Connecting Dots: Frank Osellanie and missing women/children and murder victims

Jfarrell555

Reaction score
I live in Scranton and was born on December 7, 1978... the night Joanne Williams was last seen. When I was 11 years old, a man who I vaguely knew (a neighbor) tried to abduct me but I luckily got away. He stalked me for 2-3 years before attempting my abduction on my way home from the bus stop. I consider myself blessed... and am very interested in seeking answers/justice for those who did not survive.

Truly I believe that Frank Osellanie abducted, raped and murdered Joanne Williams and Jolene Lakey (as well as others). He had a garage 1.5 blocks away from her apartment on E Gibson Street at the time. Frank is a sadistic killer who would rape and beat his victims to death with his hands and enjoyed the control/torture. His type of murderer profile leads me to believe he never killed or buried/hid his victims remains on his own property...but rather off his properties. He’s intelligent (most mechanics are) and asocial which means he thinks he’s smarter than everyone, and is a loner at heart, but can be very charming, easily sweet talk victims and socialize with the best of them if it suits his needs. He is not a random killer, but a methodical planned killer who fantasizes about the kidnap/killing before he does it. He’s the type who comes prepared... as in the case of Renee Waddle (9 year old he was convicted of kidnapping, raping and murdering... and Laureen Finn (who he is a “person of interest” and whose body was found at 430 Monroe Ave Scranton, about 8 blocks from his residence at the time, 1316 Vine St, Scranton). For killers like this, there are 3 crime scenes: 1) the place where the victim was kidnapped, 2) the place where they were murdered, and 3) the place were their bodies are disposed.

The bodies of both victims were burned with Coleman Fuel/Paint Thinner combo. Laureen left a party on Quincy Ave at approximately 3am and Laureen’s body was found approximately at 4:30am about 1-2 blocks from the party. Who other than Frank, “a night owl” would happen to carry Coleman Fuel on him at 4:30am. Not many murderers are capable of beating women and children to death. Both Lauren and Renee had massive head trauma and other broken bones. Laureen had broken ribs and a fractured collarbone. Interesting note: Laureen was a college student while living in Scranton, but she was from Elizabethtown NJ area. Frank frequented a Racetrack in New Jersey where Laureen worked as a waitress in the concession stand. I believe she caught his attention there. He may have struck up conversation... found out she lived in hill section while at school and made her one of his fantasy kills. I became aware of another woman who was living in the Hill Section of Scranton and who Frank was stalking at the same time as Laureen’s murder (1987). This woman had moved out of Scranton and recently passed away; however, before she passed away, she recalled how afraid she was of him even though when she met him he was charming.

For those who don’t understand sadistic predators, it’s important to understand that these type of twisted individuals don’t have an age preference... they will victimize anyone who they can gain control. I work at a Child abuse intervention center... many kids who are raped are not raped by pedophiles (who technically can only be classified that way if a specific child age range and gender is their only attraction), but rather by sadistic manipulative people who enjoy control over powerless people and children. Don’t get confused.

Coincidentally, no other rapes/murders/abductions that could compare to these cases have occurred in the hill section since Frank has been in prison.

Frank also traveled quite a bit around the tri-state area to car shows, racetracks, campgrounds/boating venues...and was an avid fan of diners. I believe he also killed the woman missing since 1982 who was last seen talking in the parking lot (approximately 10pm) at the diner that she worked at with her mom. The sketch of the man bares a chilling resemblance to how Frank looked in 1982.

Frank has always denied any connection or involvement with these murders/missing women and children. Frank will remain in prison for the rest of his life. A friend of mine who is a detective tried to interview him one last time this past year but he has severe dementia at this point and his health is very poor. He’s not expected to live much longer.

This year marks the 40th anniversary of Joanne being a missing person. Wishing we can get some answers for Joanne, Jolene and the other possible victims who are still missing.

attachment.php
This is the sketch of last man to be seen speaking with Michelle (who disappeared after talking with him in the parking lot). Her mother also worked at the diner with her and was the witness Who provided the details the sketch artist. Frank heavy another same diner shortly before her mother saw him in the parking lot talking to her daughter. The photo to the right is Frank O in 1990.

Attachments

• 8EF12A24-A53E-4122-9569-FFCE02DE4A94.jpg
    8EF12A24-A53E-4122-9569-FFCE02DE4A94.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 350
Maybe he befriended some of the inmates. Said something to them.
Sunglasses on his head is interesting.
Most men dont do that.
Was he known for wearing glasses on his head.
A family member or friend might recall.

I don't agree; lots of guys wear sunglasses on their heads. And you can't link someone to an offence because of something like that; it's of no investigative relevance, and to pursue someone based on that assertion sets a dangerous precedent, to say the least.

Also, I don't know if I agree with the linkage. It's hard to link possible homicides in an area, particularly when the victims are so different and when there is no identifiable remains. To me, any victim not found indicates a completely different disposal, so it would seem as though two different offenders are more likely. Especially if he had successfully disposed of Jolene without detection, why would he change this and start exposing victims when it could eventually assist in his identification? I mean, we've seen offenders change their MO in the past to be smarter and avoid detection, but not so often in the opposite. Unless, of course, he wanted that level of attention and 'shock' factor, but that would increase his risk of apprehension and being unable to continue offending.. Also, we have to take into account the differences in victim profiles. Yes, some people are predatory. Most aren't though. And most sex offenders do have a type - they don't put that much effort into stalking and fantasising about their victim without it meeting their needs.

I'm not sure if I understand any of this? Is there a link to any articles a​bout this case?

I'm new to the sight. I am from Hazleton, Pa. I believe I remember something about Jolene Lackey, abduction? It's been many years. Our area has seen its fair share of horror and tragedy. Can you possibly share a link to newspaper articles that would help refresh my memory? Thank you!

Child abuse charges

Attachments

• 23E070F5-EBF7-4C1F-A700-63835D93469B.jpeg
    23E070F5-EBF7-4C1F-A700-63835D93469B.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 38
  • A2A2FEA8-9E7C-4CA6-A468-503466CC6DD6.jpeg
    A2A2FEA8-9E7C-4CA6-A468-503466CC6DD6.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 45F2584F-08F1-44DF-9C62-4B1E5E715462.jpeg
    45F2584F-08F1-44DF-9C62-4B1E5E715462.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 397316CB-B162-4953-8CC3-71F32312B8BC.jpeg
    397316CB-B162-4953-8CC3-71F32312B8BC.jpeg
    401.9 KB · Views: 28
Something about all this strikes me, although I'm not familiar with any of this until I watched a video with info on Frank Osellanie, Renee Waddle and Jolene Lakey. During that time period, I made numerous trips up and down that road, driving to and from Massachusetts and Pennsylvania, from 1977 until 1997. I made many of those trips until 1981 alone. We made a habit over the years of stopping at the exit (I can't remember just now the number) where the Wyoming Valley Mall is located, as well as a Denny's, a McDonalds, and a Red Roof Inn. In the early days, I had a CB radio in the car, and would talk now and then with truckers and others that were on channel 19. (Anyone remember those?) In all this time, I've never heard of any of these cases that I'm aware of, but this whole chain of events is so malevolent.
Someone asked about news articles and Jfarrell was very forthcoming. Thank you. I also found information on Frank and several of the females quite easily, but not to the extent Jfarrell has. I'd like to keep in touch with this as it progresses. One thing I didn't catch. Were all of the bodies of the victims found? Thank you!

I live in Scranton and was born on December 7, 1978... the night Joanne Williams was last seen. When I was 11 years old, a man who I vaguely knew (a neighbor) tried to abduct me but I luckily got away. He stalked me for 2-3 years before attempting my abduction on my way home from the bus stop. I consider myself blessed... and am very interested in seeking answers/justice for those who did not survive.

Truly I believe that Frank Osellanie abducted, raped and murdered Joanne Williams and Jolene Lakey (as well as others). He had a garage 1.5 blocks away from her apartment on E Gibson Street at the time. Frank is a sadistic killer who would rape and beat his victims to death with his hands and enjoyed the control/torture. His type of murderer profile leads me to believe he never killed or buried/hid his victims remains on his own property...but rather off his properties. He’s intelligent (most mechanics are) and asocial which means he thinks he’s smarter than everyone, and is a loner at heart, but can be very charming, easily sweet talk victims and socialize with the best of them if it suits his needs. He is not a random killer, but a methodical planned killer who fantasizes about the kidnap/killing before he does it. He’s the type who comes prepared... as in the case of Renee Waddle (9 year old he was convicted of kidnapping, raping and murdering... and Laureen Finn (who he is a “person of interest” and whose body was found at 430 Monroe Ave Scranton, about 8 blocks from his residence at the time, 1316 Vine St, Scranton). For killers like this, there are 3 crime scenes: 1) the place where the victim was kidnapped, 2) the place where they were murdered, and 3) the place were their bodies are disposed.

The bodies of both victims were burned with Coleman Fuel/Paint Thinner combo. Laureen left a party on Quincy Ave at approximately 3am and Laureen’s body was found approximately at 4:30am about 1-2 blocks from the party. Who other than Frank, “a night owl” would happen to carry Coleman Fuel on him at 4:30am. Not many murderers are capable of beating women and children to death. Both Lauren and Renee had massive head trauma and other broken bones. Laureen had broken ribs and a fractured collarbone. Interesting note: Laureen was a college student while living in Scranton, but she was from Elizabethtown NJ area. Frank frequented a Racetrack in New Jersey where Laureen worked as a waitress in the concession stand. I believe she caught his attention there. He may have struck up conversation... found out she lived in hill section while at school and made her one of his fantasy kills. I became aware of another woman who was living in the Hill Section of Scranton and who Frank was stalking at the same time as Laureen’s murder (1987). This woman had moved out of Scranton and recently passed away; however, before she passed away, she recalled how afraid she was of him even though when she met him he was charming.

For those who don’t understand sadistic predators, it’s important to understand that these type of twisted individuals don’t have an age preference... they will victimize anyone who they can gain control. I work at a Child abuse intervention center... many kids who are raped are not raped by pedophiles (who technically can only be classified that way if a specific child age range and gender is their only attraction), but rather by sadistic manipulative people who enjoy control over powerless people and children. Don’t get confused.

Coincidentally, no other rapes/murders/abductions that could compare to these cases have occurred in the hill section since Frank has been in prison.

Frank also traveled quite a bit around the tri-state area to car shows, racetracks, campgrounds/boating venues...and was an avid fan of diners. I believe he also killed the woman missing since 1982 who was last seen talking in the parking lot (approximately 10pm) at the diner that she worked at with her mom. The sketch of the man bares a chilling resemblance to how Frank looked in 1982.

Frank has always denied any connection or involvement with these murders/missing women and children. Frank will remain in prison for the rest of his life. A friend of mine who is a detective tried to interview him one last time this past year but he has severe dementia at this point and his health is very poor. He’s not expected to live much longer.

This year marks the 40th anniversary of Joanne being a missing person. Wishing we can get some answers for Joanne, Jolene and the other possible victims who are still missing.

When I first started traveling, I was usually by myself, and I always stopped at a truck stop in Hamlin, in the Poconos. To think that I felt safer in a truck stop now seems insane. But, at the time, I didn't know better. The rest stops are no safer for a female traveling alone. Were most of these victims local to the area and not on the interstate? Not all truckers are bad, I'm not saying that.
You said 'coincidentally' but I don't see it as a coincidence at all. I'd say that's a major clue. I really want to look into this more. Do you plan to investigate further? Best Wishes.

Only two of the victims were found. Frank was a controlled killer. He would not commit murders or leave his victims remains on his own property. Many people working in our local law enforcement believe Frank is likely responsible for Joanne Williams and Jolene Lakey’s disappearance. In fact several people who were involved in the investigation/prosecution believe he is responsible for other missing women/girls in the region. He travelled often around the tri-state sarea. His sister lived within 20 miles of the Lanarch Diner where Shelley disappeared from in 1982. A few more details I have learned: Frank was also convicted of operating chop shops (steeling cars, breaking them up and selling parts). Shelley was driving her father’s car on the night she was last seen (leaving the diner). The car was never recovered either. In the 1970s, Frank lived in West side - not far from where Joanne’s car was found. I have obtained other details and have been in contact with an investigator.

