Prince Philip aged 96 is in hospital for surgery

gregjrichards

Reaction score
“Prince Philip has been admitted to hospital ahead of a planned hip operation taking place tomorrow.

Buckingham Palace said that he was in the King Edward VII Hospital in London before surgery on Wednesday.

It came after the Duke of Edinburgh missed his third engagement in just 10 days when he pulled out of the Royal's Easter church service on Sunday.

A statement from Buckingham Palace said: "His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to King Edward VII Hospital in London this afternoon, for planned surgery on his hip which will take place tomorrow.

"Further updates will be issued when appropriate."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...itted-hospital-surgery-hip.html#ixzz5BcjhyDQG

I hope the surgery goes well and Prince Philip recovers.

Prince Philip admitted to hospital for planned surgery
Duke of Edinburgh to undergo hip surgery

LONDON (CNN) - Prince Philip, the 96-year-old husband of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, has been admitted to a London hospital, a royal spokesman said in a statement Tuesday.

The Duke of Edinburgh will undergo planned surgery on his hip at King Edward VII Hospital on Wednesday...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...llip-admitted-to-hospital-for-planned-surgery

Must be serious! Old as he is. Must remeber him in our prayers.

Must be serious! Old as he is. Must remeber him in our prayers.

It is concerning. I’ve had elderly relatives who have had a hip problem and never recovered from it and sadly they passed away quite quickly. Prince Philip will get the best care possible so hopefully he will be ok.

Sadly I don’t think Prince Philip will be well enough to be at Harry and Meghan’s wedding.

It is concerning. I’ve had elderly relatives who have had a hip problem and never recovered from it and sadly they passed away quite quickly. Prince Philip will get the best care possible so hopefully he will be ok.

Sadly I don’t think Prince Philip will be well enough to be at Harry and Meghan’s wedding.

Oh, dear. I really hate to see this. Praying he rallies and can attend the wedding!

Thoughts, prayers, and best wishes to Prince Philip for safe, successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Thoughts, prayers, and best wishes to Prince Philip for safe, successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Thank you for your good wishes. Prince Philip and the Queen are very highly regarded in the U.K and around the world I hope they are both around as long as possible.

Wishing him a speedy recovery. Most worrisome at his age for sure. Yes he has 2 happy occasions ahead. Birth this month of another Great Grandchild and the May Wedding.

The surgeon quoted in the Daily Mail article said that hip surgery can be quite effective for pain relief even for someone of the prince’s age. The mother of a friend had both hips replaced in her 90’s and lived to over 100. Prince Phillip will receive excellent care, and barring an unforeseen complication, I won’t be surprised to see him at the wedding.

The surgeon quoted in the Daily Mail article said that hip surgery can be quite effective for pain relief even for someone of the prince’s age. The mother of a friend had both hips replaced in her 90’s and lived to over 100. Prince Phillip will receive excellent care, and barring an unforeseen complication, I won’t be surprised to see him at the wedding.

Glad to hear of successful surgeries. I hope Prince Philip will be at there even if just for the ceremony.

Prince Philip Admitted to Hospital for Hip Surgery
Samantha Schnurr, EONLINE / 3:31 pm ET Tue Apr 03, 2018

...Queen Elizabeth II's husband seemed to be experiencing health problems when he pulled out of an annual pre-Easter church service last Thursday, reportedly because of an issue with his hip. Prince Philip, who announced his retirement from royal duties last May, was expected to make a rare public appearance at the Royal Maundy Service at Windsor Castle's St. George's Chapel and then attend a reception and lunch. His 91-year-old wife ultimately attended the event without him...

https://my.xfinity.com/articles/ent...Admitt-4cfe?cid=featureden_media_princephilip

I will hope for the best, at 96 years old no surgery is easy.

I'm pleased to report Prince Philip's surgery was successful and he is resting comfortably. He will be in hospital for a few days.

“The Duke of Edinburgh has left hospital today, following a successful hip replacement operation last week.

Prince Philip was taken to the private King Edward VII hospital in central London, for surgery to replace his joint with a prosthetic implant.

He was admitted on Tuesday, April 3 and underwent the planned procedure the following day.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nne-recovers-hip-operation.html#ixzz5Cbehqgti

C0DC0F73-F07C-4FFB-8882-99A1672F1012.jpeg

I wonder if there is anyone else still in or close to government anywhere in the world who was on active service during WWII.

Bush Senior?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back