MD MD - Jeanette Allen Ratino, 20, Calvert County, April 1986

cybervampira

Reaction score
Authorities are requesting the community’s help in obtaining information related to a cold case of a woman last seen in Calvert County who went missing in 1986.
5c12a0147bf4ff93a93cbe996303096f.jpg

Jeanette Allen Ratino, who was 20 years old at the time, was reported as a missing person in 1986 by her father, Joseph Ratino. She was last seen in Calvert County in April 1986 but has yet to be located, a press release from the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office states. Ratino is presumed to have been the victim of a homicide.

The sheriff’s office’s criminal investigations bureau continues to investigate the case and is asking anyone with relevant information to contact Det. Wayne Wells at 410-535-2800, ext. 2595, or wayne.wells@calvertcountymd.gov. Those who wish to remain anonymous can contact the Crime Solvers Tip Line at 410-535-2880.

Calvert County Sheriff’s Office blog: http://calvertsheriff.blogspot.de/2018/03/sheriffs-office-requesting-publics.html?m=1

Article: http://www.somdnews.com/recorder/sp...cle_32aba928-6866-5b97-bab7-051ee4a17bd1.html

I found a marriage record for Jeannie: https://www.ancestry.com/interactiv...src=BES2&_phstart=successSource&usePUBJs=true

She married a Korean man with the last name Yang on 9 Aug 1983 in Arlington, VA. Her middle name is given as Florence in the record, which may indicate Allen is an alternate last name for her and not her given middle name. I'm pretty sure this is her because her father's name (Joseph Ratino) is listed on the record and she gives a current address in North Beach, MD which is located in Calvert County. Jeanette lists her place of birth as Washington DC and her date of birth as June 7, 1965.

Public records show Jeanette Yang with a PO box in Williamstown, MA (1989) and an address in Stoughton, MA (1993) and Renton, WA (1991). However these records do not necessarily indicate she lived at these addresses on these dates. Her husband may have updated her address and had her mail forwarded when he moved to all these places. Or she may have lived in some of these places previously and the dates are carried over from old accounts not closed. The dates on public address records are usually not accurate/do not always reflect when a person actually lived in a place.

I found a marriage record for Jeannie: https://www.ancestry.com/interactiv...src=BES2&_phstart=successSource&usePUBJs=true

She married a Korean man with the last name Yang on 9 Aug 1983 in Arlington, VA. Her middle name is given as Florence in the record, which may indicate Allen is an alternate last name for her and not her given middle name. I'm pretty sure this is her because her father's name (Joseph Ratino) is listed on the record and she gives a current address in North Beach, MD which is located in Calvert County. Jeanette lists her place of birth as Washington DC and her date of birth as June 7, 1965.

Public records show Jeanette Yang with a PO box in Williamstown, MA (1989) and an address in Stoughton, MA (1993) and Renton, WA (1991). However these records do not necessarily indicate she lived at these addresses on these dates. Her husband may have updated her address and had her mail forwarded when he moved to all these places. Or she may have lived in some of these places previously and the dates are carried over from old accounts not closed. The dates on public address records are usually not accurate/do not always reflect when a person actually lived in a place.
Great find! I wonder why she is believed to be a victim of homicide. There‘s really not much information here. Nothing in NamUs, no news articles other that the ones posted today. Her father must be in his 70s if he‘s still alive.

Great find! I wonder why she is believed to be a victim of homicide. There‘s really not much information here. Nothing in NamUs, no news articles other that the ones posted today. Her father must be in his 70s if he‘s still alive.

The Renton, WA address really caught my attention and gave me a theory. Unfortunately a lot of adults reported missing in the 1980's were not taken seriously or filed as a missing case at the time they were actually missing. This is just speculation, but if she was thought to have moved across the country, then it may not have been looked into too closely at the time. I hope we get more details in this case.

Jeanette has a mylife record: https://www.mylife.com/jeanette-ratino/e6442056486

That is sort of unusual. I don't think I've ever seen this for someone who has been missing since the 1980's and presumed deceased. Usually cold cases from prior to the internet don't have an internet footprint like this. There are no email addresses listed for her so it's possible someone else put the info on the web. :thinking:

Maryland Missing is working on getting Jeanette on their site. Currently they have no photo and have her name as "Jean Ratino-Allen" with "more info coming": http://www.marylandmissing.com/missingpersons.html

Hope it won't be long before they have more info. I just found she was added May 25, 2012 according to their updates:

"The 1983 disappearance of Jeanne Ratino-Allen (Calvert) has been added to this site"

http://www.marylandmissing.com/home/updates.html
So, Allen is really not a middle name as you already noted earlier. [emoji4] On the photo, she is also named „Jeannie“ (guess it‘s a yearbook photo?).

So, Allen is really not a middle name as you already noted earlier. [emoji4] On the photo, she is also named „Jeannie“ (guess it‘s a yearbook photo?).

Yes, I noticed that they are using it as a hyphen last name. I think she must have married someone with the last name Allen but I cannot find any marriage record for that name and I cannot find what happened to Mr. Yang-- the man she married in 1983 either (not that we can sleuth him here but I can't find a divorce record, etc).

There are many different spellings of her first name:
Jeanette
Jeannie
Jeanne
Jean

Also Allen is alternatively spelled "Alen" with one L in the Mylife link. I was hoping I could figure out what school that yearbook photo came from and find more photos of Jean but I'm not finding it on Ancestry and I don't have any of the yearbook website subscriptions.

BTW, both of Jean's parents appear to be alive and still together and I think she has a sister as well. (Hope that is okay to say, I'm not going to sleuth them or reveal anything else I found here). But they are running out of time to find out what happened to their daughter. :( Hope this one gets solved soon.

Nice sleuthing guys!

So she was reported by her father.

Was the family or law enforcement ever able to locate the husband?

Sent using Tapatalk

They haven't released any info about her husband(s) so we are just speculating at this point. I hope they have released this new press update because they have a break in the case but it may just be that her parents brought it up again with police after all these years. Something about this LE Release reminds me of when they released Denise Beaudin's info. They didn't say much about her circumstances at first even though they had a lot more info on the man Denise left with. So far we don't know anything about Jean's life circumstances-- where she was living, who she was living with, when the last time she was seen or who saw her. We don't know if she had a job or any children either. LE left it very vague for some reason. I hope a journalist will do some interviews and find out more or LE will release more info on why they suspect homicide.

They haven't released any info about her husband(s) so we are just speculating at this point. I hope they have released this new press update because they have a break in the case but it may just be that her parents brought it up again with police after all these years. Something about this LE Release reminds me of when they released Denise Beaudin's info. They didn't say much about her circumstances at first even though they had a lot more info on the man Denise left with. So far we don't know anything about Jean's life circumstances-- where she was living, who she was living with, when the last time she was seen or who saw her. We don't know if she had a job or any children either. LE left it very vague for some reason. I hope a journalist will do some interviews and find out more or LE will release more info on why they suspect homicide.

Thank you for catching me up to speed! Very exciting, I hope they have information as you speculated that could crack this case wide open!

I don't see her in NAMUS. I agree this seems similar to Denise Beaudin.

The Renton, WA address really caught my attention and gave me a theory. Unfortunately a lot of adults reported missing in the 1980's were not taken seriously or filed as a missing case at the time they were actually missing. This is just speculation, but if she was thought to have moved across the country, then it may not have been looked into too closely at the time. I hope we get more details in this case.

Update on the above BBM. I did some more digging and found the Jeanette who lived in Renton, WA has a different birthdate associated with her name in other records. Very likely that she is NOT our gal. This may mean the MA addresses are not her as well (but I haven't run those down yet). Sorry for the false lead. I should have dug more before posting but those addresses popped up as "Ancestry suggestions" possibly connected to the marriage license. Suggestions don't always mean it's the same person and are usually based on which records others searching have viewed on Ancestry. Sorry! :facepalm:

I'm seeing that she was married to a John Allen, I'm not seeing the adoptive last name anywhere?

Oh, oops! Then disregard my earlier speculation. Too bad that is a very common name but I will see if I can find any more of her records under the name Allen (if you found them already please post, thanks!)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back