CA CA - Marjorie Linehan, 49, Sacramento, Oct 1982

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Photo of MP circa 1971

Marjorie Joan Linehan
Nickname/Alias Marge
Sacramento County, California
49 year old white female

Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)
120.0 to 140.0

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue; beautiful

Lenihan was last heard from about October 1982. The circumstances of her disappearance are unknown.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14899/

Linehan may use the last names Daniels and/or Hartman.
[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Linehan was last seen in Sacramento, California sometime in October 1982. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

http://charleyproject.org/case/marjorie-joan-linehan

I am exploring the idea that women who went missing in the 1980's in California could have been possible victims of Joseph James Deangelo, the "Golden State Killer", who was identified today. Marjorie came up in NAMUS but so far I'm not having much success finding anything else on her.

• linehan_marjorie.jpg
Linehan, circa 1971 (approximately eleven years prior to her disappearance; more recent photos are unavailable)
  • Missing Since 10/01/1982
  • Missing From Sacramento, California
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 10/28/1932 (90)
  • Age 49 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 125 pounds

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Linehan may use the last names Daniels and/or Hartman.

Details of Disappearance​

Linehan was last seen in Sacramento, California sometime in October 1982. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency​

• Sacramento County Sheriff's Department 916-874-5467

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 15, 2018; casefile added.

Case Photo

MISSING

Demographics​

Missing Age 49 Years
Current Age 90 Years
First Name Marjorie
Middle Name Joan
Last Name Linehan
Nickname/Alias Marge

Sex Female
Height 5' 4" (64 Inches)
Weight 120 - 140 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Circumstances​

Date of Last Contact October 1, 1982
NamUs Case Created June 4, 2012

Last Known Location Map

Location Sacramento, California 95821
County Sacramento County
Missing From Tribal Land--
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance Lenihan was last heard from about October 1982. The circumstances of her disappearance are unknown.

Circumstance Notes​

MP is a voluntary missing person, circumstances surrounding last known are uncertain.

Physical Description​

Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color Blue
Right Eye Color Blue
Eye Description beautiful

I have to laugh at the eye description, "beautiful"!

I'm a total amateur at this stuff, but I can't help but wonder if Marjorie could be a potential match to the Vernon County Jane Doe in WI. Although the one photo we have of Marjorie is 11 years before her disappearance, I really see similarities to the colorized Vernon county doe reconstruction. The nose looks identical, they have the same hair and eye colors, a similar face shape, and very close height estimates. Investigators believe that the doe spent time in AZ, NM, or the southwest region prior to her death which is close to where Marjorie is missing from in CA. Her NamUs page notes that she is a "voluntary missing person", so could she have lived those 2 years in the region and then somehow ended up in Wisconsin? As for the dentures and abdominal scar on the doe, the lack of any information on Marjorie makes it hard to know if those details would be consistent with her being a match.

Original-13.jpegScreen Shot 2023-11-11 at 6.32.51 PM.png

Vernon County Jane Doe link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back