CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Search for 3 children underway in Mendocino crash that killed 5 family members from Washington

Authorities are searching along a remote stretch of the northern Mendocino Coast for three children who are feared missing after a crash earlier this week killed their two mothers and three siblings.
211db9335452089e6bf9655d1f8711be.jpg

Jennifer Jean Hart (fifth from left), Sarah Margaret Hart (far right) and their six children at a Bernie Sanders rally in Portland, Oregon, Friday, March 25, 206. (Photo via KATU)

[...]

Jennifer Jean Hart and Sarah Margaret Hart, both 38 and married, and their six adopted children were from Woodland, Washington, across the Oregon border from Portland.

The Mendocino County Coroner’s Office early Wednesday afternoon identified the children as Markis Hart, 19, Jeremiah Hart, 14, and Abigail Hart, 14.

Still missing are Devonte Hart, 15, Hannah Hart, 16, and Sierra Hart, 12, according to officials.

A receptionist at the Cowlitz County office for the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services confirmed Child Protective Services has an open case filed against a 38-year-old Jennifer Hart, of Woodland. A first check‑in date for the case was listed as Friday, she said. No other information was available about the case.

A sheriff’s spokesman from neighboring Clark County in Washington said that child protective services officials had visited the home Friday but no one had answered, The Oregonian reported Wednesday.

The three deceased children were found Monday down the cliffs off Highway 1, where they were thrown from the family GMC Yukon SUV. The two women were found in the vehicle, which was overturned at the base of the cliff and partially submerged in the surf.

Three other children were considered missing and were the focus of a large search that started Tuesday. On Wednesday, it included ground and air resources, according to the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office.

The water is too rough for divers, who were on hold until conditions improve, said Mendocino County sheriff’s Lt. Shannon Barney.

“I have three outstanding, unaccounted for,” Barney said. “We have checked their home residence and they are not there. They may be with friends or relatives,” but he said they have no information to confirm that case.

[...]

The vehicle was traveling on Highway 1 north of Westport when driver Jennifer Hart pulled into a dirt turnout, and for reasons unknown the Yukon careened over a 100-foot cliff, according to the CHP. It’s unclear when the crash occurred and some time could have passed before the wreckage was spotted by a passerby around 3:39 p.m. Monday, the CHP said.

The mothers were wearing seat belts but the children were not, officials said.

An hourslong recovery continued past dark and drew multiple agencies to the remote scene around 20 miles north of Fort Bragg.

Firefighters rappelled down the cliff to reach the partially submerged car, said CHP Officer Brian Henderson on Monday, who is part of a helicopter crew from the agency’s Northern Division Air Operations base in Redding that participated in the recovery.

Article: http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/8163127-181/chp-names-2-adults-in

Thread #1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 5.49.02 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 5.49.02 PM.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 5.49.16 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 5.49.16 PM.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 146
http://www.kgw.com/article/news/loc...r-parents-siblings-die-in-crash/283-532846123

Devonte Hart is the boy who was pictured hugging a police officer during a Ferguson-related rally in Portland, OR in 2014. (That's Jennifer Hart in the background in the red coat).

cache.php

"The Clark County Sheriff's Office said Child Protective Services visited the Harts' home on Friday, March 23. CPS had received report that the children were not being fed.

Jennifer Hart was driving the SUV into a dirt turnout area and continued for unknown reasons off the cliff, according to the California Highway Patrol. The cause of the crash is under investigation. Drugs or alcohol are not believed to be factors."

Has anyone been able to find pics of the turnout area? I just... just hope it wasn't intentional... (ugh sorry to go there).

I'm very concerned about Hannah, Devonte and Sierra... surely two days later they'd have come forward if they were elsewhere?
:(

California crash that killed Hart family may have been intentional, authorities say

"At this time, three children are still missing and could be in the ocean," a California Highway Patrol officer said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...y-believed-authorities-be-intentional-n861876

Almost one week after an SUV carrying Devonte Hart's family plunged off a cliff in California's Mendocino County, authorities said Sunday night that the vehicle came to a full stop before accelerating off the cliff.

Authorities said that based on the absence of skid marks, data from air bag controllers and other information, which they wouldn't immediately disclose, they believed for now that the crash may have been intentional. But they said Sunday night that no suicide note had been found.

bbm

Please continue discussion here.

