Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest* #2 (missing again 23 July 2018)

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
PA - Kevin M. Esterly, 45 -
for Felony Custodial Interference -
Lehigh County >>> Allentown -
5 Mar 2018

Wanted Defendant:
Kevin Michael* Esterly
White / Male / 45 Years Old
5' 9" :: 185 Lbs.
Brown* Eyes with Glasses :: Brown* Hair
Born: 29 Dec 1972*

1999 Red Honda Accord EX -- 2 Door Coupe
PA Plate: KLT-0529

Stock Photo of Possibly-Similar Coupe:
cache.php

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=i...hHDXQ#imgrc=e9EWbAmw35-6kM:&spf=1520481289746
^^^ Click for Photo ^^^

Allentown, Lehigh County is in Eastern, PA

Day Three

1)) Pennsylvania Missing and Unidentified©:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/PennsylvaniaMissingandUnidentified/posts/

2)) Fox Television Network -- Channel 29:
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=kevin esterly

Thread #1

[Post 5499
Thread 367694]

A.Y., 16, and Kevin Esterly, 45, were last seen or or about Monday and they could possibly be endangered. They may be traveling together in a 1999 red, two-door Honda Accord with a Pennsylvania license plate registration of KLT 0529. Y has been reported as a runaway and is believed to be with Esterly. A. is described as a 4-foot-11-inches Asian woman weighing about 90 pounds. Esterly is a white man standing 5-foot-9-inches and weighing 185 pounds.

Amy%20Yu%20Kevin%20Esterly%20Missing%20Allentown_1520454792247.jpg_5042192_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/allentown/index.ssf/2018/03/girl_16_and_45-year-old_man_mi.html
http://www.fox29.com/news/police-missing-man-teen-may-be-traveling-together

Allentown police also filed a warrant Wednesday for Esterly’s arrest on a single count of interference with the custody of a child. According to the warrant, Esterly repeatedly signed Y out of the charter school without her parents’ permission.

School officials have not returned calls seeking comment.

According to court documents, Y’s parents alerted police last month about Esterly.

Stacey Esterly, who said she last saw her husband about 6:05 a.m. Monday. Kevin Esterly’s personal documents were missing and, she said, he had withdrawn $4,000 from his wife’s bank account.

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...k-missing-man-teen-update-20180308-story.html

FOUND: Missing Teen, 45-Year-Old Located in Mexico

A 45-year-old man and a 16-year-old girl who have been missing from the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania have been located in Mexico, and are expected to be returned to the United States, the U.S. Marshall's Office in Miami confirmed to NBC10.
Both are in good health, the law enforcement source said.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...-45-Year-Old-Located-in-Mexico-477186173.html

People article:

Wife of Man Who Allegedly Fled to Mexico With Teen Says: 'I Never Had Any Inkling it Would Lead to This'
http://people.com/crime/kevin-esterly-wife-speaks-out/

The wife of the 45-year-old Pennsylvania man who allegedly ran off to Mexico with a 16-year-old girl is speaking out, saying she tried to stop her husband from having contact with the girl.

“I did reach out to her mother, just saying I didn’t want [her] around as much, around my family and my children,” Stacey Esterly told Good Morning America Monday.

[...]

BBM. This is odd to me. I am no way victim blaming, but it's her own husband she should be making that request to. Otherwise, it comes off as if she is blaming AY's family for the continuing relationship.

Lawyer: A Y's mom looks to sue Esterly, possibly others

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-val...ooks-to-sue-esterly-possibly-others/721723997

"Attorney Everett Cook told 69 News Mui Luu will file a lawsuit against Kevin Esterly, and she and Cook are exploring the ideas of suing others involved in the incident such as Lehigh Valley Academy Regional Charter School and the airlines Yu and Esterly used to leave the coun"

"Cook said Yu's family is also exploring legal action against American Airlines, claiming the airline allowed Yu to fly using her mother's passport."

"As a parent and as a lawyer it's absolutely terrible what he did," Cook said. "We don't have to have all the facts on what he did while he had her in Mexico and then over the past couple of years, but one can imagine that none of it's good. It just sounds like nothing good came out of this relationship between him and this young girl."

"

Regarding the "both" warning by police,IIRC early reports had AY mom commenting that why did AY call SE "mom" and she replied "that's normal" in addition to why KE was called "dad". Strange if true.
It may just be that the police thought that SE would have some revenge motive and to stay away from the AY mom too, but it is weird.

I think SE had tried to get KE to stay away from AY but it wasn't working. So she tried to enlist AY's mom to help from her end and put up a united front. I think AY's mom was willing to do that but AY wouldn't agree. SE went to AY and her mom's house to confront her and I assume KE followed along. I am guessing SE flat out told AY to stay away from her family. Its unknown why the police arrived but all they would have seen was a confrontation between SE and AY that involved KE. It would have been reasonable for the responding officers to just give no contact instructions to both KE and SE to stay away. Depending upon what the police were told, they may be should have followed up more to investigate if there was more going on (ie between KE and a young teen girl). But I also think that SE probably fully suspected what was going on between her husband and AY but rather than flat out tell the police, she was desperately trying to just get it to stop and save her family. I certainly don't blame her for that. And it appears to me that AY's mom was trying from her end to stop KE from seeing AY as well, but she had little control over the girl at that point it appears. While I don't blame AY's mom at all, she probably should have sought out some legal assistance earlier. But I know it was difficult for her.

It appears from some of the posts in the last thread that there is some confusion. AY's mom's attorney is apparently claiming that they may sue the airlines because they allowed AY to board using her mom's passport. This would have to mean that the ticket was also purchased in the mom's name. With a credit card you can purchase online tickets for whatever names you want. But you can't get the boarding passes without ID for each. KE didn't have a cc and had to pay cash. So at the ticket counter he would have had to shown ID for both him and AY. The allegation of the attorney seems to be that they used AY's mom's passport for AY. If this is true, the airlines has a HUGE problem and, as an attorney, I would LOVE to have that case! It also means that TSA allowed her through security with an ID that wasn't her own. TSA is immune from liability. But that agency is so dysfunctional that I am not at all surprised AY could have used her mom's passport and TSA didn't catch it.

It appears from some of the posts in the last thread that there is some confusion. AY's mom's attorney is apparently claiming that they may sue the airlines because they allowed AY to board using her mom's passport. This would have to mean that the ticket was also purchased in the mom's name. With a credit card you can purchase online tickets for whatever names you want. But you can't get the boarding passes without ID for each. KE didn't have a cc and had to pay cash. So at the ticket counter he would have had to shown ID for both him and AY. The allegation of the attorney seems to be that they used AY's mom's passport for AY. If this is true, the airlines has a HUGE problem and, as an attorney, I would LOVE to have that case! It also means that TSA allowed her through security with an ID that wasn't her own. TSA is immune from liability. But that agency is so dysfunctional that I am not at all surprised AY could have used her mom's passport and TSA didn't catch it.

What is your source that she used her mother's passport to board? I have only seen some vague hints at that.

What is your source that she used her mother's passport to board? I have only seen some vague hints at that.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-val...ooks-to-sue-esterly-possibly-others/721723997

Luu's attorney stating that she may have used her mother's passport. I am wondering if homeland security has informed them that the ticket was not in Amy's name, but her mother's. If Amy flew on her own passport on a ticket in her own name I don't know why this would even be coming up. Somewhere along the line, Amy's mother's passport apparently was used.

Just want to clarify my post from the other thread wondering if SE hired the lawyer to protect herself from legal ramifications. I do not want to come across as blaming SE, she certainly is not to blame!

However, I am curious on what the law is on this situation? I don't see them pursuing this avenue but what is the law if she was aware of a sexual relationship between her husband and a minor and did not report it? I do feel she was right to obtain an attorney just in case. It could be a big deal.

Just want to clarify my post from the other thread wondering if SE hired the lawyer to protect herself from legal ramifications. I do not want to come across as blaming SE, she certainly is not to blame!

However, I am curious on what the law is on this situation? I don't see them pursuing this avenue but what is the law if she was aware of a sexual relationship between her husband and a minor and did not report it? I do feel she was right to obtain an attorney just in case. It could be a big deal.

I can't speak to Pennsylvania law, but under general or uniform mandatory reporting laws SE would not have been required to report anything to law enforcement.

I can't speak to Pennsylvania law, but under general or uniform mandatory reporting laws SE would not have been required to report anything to law enforcement.

gotcha, so I'm thinking a person like a teacher or police, etc.. would be required by law?

I think she was aware but had no proof besides the "inappropriate" text messages. A lot of other circumstantial evidence but not much proof.

The interview with AY's brother, he confirmed that a month prior to their disappearance that SE accused KE and AY of having sex in front of KE, AY and AY mom.

I honestly doubt SE kissed her husband goodbye the morning he left like she stated. She's accused him of having sex with a minor, been fighting with him since the summer, knew he had an apartment blocks away from Amy, and saw inappropriate text messages with AY.

SE is a victim and my heartbreaks for her but some of her statements I've started to take with a grain of salt. I'm not sure what the purpose of that statement was unless she was trying to paint a picture of them trying to reconcile as to why she hadn't filed for divorce earlier.

I don't think they were anywhere close to reconciling.

gotcha, so I'm thinking a person like a teacher or police, etc.. would be required by law?

Mandatory reporters are required to report evidence or suspicion of abuse. But if the age of consent in Penn is 16 then where is the abuse? I guess an argument could be made of emotional abuse of some sort. But regardless, neithger SE nor AY's mom would have been legally required to notify law enforcement if they thought there was a sexual relationship between AY and KE.

Mandatory reporters are required to report evidence or suspicion of abuse. But if the age of consent in Penn is 16 then where is the abuse? I guess an argument could be made of emotional abuse of some sort. But regardless, neithger SE nor AY's mom would have been legally required to notify law enforcement if they thought there was a sexual relationship between AY and KE.

I have not doubt something was going on before she was 16. He knew her since she was 8 years old...

I have not doubt something was going on before she was 16. He knew her since she was 8 years old...

Oh I fully agree, but it was probably not quite as evident. And it will be difficult to prove in court unless AY is willing to cooperate.

Think it applies to professionals teachers, doctors.
However if they became ware of something with their own children a case could be made for not living up to their parental duties.
With children of others I'm not sure their are any legal obligations for an individual only ethical and moral ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back