705 users online (152 members and 553 guests)  

Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthAussie View Post
    Who is JW?
    Jehovah's Witnesses?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    JMHOO

Chemo a day keeps the funeral away
    ET go home

Quote Originally Posted by they'll get you View Post
    Jehovah's Witnesses?

Who is JW?
    Quote Originally Posted by they'll get you View Post
    Jehovah's Witnesses?

Only JW I know of:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...93b5f6731f74c/
    Last edited by Bohemian; 04-16-2018 at 12:29 AM.
    St. Anthony, when you prayed, your stolen book of prayers was given back to you. We ask you now to please pray for all the missing children and adults of the world. Pray for their friends, family, and loved ones in the their time of suffering and sorrow. Pray that all missing people may be returned to their keeping. Or, if they must continue in their loss, pray that they may be given Christís comfort and peace.

Amen.

You don't bore us Warshawski. But I do know some people who read from the end of the thread and back to where they last left off, so they can see what has been addressed and what hasn't been, and gather their own thoughts on responses so far.
    Ouch. That would turn my brain upside down.

NC is uncharacteristically quiet. Has anyone heard anything about her or Brendan recently? Hopefully Brendan is in recovery.
    St. Anthony, when you prayed, your stolen book of prayers was given back to you. We ask you now to please pray for all the missing children and adults of the world. Pray for their friends, family, and loved ones in the their time of suffering and sorrow. Pray that all missing people may be returned to their keeping. Or, if they must continue in their loss, pray that they may be given Christís comfort and peace.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by JLZ View Post
    Ouch. That would turn my brain upside down.
    I think that works great!

I thought this was interesting in terms of what would prompt at least one child rapist to offend:

Dr Aboud said he believed Jackway was more likely to reoffend if he had been triggered by a stressful interaction and then resorted to drinking or taking drugs.

"Once he's intoxicated he's effectively in a very high-risk situation, in my view, like a time bomb that just takes a potential victim to cross him in order for him to go off."

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...16-p4z9ya.html

I thought this was interesting in terms of what would prompt at least one child rapist to offend:

Dr Aboud said he believed Jackway was more likely to reoffend if he had been triggered by a stressful interaction and then resorted to drinking or taking drugs.

"Once he's intoxicated he's effectively in a very high-risk situation, in my view, like a time bomb that just takes a potential victim to cross him in order for him to go off."

Yes and full of bravado and very low inhibition

Just over half (54%) of stereotypical kidnappings occurred when the perpetrator was under the influence of drugs or alcohol in this (US) survey:

http://www.unh.edu/ccrc/pdf/Child%20Kidnapping%20LE%20Report.pdf

I think there are later publications that focus on extended family or non-family abductions.

Amen.

Was just watching a programme - worlds most evil killers. Stuart hazel and the murder of his step granddaughter Tia. The poor little girl was mudered and hidden in the eaves of the grandfathers attic. Police and dogs had searched the house more than once in the week she was missing. Had me thinking that if hypothetically William was taken by one of the residents in the street and houses were all searched head to toe, could he have been missed like in this situation. Did police go back and search properties again ? Maybe they didnít as already knew who they needed to focus on. Just got me thinking that itís possible ??
    The media were also asked to put as much focus on this case as possible due to them knowing that she had met with foul play and wasnít just a missing girl

I just wanted to add that Iím not referring to fg house , more so the others searched in the road
    Last edited by Hbayne; 04-17-2018 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hbayne View Post
    Was just watching a programme - worlds most evil killers. Stuart hazel and the murder of his step granddaughter Tia. The poor little girl was mudered and hidden in the eaves of the grandfathers attic. Police and dogs had searched the house more than once in the week she was missing. Had me thinking that if hypothetically William was taken by one of the residents in the street and houses were all searched head to toe, could he have been missed like in this situation. Did police go back and search properties again ? Maybe they didnít as already knew who they needed to focus on. Just got me thinking that itís possible ??
    The media were also asked to put as much focus on this case as possible due to them knowing that she had met with foul play and wasnít just a missing girl

I just wanted to add that Iím not referring to fg house , more so the others searched in the road
    More than once, Hb, and quite extensively, according to this MSM article:

ĎPolice had previously searched every nook and cranny of the 21 houses in the estate where William disappeared from on September 12.í

https://www.9news.com.au/national/20...william-tyrell

Amen.

This is exactly why I wondered, quite a few posts ago, how much stress Spedding was under. With apparently rambunctious grandkids, a shop/office rent to pay, rent and bills to pay for their home, travelling from here to there and to there to make repairs (all that time on the road is not fun), assisting with the grandchildren's footy/swimming .. when he is not a young man anymore.

Maybe stressors play a big part in offending. The sense of power and control that offending supposedly gives.

The abuse is a matter of opportunity: the child is a sexual surrogate for an unavailable adult or the abuse represents a need to dominate and control another human being.
    http://theconversation.com/psycholog...children-59991

It stands to reason to believe that those who crossed the line with children — whether pedophiles or not — may have been motivated by power, have an inherent lack of empathy towards the suffering of their victims .....
    https://medium.com/pedophiles-about-...n-4608092ec108
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

This is exactly why I wondered, quite a few posts ago, how much stress Spedding was under. With apparently rambunctious grandkids, a shop/office rent to pay, rent and bills to pay for their home, travelling from here to there and to there to make repairs (all that time on the road is not fun), assisting with the grandchildren's footy/swimming .. when he is not a young man anymore.

Maybe stressors play a big part in offending. The sense of power and control that offending supposedly gives.

The abuse is a matter of opportunity: the child is a sexual surrogate for an unavailable adult or the abuse represents a need to dominate and control another human being.

It stands to reason to believe that those who crossed the line with children — whether pedophiles or not — may have been motivated by power, have an inherent lack of empathy towards the suffering of their victims .....
    Yes it makes you wonder how his demeanour was to those close to him prior to Williams disappearence

Was Spedding also in poor health? (Another stressor.) Not sure how old was the video of him describing goods for sale but he certainly appeared unhealthy there. I think I recall that MS had recently been in hospital which would presumably have added to his responsibilities.

Some people actually enjoy a lot of driving. If Spedding had 4WD-ing as a hobby he may well have been one of those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    More than once, Hb, and quite extensively, according to this MSM article:

‘Police had previously searched every nook and cranny of the 21 houses in the estate where William disappeared from on September 12.’

https://www.9news.com.au/national/20...william-tyrell
    I personally don’t believe he was taken by anyone in the street whose houses were searched , it was more that this case I referred to intrigued me as this guy was definitely a suspect and after two initial home searches they missed the body.

Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast