Get Poo at the Zoo

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Get your poo at the Detroit Zoo
Associated Press

Royal Oak – Some visitors to the Detroit Zoo will soon be able to add animal droppings to their souvenir list.

Free buckets of 5 pounds of animal manure, dubbed Detroit Zoo Poo, will be handed out on April 14 as part of the zoo’s GreenFest celebration. The event precedes Earth Day and will showcase how the zoo recycles waste...

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...2018/04/03/detroit-zoo-poo-giveaway/33519439/

I only opened this thread because it was you BDE, so I knew it's be the wonderful Detroit Zoo. So many great zoo memories and photographs I have... I still have an orange plastic elephant key! This is really cool what they are doing too - lots of schools focused on earth issues like recycling, etc. these days. It will certainly get some interesting conversations going IMO!

I only opened this thread because it was you BDE, so I knew it's be the wonderful Detroit Zoo. So many great zoo memories and photographs I have... I still have an orange plastic elephant key! This is really cool what they are doing too - lots of schools focused on earth issues like recycling, etc. these days. It will certainly get some interesting conversations going IMO!

:tyou: Was that the key used for listening to information recordings about different animals? I remember something like that from childhood visits to the zoo.

Our Zoo Poo is as valuable as gold to gardeners here. I think it’s sold to trade only as it’s so highly sought after by our Botanical and commercial gardens.

We recently had cards that had information about our animal and bird and activated the sounds of the calls via a strip run through a small plastic ‘swipe’ machine. The cards were given away(?) by a large supermarket chain and you could buy the machine and an album to keep your cards in quite cheaply. My grandkids loved them when they were little. I thought it was a great idea — for kids and for the environment. Much better than promoting already high-grossing Hollywood films and their equally highly profitable merchandise.

:tyou: Was that the key used for listening to information recordings about different animals? I remember something like that from childhood visits to the zoo.

Yes, exactly that! I figured YOU would know exactly what that little key was all about! Follow the elephant footprints... use the elephant key to listen to the recordings... ahh, so fun!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back