932 users online (246 members and 686 guests)  

Brush used to test the fingerprints on the bread knife questioned????

Hello all-

I have followed Darlies case for several years and in all of these years I have never heard anything about the brush that was used in dusting the bread knife for fingerprints. I found this video last night and was wondering everyone's opinion on what is said at the 26:45 minute mark. https://youtu.be/wPwHawRkilI

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferTx View Post
    Hello all-

I have followed Darlies case for several years and in all of these years I have never heard anything about the brush that was used in dusting the bread knife for fingerprints. I found this video last night and was wondering everyone's opinion on what is said at the 26:45 minute mark. https://youtu.be/wPwHawRkilI
    Both the prosecution and the defense questioned Linch regarding the possibility that the fibers on the bread knife were actually from Charles Hamilton’s fingerprint brush.
    Davis: Fingerprint brushes, are they also made of fiberglass?
    Linch: Yes, they are.
    Davis: Did you obtain a fiberglass brush from Rowlett?
    Linch: Yes, from Officer Hamilton.
    Davis: Alright, did you compare the fiberglass that made up his fingerprint brush with the fiberglass that you found on the knife blade and screen also?
    Linch: Yes, I did. The fiberglass rods that make up these fingerprint brushes are much bigger than the rods that make up the screen. So they are very, very different.
    (Charles Linch, Sec. 3038-3039)