Something about all this strikes me, although I'm not familiar with any of this until I watched a video with info on Frank Osellanie, Renee Waddle and Jolene Lakey. During that time period, I made numerous trips up and down that road, driving to and from Massachusetts and Pennsylvania, from 1977 until 1997. I made many of those trips until 1981 alone. We made a habit over the years of stopping at the exit (I can't remember just now the number) where the Wyoming Valley Mall is located, as well as a Denny's, a McDonalds, and a Red Roof Inn. In the early days, I had a CB radio in the car, and would talk now and then with truckers and others that were on channel 19. (Anyone remember those?) In all this time, I've never heard of any of these cases that I'm aware of, but this whole chain of events is so malevolent.
Someone asked about news articles and Jfarrell was very forthcoming. Thank you. I also found information on Frank and several of the females quite easily, but not to the extent Jfarrell has. I'd like to keep in touch with this as it progresses. One thing I didn't catch. Were all of the bodies of the victims found? Thank you!

I found the above sketch listed on the Charley Project as a composite sketch of a potential witness in the case of a young woman who disappeared from Upper Darby in 1982. The sketch was of a man who left the diner shortly before her and was spotted talking to her in the parking lot. Missing person's name is Shelley Diane Luty, in case anyone wants to cross reference this.

I've spotted mistakes and errors on the charley project here and there, just wanted to check on this?

Also: looking around on NamUs, I came across something that looked interesting. Location is a bit off, but circumstances raised my hackles. Check out NamUs case UP4778. Toledo, Ohio, 6/16/87. Jane Doe found wrapped in a pink blanket-type sheet and set on fire in an alley behind an auto parts store.

Thoughts, anyone?

Who are you thinking UP4778 might be? Joanne Williams? If so, I think the UID is far too tall as she was a tiny girl of barely 5', if I remember correctly.

There is a woman that Rodney Alcala photographed that I wondered about regarding Joanne, but upon closer observation, and based on when he was in the NYC area and her date of disappearance I don't think they lined up and I lost interest in that possible connection.

Regarding the sketch, it looks like the same sketch that was in the papers for Frank. It also looks like a lot of other people I know, unfortunately. Now that they are redoing the old Scranton Lace, I would have thought they had searched that area and if they found anything they would have announced it. I mean, it was within blocks of Michelle's home, Frank's shop, etc.

I have looked at 122UFNY a few times as possibly being Joanne, but I don't think she had that much dental work done. Then again, the few photos I have seen of her don't show her teeth and no mention anywhere (that I saw) of dental work, especially not gold foiling. But that type of situation the body was found in sounds like one of Frank's shenanigans from back in the day where he would supposedly leave vehicles abandoned all over.

Does anyone local know if his old house on Vine is still for sale and if that property has ever been searched? It is up by the University on the corner of Vine and..... Quincy? Irving? I can't remember.

I grew up (partially, my parents were divorced and I was only here the first three weekends of every month and all summer long) in the 700 block of North Rebecca Ave. and according to my father as kids my brother and I used to love camping in the backyard with a sheet draped over the clothes line. The back of our property faced Garfield Ave. and Cathedral Cemetery. Apparently, a few times when my father was outside checking on us, he said he could hear voices and maybe even digging sounds coming from the cemetery. Not sure if he meant the actual cemetery or the little cemeteries they have lined up along Garfield Ave. designated for either certain families, or churches, etc.

Sorry for the ramble, but you caught me in a moment. LOL

Edit: Oh, I wanted to address Charley Project errors. If you find anything really erroneous, you can always email Megan. She is very receptive and I have sent her a few things to check myself. I haven't seen anything major in awhile, just a few spelling or typing errors here any there.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire