AZ- Mother arrested after toddler, baby found dead in car seats

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
Awful.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-t...in-car-seats-in-vehicle-outside-arizona-home/

Last Updated Mar 27, 2018 1:30 PM EDT

SUPERIOR, Ariz. -- A 20-year-old mother has been arrested after a baby and a toddler were found dead in car seats in a vehicle in a rural Arizona community Monday night, reports CBS affiliate KPHO.

Pinal County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Navideh Forghani says the children found in the vehicle at a home in the town of Superior were 2 years old and 10 months old. Forghani tells KPHO that 20-year-old Brittany Velasquez was arrested and is being charged with two counts of murder.

Her husband's facebook *references him as her husband in 2016 posts* can be found through her facebook (appears he died in 2017) -maybe she couldn't handle the 2 young babies

Her boyfriend facebook can be found through her facebook (appears he died in 2017) -maybe she couldn't handle the 2 young babies

Then she should have given them over to the authorities . Poor little souls.

In her booking photo she has the 'dead eye' look we've seen so many times.

What could have happened that could make a mum kill her children. Looking at her Facebook she seems happy and the kids look happy. Is this another case of making yourself look like a perfect mum on Facebook but really you don't care about your kids.

If her husband died last year, I understand being in a very bad place. Sad that she could not get the help she may have needed.

Nooooooooooo :tantrum:

Not again.

They're adorable, I can't even hold the water works.

If It was her needing help I would have thought she would try to harm herself. I can't imagine many mums killing their children after losing their husband, but I've heard of killing the kids then killing themselves as well. I don't know what the situation is here, just thinking of what could have happened.

last one I promise lol..
Looks like the family knew the kids were in danger and reported her.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...tany-velasquez-superior-toddler-a8276791.html[FONT=&quot]The local Fox10 news station reported that relatives had repeatedly called child safety authorities to tell them Ms Velasquez’s children were in danger due to her “unstable” mental state.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The victims’ grandmother told the local CBS News station that “she feels that the system has failed her”.[/FONT]

She was in rehab 4-5 years ago according to that article and married at the age of 18, before losing her husband last year. Sounds like she's had a tough life herself. Not that it excuses abusing/murdering her children, but I wonder how much real support she got. Sounds like if she was in rehab at the age of 15/16 then she already had issues, then the death of her husband would also impact on her. I feel sorry for the babies. What a shame.

EDIT: sorry I thought she was 20 now, not 21, but even so. She's still been through a lot in her own short life

She was in rehab 4-5 years ago according to that article and married at the age of 18, before losing her husband last year. Sounds like she's had a tough life herself. Not that it excuses abusing/murdering her children, but I wonder how much real support she got. Sounds like if she was in rehab at the age of 15/16 then she already had issues, then the death of her husband would also impact on her. I feel sorry for the babies. What a shame.

EDIT: sorry I thought she was 20 now, not 21, but even so. She's still been through a lot in her own short life
The rehab thing I think was a rehab of behavior not drugs. Yeah she has had problems for quite a while by the sounds of things.

wow, I read about this yesterday. I did not think it was on purpose. Poor kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back