe me, I’ve read a few in my time).
    Last edited by Bohemian; Yesterday at 12:50 PM.


  6. #741
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Hbayne View Post
    Iíve lost my like button but yes to everything you just said. I donít think Jubes and team would pot themselves in a situation without Damn good evidence.
    I donít think DCI Jubelin would do that either, not after his experiences with the Gordon Wood and the Bowraville Childrenís cases. When he charges someone with this crime, heís going to do his best to make sure it sticks. Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
    St. Anthony, when you prayed, your stolen book of prayers was given back to you. We ask you now to please pray for all the missing children and adults of the world. Pray for their friends, family, and loved ones in the their time of suffering and sorrow. Pray that all missing people may be returned to their keeping. Or, if they must continue in their loss, pray that they may be given Christís comfort and peace.

    Amen.

  7. #742
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    48
    $1 million dollars must be like an anaconda, slowly suffocating and consuming its prey

    When the money stops, people get desperate

  8. #743
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Warshawski View Post
    thanks JLZ, I agree. I think I'll just not log in, that way my 'silence' will be ensured
    Awww ... Warshawski, that's not what I meant at all. I just was telling you what some people do, read back instead of forward, because you always say that you are so far behind.

    No-one wants your silence. And I am really sorry if that is what you thought I meant.
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

  9. #744
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,031
    Quote Originally Posted by MRichards View Post
    $1 million dollars must be like an anaconda, slowly suffocating and consuming its prey

    When the money stops, people get desperate
    Hi MR and welcome to Williamís thread.

    $1,000,000 or no, you would think that the Ďsomeone [who] knows somethingí wouldíve come forward by now. At least out of common human decency. But, then again, that seems to be in short supply in Williamís case.

    William will be 7 years of age in a couple of months then, after a few more, he will have been separated from his loved ones for almost four years. Yet there is still no word of his whereabouts, or if he is alive or deceased.

    What a dreadful crime it is to take someoneís child. I hope the person who intervened in Williamís life that day has the truth choked right out of them and our courts chew them up and spit them out ó straight into a prison cell for a very long time.

  10. #745
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Hbayne View Post
    In so many cases of suspected paedophiles being put on trial or even being convicted after trial their names are often withheld. Maybe this is why spedding is taking certain media outlets to court .
    This one's wasn't BUT -

    Notorious South Australian pedophile Shannon McCoole has had his minimum jail sentence cut by two years for testifying against another offender in Europe.

    In submissions, defence counsel Mark Griffin said McCoole gave evidence on two occasions by video link and his testimony was both of value and significance.

    He said it also demonstrated remorse on behalf of his client, who regarded it as "the right thing to do".

    Prosecutors argued that while McCoole had been willing to co-operate with Danish authorities, that co-operation was on his own terms.

    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...c71a10334b87d3
    SA pedophile MCoole's jail term cut
    Last edited by sosocurious; Yesterday at 10:50 PM.

  11. #746
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by sosocurious View Post
    This one's wasn't BUT -

    Notorious South Australian pedophile Shannon McCoole has had his minimum jail sentence cut by two years for testifying against another offender in Europe.

    In submissions, defence counsel Mark Griffin said McCoole gave evidence on two occasions by video link and his testimony was both of value and significance.

    He said it also demonstrated remorse on behalf of his client, who regarded it as "the right thing to do".

    Prosecutors argued that while McCoole had been willing to co-operate with Danish authorities, that co-operation was on his own terms.

    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...c71a10334b87d3
    SA pedophile MCoole's jail term cut
    His parents must be so proud. What a revolting excuse for a human being. I doubt very much that he 'snitched' because it was the right thing to do. He did it because he thought it would get him a lighter sentence. So he is a paedophile and a snitch and very self-serving to boot. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see as many of these people go down as possible but don't use the excuse 'right thing to do'. Call it like it is.

  12. #747
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,729
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthAussie View Post
    Awww ... Warshawski, that's not what I meant at all. I just was telling you what some people do, read back instead of forward, because you always say that you are so far behind.

    No-one wants your silence. And I am really sorry if that is what you thought I meant.
    I knew what you meant SA.
    Pssst I do the same sometimes.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    JMHOO

    Chemo a day keeps the funeral away
    ET go home

  13. #748
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Wexford View Post
    His parents must be so proud. What a revolting excuse for a human being. I doubt very much that he 'snitched' because it was the right thing to do. He did it because he thought it would get him a lighter sentence. So he is a paedophile and a snitch and very self-serving to boot. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see as many of these people go down as possible but don't use the excuse 'right thing to do'. Call it like it is.
    I agree, Inspector. His ‘co-operation’ is self serving and on his own terms, not as a result of him feeling any remorse for his crimes:

    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-1...uction/9674978

    He knows more but will only tell if it benefits him — and him only.
    St. Anthony, when you prayed, your stolen book of prayers was given back to you. We ask you now to please pray for all the missing children and adults of the world. Pray for their friends, family, and loved ones in the their time of suffering and sorrow. Pray that all missing people may be returned to their keeping. Or, if they must continue in their loss, pray that they may be given Christís comfort and peace.

    Amen.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50


Similar Threads

  1. Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #28
    By Coldpizza in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1181
    Last Post: 01-26-2018, 09:27 AM
  2. Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #16
    By Makara in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1002
    Last Post: 09-26-2015, 01:08 AM
  3. Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 8
    By CarmelEyesD in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1195
    Last Post: 04-23-2015, 07:14 AM
  4. Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 7
    By CarmelEyesD in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1041
    Last Post: 04-19-2015, 09:40 AM
  5. Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 6
    By CarmelEyesD in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 955
    Last Post: 03-05-2015, 12:11 AM