I've had to take a break from this case for a few days because it was getting confusing as to what the actual facts were vs what posters were speculating. I'm also a little uncomfortable at some of the conclusions that are being drawn in regards to to race. (Non-Caucasian, older children are traditionally the most difficult to find adoptive parents for. While it is certainly possible that the mothers had some kind of "white savior" complex, it is JUST as likely that they adopted African American children because they simply wanted to provide a home for children that might have otherwise not found a permanent home. I've been through the adoption process. In the very beginning we were told that if we wanted a "occasion infant" then we'd have to wait several years. If we were willing to adopt an African American toddler, especially if there was a developmental issue or physical impairment present, then the process would be much quicker. Although we ultimately did not go through the process, we were definitely leaning towards an African American toddler because we were interested in providing a home for someone who'd been waiting longer.)

Where I live, there are many families who live off the grid and are almost "clannish." People actually move to my part of the state to set up farms and go offline. My household doesn't have a telephone, although we have internet because I do a lot of online work. We're also a little "crunchy" and we do the protests, family events, festivals, etc. with our kids. (Someone a few pages back referred to this as being "new age" and used that phrase in a negative manner.) So none of that is weird to me.

I'm not real big on calling this "another Turpin family" case. There are big differences between the families. For starters, the Hart children were adopted and their small statures/sizes could very well stem from problems they faced inutero or as infants. (Young children diagnosed with "failure to thrive" often have trouble catching up with other children their age in terms of development.)

Re: the burning of the cross in the yard. Posters were saying that it probably didn't happen because it would have made the news. Not necessarily. There was a Klan meeting about an hour away from me last year and a cross was burned in a yard of an African American family. Although the family took video footage of it and shared it on their social media, not even the local paper reported.

The Turpins went out of their way, it seems, to ensure that their children were cut off from the world. They were isolated from just about everyone. The Harts, however, were very sociable. Although we have no way of knowing what went on behind closed doors with the Harts, there were people in their lives who spent time with the children and the mothers.

I understand the comparisons between the two families but I think it serves either in reducing them to simply being the same. There are nuances, important ones, that set them apart.

The fact is, we don't have a lot of facts about this case. A good portion of the information has come from the next door neighbors. All we have, for instance, are the neighbors saying that the children were malnourished. Unlike in the Turpin case, we haven't heard any of the children's doctors, or even a coroner's report, corroborate this.

Something terrible clearly happened here. I don't believe it was accidental; I do think it was intentional. I think it's important not to let speculation become facts, however. We don't know that either parent had a narcissistic personality disorder, we don't know that there was anything nefarious in their adopting of ethnic children, we don't really even know to what extent they were "isolating" the children. I'm just trying to gather more information from official sources before I reach any firm conclusions.
Good post! And we either live in similar areas or we're nearly neighbors lol. NOT doxxing, just relating :)

Eta on account of yikes autocorrect not good!

I guess I'm not getting that they don't know who was driving....? Jen was driving and Sarah was thrown in the back on the way down.

Characteristics of family killers revealed: The male dominated crime most common in August

"The clearest unifying factor is that this is overwhelmingly a male crime. While 71 family annihilators were identified, 59 were male," said Professor Wilson. "We also found that the rate at which this type of crime is being committed has increased, with the first decade of the 21st century claiming over half of all cases."

Family breakup was the most common cause, accounting for 66% of cases, although this included related domestic issues such as access to children. Financial difficulties were the second most commonly cited motive; followed by honour killing and mental illness.

<modsnip>

I've had to take a break from this case for a few days because it was getting confusing as to what the actual facts were vs what posters were speculating. I'm also a little uncomfortable at some of the conclusions that are being drawn in regards to to race. (Non-Caucasian, older children are traditionally the most difficult to find adoptive parents for. While it is certainly possible that the mothers had some kind of "white savior" complex, it is JUST as likely that they adopted African American children because they simply wanted to provide a home for children that might have otherwise not found a permanent home. I've been through the adoption process. In the very beginning we were told that if we wanted a "occasion infant" then we'd have to wait several years. If we were willing to adopt an African American toddler, especially if there was a developmental issue or physical impairment present, then the process would be much quicker. Although we ultimately did not go through the process, we were definitely leaning towards an African American toddler because we were interested in providing a home for someone who'd been waiting longer.)

Where I live, there are many families who live off the grid and are almost "clannish." People actually move to my part of the state to set up farms and go offline. My household doesn't have a telephone, although we have internet because I do a lot of online work. We're also a little "crunchy" and we do the protests, family events, festivals, etc. with our kids. (Someone a few pages back referred to this as being "new age" and used that phrase in a negative manner.) So none of that is weird to me.

I'm not real big on calling this "another Turpin family" case. There are big differences between the families. For starters, the Hart children were adopted and their small statures/sizes could very well stem from problems they faced inutero or as infants. (Young children diagnosed with "failure to thrive" often have trouble catching up with other children their age in terms of development.)

Re: the burning of the cross in the yard. Posters were saying that it probably didn't happen because it would have made the news. Not necessarily. There was a Klan meeting about an hour away from me last year and a cross was burned in a yard of an African American family. Although the family took video footage of it and shared it on their social media, not even the local paper reported.

The Turpins went out of their way, it seems, to ensure that their children were cut off from the world. They were isolated from just about everyone. The Harts, however, were very sociable. Although we have no way of knowing what went on behind closed doors with the Harts, there were people in their lives who spent time with the children and the mothers.

I understand the comparisons between the two families but I think it serves either in reducing them to simply being the same. There are nuances, important ones, that set them apart.

The fact is, we don't have a lot of facts about this case. A good portion of the information has come from the next door neighbors. All we have, for instance, are the neighbors saying that the children were malnourished. Unlike in the Turpin case, we haven't heard any of the children's doctors, or even a coroner's report, corroborate this.

Something terrible clearly happened here. I don't believe it was accidental; I do think it was intentional. I think it's important not to let speculation become facts, however. We don't know that either parent had a narcissistic personality disorder, we don't know that there was anything nefarious in their adopting of ethnic children, we don't really even know to what extent they were "isolating" the children. I'm just trying to gather more information from official sources before I reach any firm conclusions.

Let me thank you for this insightful and well-reasoned post.

BREAKING: Police release surveillance image, travel route of Devonte Hart family before fatal SUV plunge
http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/04/...-devonte-hart-family-before-fatal-suv-plunge/
584badf7f6c61e5eb932435e21a3d13e.jpg

The California Highway Patrol has released a surveillance image of a woman believed to be Jennifer Hart, along with new information about the family’s movements in the days before their SUV went off a cliff into the Pacific Ocean in Mendocino County, California.

[...]

http://katu.com/news/local/jennifer...t-bragg-large-search-for-missing-kids-planned

Below is a timeline of events leading up to the crash from CHP investigators:

Family in the Newport, Oregon area around 8:15 a.m. on Saturday, March 24
Travels south along Highway 101 to State Route 1 in Legget, California
SUV continues south on SR-1 until they reach Fort Bragg about 8 p.m. Saturday, March 24
Family stays in the Fort Bragg and Cleone areas until about 9 p.m. Sunday, March 25

Bananas and what is beside them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But you are leaving out that their are documented facts about the severe bruising so bad that one mom had to plead guilty.

IMO the child welfare system needs to be made federal or otherwise related and relayed between states. Too many times I've heard and seen families who get called to CPS and boom they move to Florida the next day (we asked the neighbors because many of the families lived in crowded apartment complexes and knew each others' intimate business). Or on the flip side, we would have a kid move from Florida and then we'd quickly have concerns about possible abuse. I'm not being rude about Florida. Of course families moved to other states, too, but this was in Oregon, which is practically as far away from Florida as one can get in the 48, and it happened enough times to be notable. Point being, I even had parents tell me, "you (school) called CPS on us, dueces, we out," and unless it had gotten into the criminal system, there wasn't anything "following" them, so to speak. So frustrating.

Family breakup was the most common cause, accounting for 66% of cases, although this included related domestic issues such as access to children. Financial difficulties were the second most commonly cited motive; followed by honour killing and mental illness.
This is why I think Sarah likely told Jenn, on that cliff, that it was over and she was leaving her and taking the kids.
That was likely the catalyst that caused the psychotic break.
Just one of the scenarios I’ve imagined.

Fort Bragg is south of the Juan Creek Bridge.
I thought they were going south but they turned around and headed back north, if they were in Fort Bragg.

Nevermind me. I must have spaced out while reading the article.

Fort Bragg is south of the Juan Creek Bridge.
I thought they were going south but they turned around and heading back north, if they were in Fort Bragg.

The most sinister explanation for this is that the driver knew fully well what she planned to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks