Rescued blind circus elephant is welcomed by herd at elephant sanctuary

gregjrichards

Reaction score
“This is one heartwarming moment this blind elephant will never forget as she was welcomed into her new herd for the very first time.

In the uplifting footage, rescued elephant Ploy Thong can be seen sending out low vibrations, letting the other elephants know she was there.

It was not long before the group then took note, heading over to inspect the new arrival, touching her with their trunks in an affectionate way.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lephant-rescued-meets-hard.html#ixzz5BoVZQIaE

45EFA97E-4A4D-440E-A750-D10B9A25257B.jpeg

469645C0-45C7-41EC-AF46-D46AF1A365F7.jpeg

I hope Ploy Thong is happy at her new home.

Thank you, Greg, I needed to see that. Elephants are amazing beings and they, like all the animals, have suffered so much at the hands of humans. It’s so lovely to see that they are being cared for at Chiang Mai. Coincidentally, one of my SILs is Thai and she is the most lovely human being. Ploy Thong is in good hands (and trunks).

PS If anyone wants a great (but sad, in parts) book to read about the emotional intelligence of elephants, I can highly recommend ‘When Elephants Weep’ by Jeffrey Masson. It changed the way I understand these most gentle of creatures.

Thank you, Greg, I needed to see that. Elephants are amazing beings and they, like all the animals, have suffered so much at the hands of humans. It’s so lovely to see that they are being cared for at Chiang Mai. Coincidentally, one of my SILs is Thai and she is the most lovely human being. Ploy Thong is in good hands (and trunks).

PS If anyone wants a great (but sad, in parts) book to read about the emotional intelligence of elephants, I can highly recommend ‘When Elephants Weep’ by Jeffrey Masson. It changed the way I understand these most gentle of creatures.

They are indeed amazing and special animals bohemian. I cannot understand how anyone could harm them or hunt them.

We all need love and I'm so glad Ploy Thong is receiving an abundance!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back