GUILTY FL - Amelia Sookdeo, 17, burned alive, Ocoee, 25 Feb 2006

aussiegran

Reaction score
A 20-year-old man in Ocoee, Fla., was charged with murder after he confessed to pouring gasoline over his ex-girlfriend and then setting her on fire because she may have been pregnant, police told Local 6 News.

Winter Garden police officers investigating a report of a car fire noticed a small fire on the east side of County Road 545 on Feb. 25.

When officers extinguished the flames, they found the body of Amelia Sookdeo, 17, burned beyond recognition.

Sookdeo was reported missing by her mother earlier the same day after she left her home through a window without her parents' knowledge.

An investigation into the homicide led to Sookdeo's ex-boyfriend, Dane Abdool, 20, who at first denied any involvement in the crime, according to the report.
However, when police confronted him with inconsistencies in his story and presented a set of tire marks from his car photographed at the scene, Abdool confessed to the crime, Local 6 News reported.

"He admitted that he had met his former girlfriend that night, she sneaked out and he picked her up and went to his apartment in Ocoee," Winter Garden Police Chief George Brennan said. "From there they left and had an argument and he took her down County Road 545, forced her out of the car. He poured gasoline on her and ignited it."

Abdool told police that he was arguing with Sookdeo over her possible pregnancy and he was just trying to scare her, Local 6 News reported.

"The medical examiner found no evidence that she was having a baby," Local 6 reporter Mike DeForest said.

Duct tape was found at the scene, along with gloves to which Abdool would have had access to at his work, police said.
http://www.local6.com/news/7634418/detail.html
:( this poor girl must have suffered terribly before she died .
this needs DP

OMG, that is so awful. That poor girl.
frown.gif

OMG!! How absolutely horrible!! What in the world???? :banghead: :banghead:

aussiegran said:
A 20-year-old man in Ocoee, Fla., was charged with murder after he confessed to pouring gasoline over his ex-girlfriend and then setting her on fire because she may have been pregnant, police told Local 6 News.

Winter Garden police officers investigating a report of a car fire noticed a small fire on the east side of County Road 545 on Feb. 25.

When officers extinguished the flames, they found the body of Amelia Sookdeo, 17, burned beyond recognition.

Sookdeo was reported missing by her mother earlier the same day after she left her home through a window without her parents' knowledge.

An investigation into the homicide led to Sookdeo's ex-boyfriend, Dane Abdool, 20, who at first denied any involvement in the crime, according to the report.
However, when police confronted him with inconsistencies in his story and presented a set of tire marks from his car photographed at the scene, Abdool confessed to the crime, Local 6 News reported.

"He admitted that he had met his former girlfriend that night, she sneaked out and he picked her up and went to his apartment in Ocoee," Winter Garden Police Chief George Brennan said. "From there they left and had an argument and he took her down County Road 545, forced her out of the car. He poured gasoline on her and ignited it."

Abdool told police that he was arguing with Sookdeo over her possible pregnancy and he was just trying to scare her, Local 6 News reported.

"The medical examiner found no evidence that she was having a baby," Local 6 reporter Mike DeForest said.

Duct tape was found at the scene, along with gloves to which Abdool would have had access to at his work, police said.
http://www.local6.com/news/7634418/detail.html
:( this poor girl must have suffered terribly before she died .
this needs DP

he should be placed in the same car...and the same thing done to him--------

Being burned alive would probably be the most painful death. Worse than having your eyes cut out or your body parts cut off, if you think about it. It's the sickest way to suffer in my eyes. Skin burning soo painful and just dripping off of you...ugh it is sad to think about.

This guy should be set on fire and left to suffer like she did..:furious:

Ocoee is the same town that Jennifer Kesse works. I hope they look into this monsters other activities.

I am with you Wild Angel what a sad excuse for a human being.Does anybody know Why? He did this deplorable thing? Hope they are really giving him a hard time .Pregnancy is not a reason to kill.What is wrong with these people? Maybe he was hyped up on Crack or something.Deplorable crime but seem to be becoming really common everywhere.

kazzbar said:
I am with you Wild Angel what a sad excuse for a human being.Does anybody know Why? He did this deplorable thing? Hope they are really giving him a hard time .Pregnancy is not a reason to kill.What is wrong with these people? Maybe he was hyped up on Crack or something.Deplorable crime but seem to be becoming really common everywhere.
Welcome to W/S kazzbar
Your right these type crimes seem to be on the increase everywhere.

The horror just goes on and on. That poor girl and she wasn't even pregnant.
He was only trying to scare her :furious: What in the world did the jerk think would happen once he threw that match??? I wonder if he stood and watched her burn. Her poor family having to live with this image in their minds.

There is nothing that they could do to this guy that would be painful enough. He will probably be another one that won't get the needle because it would be TO PAINFUL.

What a filthy puke.......no death is more painful then burns!

If she wouldn't of died she'd of had to of lived totally disfigured all her life. Simply because he thought she might be pregnant!
They need to start castrating these miserable SOB's.....as taxpayers we should not have to support these miserable excuses for human beings.

Now he gets to sit in jail / folks go running to see him / he gets 3 square meals a day & may not get the needle because its to painful. Forget her horrible death!!!

I think they need to hire us here at WS I'd have no problem inserting that needle!

Could not agree more. A needle to painful......!:waitasec:

Ugh what a did he not hear of abortions? Or putting up the baby for adoption. This guy needs the death penalty asap.

Being burned alive would probably be the most painful death. Worse than having your eyes cut out or your body parts cut off, if you think about it. It's the sickest way to suffer in my eyes. Skin burning soo painful and just dripping off of you...ugh it is sad to think about.

This guy should be set on fire and left to suffer like she did..:furious:

If it is any consolation, according to my BIL who suffered horrible burns, the body quickly goes into shock when burning, and no pain is felt at all. He said the pain came later, during recovery. I hope and pray this young girl's body was as kind to her as BIL's was to him.

Once again, I need to ask, what the heck is wrong with people???

I hope I never ever have a daughter.

What a horrible thing to say! Have several daughters and raise them to be strong upstanding women!
I believe you stated in previous posts that you are a father, if so, daughters often look at how their fathers treat their mothers and think that is how a man treats a woman. Be loving and honest with your wife, be respectful to her and your daughters will follow your lead when looking for mates.

I have 3 daughters (trying to adopt number 4) and they are being raised as strong independent women who are secure in themselves and their own power over themselves. They are smart enough to see the ugliness in some men and have often called those men out as being the swine they are.
Obviously I am proud of them! LOL.

Condoms are cheaper!

Pixie, you are so right! He was probably a slimeball who refused to put one on since he didn't want to go get any or thought he would have less of a whoopee if he was wearing one. He needs the death penalty right quick!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdward01
Back