GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #10

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

Desperate search for Ohio Woman Sierah Joughin Who Vanished While on Bike Ride

Sierah Joughin was out riding with her boyfriend Tuesday before the pair parted ways around 6:45 p.m. near Evergreen High School in Metamora, Ohio. The University of Toledo junior was reported missing by her family later that night when she didn't return home. Her purple bicycle was discovered several rows into a cornfield not far from where she was last seen, Fulton County Sheriff Roy Miller said Thursday. He added that there were signs of struggle.

Ex-con charged in murder of Ohio college student

A sheriff's investigator filed a criminal complaint Tuesday accusing an ex-convict of aggravated murder after a University of Toledo student's body was found following her disappearance last week.James Worley, is charged in the death of 20-year-old Sierah Joughin. She was last seen July 19 riding her bike along a country road with her boyfriend, reports CBS affiliate WTOL. The two parted ways after their ride, but Joughin never made it home.Worley was initially arrested Friday on an abduction charge in the disappearance.[...]The sheriff later confirmed that the remains found in a cornfield Friday were that of Sierah Joughin

.Murder, abduction suspect to remain in jail without bond

WAUSEON — A Fulton County judge today ordered that a murder and abduction suspect should remain in jail without bond.

Case Map [compliments of steelman]

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Known and potential victims of accused killer James Dean Worley Thread

Search and Seizure Warrant

Copy and pasted from Kadoober on previous thread

Timeline

7/19/2016 20 year old Sierah Joughin is last seen riding her bike by her boyfriend in the evening, around Cty Rd 6 and 120 in Fulton County Ohio. She doesn't come home and is reported missing.
7/19/2016 Sierahs bike is found in a cornfield very close to home around midnight, on County road 6.
7/22/2016 James D. Worley is arrested for the abduction of Sierah Joughin - Fulton county case CRA1600172
7/22/2016 Investigators begin searching the home and property of James D. Worley at 10627 County Road 6 in Delta.
7/22/2016 Search and Seizure warrant is filed
7/23/2016 Investigators find the body of Sierah Joughin buried in a shallow grave, in an area off of County Road 7.
7/26/2016 James D. Worley is charged with the aggravated murder of Sierah Joughin - Fulton county case CRA1600177
7/27/2016 Delta lawyer Amber VanGunten wants to have Worleys DNA tested in connection with Lori Ann HIll
7/27/2016 BCI used fingerprints to identify Sierah Joughin
7/27/2016 T.Luke Jones is assigned to prosecute JDW Fulton county case CRA1600177 (Agg murder) and CRA1600172 (Abduction)
7/28/2016 Search Warrant information is released from the search of Worleys property. It is beyond horrific.
8/2/2016 A spokesperson for the Attorney General’s office said no other remains have been found on Worley’s property but added that the investigation is ongoing.
8/10/2016 Sierah's cause of death has been ruled asphyxiation. She was found gagged, handcuffed and hog tied. No evidence of sexual assault.
8/16/2016 JDW is indicted on 19 counts in relation to the abduction and murder of Sierah Joughin
8/16/2016 Prosecutors will pursue the death penalty for JDW

1 Abduction - GUILTY
2 Abduction - GUILTY
3 Kidnapping - GUILTY
4 Kidnapping - GUILTY
5 Kidnapping- GUILTY
6 Kidnapping- GUILTY
7 Felonious Assault - GUILTY
8 Felonious Assault - GUILTY
9 Murder- GUILTY
10 Murder- GUILTY
11 Aggravated Murder - GUILTY
12 Aggravated Murder- GUILTY
13 Aggravated Robbery - DISMISSED W/O PREJUDICE
14 Aggravated Robbery - DISMISSED W/O PREJUDICE
15 Possessing Criminal Tools - GUILTY (additional finding - JW posessed these tools for use as a device to abduct, kidnap, feloniously assault and murder)
16 Gross Abuse of a Corpse- GUILTY
17 Tampering with Evidence - GUILTY
18 Having Weapons while under disability - GUILTY
19 Having Weapons while under disability - GUILTY

HALLELUJAH!!!

GUILTY on ALL COUNTS!
tampering with evidence, abuse of corpse, kidnapping, having weapons while on disability, murder, aggravated murder

He still looks as calm as can be. He must be incapable of showing emotions/feelings

Monday morning 9 am for Sentencing. Testimony from State, Defense mitigating factors, final arguments. instructions to jury. Their choices:

- Death; or
- Life without poss parole/
- life with possibility of parole after 30 years/
- life with possibiiity parole after 25 years.

it’s been a great group here to follow along with. :tyou: thank you, all, for being here. :grouphug:

With the pronouncement of 17 guilty verdicts Tuesday, family members of a Metamora woman who was snatched from her bicycle and asphyxiated by James Worley, cried, and hugged, and exhaled.

Worley, 58, showed no reaction, even as Fulton County Common Pleas Judge Jeffrey Robinson said the jury had found him guilty on specifications that could land him on death row for the July, 2016, aggravated murder of Sierah Joughin, 20.

The jury of eight women and four men deliberated less than six hours Tuesday before announcing they had reached unanimous verdicts just after 3 p.m.

[...]

In addition to two counts of aggravated murder, Worley was convicted of two counts each of murder, abduction, felonious assault, and having weapons under disability; four counts of kidnapping, and one count each of possession of criminal tools, gross abuse of a corpse, and tampering with evidence.

Because Worley was found guilty of aggravated murder with death penalty specifications, the jury will return at 9 a.m. Monday for the sentencing phase, where defense attorneys will call witnesses to provide mitigating evidence, or reasons why the defendant should not receive a death sentence. The prosecution will call witnesses to testify to the aggravating circumstances of the case.

The jury will deliberate again to decide whether to sentence Worley to the death penalty or life in prison.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2...y-found-guilty-for-Sierah-Joughin-murder.html

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14020978

I joined for SJ in 2016 but sat in the WS corner table until the trial started. I know I am sticking around as I have found a peace in my heart from helping with info gathering if that makes sense to anyone else?

Working behind the scenes for the Violent Offenders Bill in OH has spurred me to try to do the same here in MI. Monsters like JW should be the FIRST to be questioned in the area of simular cases. You WB'ians ;-) are a great group and I would love to be able to help others as ya'll do.

**group hug**

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

How does a civil suit play out in a case like this? Once he has been sentenced, that will proceed?

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14020978

I joined for SJ in 2016 but sat in the WS corner table until the trial started. I know I am sticking around as I have found a peace in my heart from helping with info gathering if that makes sense to anyone else?

Working behind the scenes for the Violent Offenders Bill in OH has spurred me to try to do the same here in MI. Monsters like JW should be the FIRST to be questioned in the area of simular cases. You WB'ians ;-) are a great group and I would love to be able to help others as ya'll do.

**group hug**

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

you have been a big help here. I’m glad you will stick around and participate even more. It does become addicting. Welcome aboard !

NewMama: Not long after Sierah was found there was an written interview with her mom in People Magazine. It was a very thoughtful interview and I will never forget Sierah’s mom’s grace given the crime. My thoughts are with her right now.
On a separate note, this was the last case I followed with Foxfire. He was certain there were other and I have no doubt he’s helping from his new realm.
Rest In Peace, Sierah. May your loved ones and loyal Sleuthers find a measure of comfort this evening.

I was going back through the threads here last night and kept seeing Foxfire’s name. Brought back many good memories of the cases he helped with here. I hope he knows how valuable he was and is always around in our memories, pushing us to keep on. For Foxfire :rose: and Sierah :rose:

NewMama mentioned the People article that focused on Sierah’s mom. (I don’t know how to quote a post from a previous thread, so . . . )

That very article has stuck with me, too. I’ve thought so often about this quote—and Sheila Vaculik’s strength:

“Vaculik has found peace by sitting on her back deck and looking out onto the evergreen woods where she and Joughin used to walk when she was a little girl.
“She’d call [the woods] her ‘beautiful world,'” Vaculik says. “And I sit out there and I remember that it is a beautiful world, and it will be again.”

[emoji177][emoji258]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just rewatched the verdict reading (was at work so was distractedly following along).

Did anyone notice the flash of hatred he shot towards his lawyer just a short time after shaking his head after the murder verdict was read? His eye blinking increased like crazy during that time.

I recently watched a court case regarding a man who abducted and did atrocious things to a little girl. For as awful of crimes that the man did to the girl, and though I wanted justice to occur (it did, guilty and sentenced to death), there was still a part of me that felt sorrow for be man. What happened in his life to lead him to those decisions?

I don’t feel such compassion for Worley. He doesn’t seem to have a drop of remorse. Nor do I think he truly accepts responsibility for what happened. I agree with what others said earlier — she died before he could do what he intended to do to her. And he is still pissed off about that two years later.

Re: Foxfire /Glenn .. oh how I wish he were still here with us to discuss this..but I saw little signs here and there from him including today the first thing I saw when I opened up my phone today was his logo picture of the lone wolf howling at the moon. I still miss him very much . we talked every single day hours at a time sometimes. I believe he was with us today for sure in spirit

NewMama mentioned the People article that focused on Sierah’s mom. (I don’t know how to quote a post from a previous thread, so . . . )

That very article has stuck with me, too. I’ve thought so often about this quote—and Sheila Vaculik’s strength:

“Vaculik has found peace by sitting on her back deck and looking out onto the evergreen woods where she and Joughin used to walk when she was a little girl.
“She’d call [the woods] her ‘beautiful world,'” Vaculik says. “And I sit out there and I remember that it is a beautiful world, and it will be again.”

[emoji177][emoji258]

I remember one time when we were little going out into the woods with her and my dad and my brother and her calling it her beautiful wolrd. :'(

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I remember one time when we were little going out into the woods with her and my dad and my brother and her calling it her beautiful wolrd. :'(

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

aww... so sweet. it is good to have her remembered so fondly here. Thank you for sharing and being here with us. :heartluv:

Re: Foxfire /Glenn .. oh how I wish he were still here with us to discuss this..but I saw little signs here and there from him including today the first thing I saw when I opened up my phone today was his logo picture of the lone wolf howling at the moon. I still miss him very much . we talked every single day hours at a time sometimes. I believe he was with us today for sure in spirit

I miss Foxfire and his knowledgeable discussions too. He was an amazing advocate for missing persons and victims.

I first started to talk with him during the Holly Bobo case when it first happened a long time ago. I actually met him on another site that I wont mention. The one that is notorious and usually has a site for each city. He had a different Avatar handle there. Foxfire was amazing and even helped out during an actual foot search for Holly.

Then I found Foxfire here on the same Holly case and realized it was the same person. He helped in lots of the hard cases here and he is missed by many.

I am convinced Foxfire was watching the verdict yesterday along with us.

RIP Foxfire and Sierah

I miss Foxfire and his knowledgeable discussions too. He was an amazing advocate for missing persons and victims.

I first started to talk with him during the Holly Bobo case when it first happened a long time ago. I actually met him on another site that I wont mention. The one that is notorious and usually has a site for each city. He had a different Avatar handle there. Foxfire was amazing and even helped out during an actual foot search for Holly.

Then I found Foxfire here on the same Holly case and realized it was the same person. He helped in lots of the hard cases here and he is missed by many.

I am convinced Foxfire was watching the verdict yesterday along with us.

RIP Foxfire and Sierah

I scrolled through my email yesterday while waiting for the judge to read the verdict, and this jumped out at me on one email message. I think Foxfire was looking out for Sierah:
b809d1bd096695c58875e0cff46c962d.jpg
552f950be5fd26f62dda04f302e72189.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member