Found Deceased SC - Dale Hunter, 76, Greenville Co., 5 Apr 2018

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Greenville County Sheriff's Office deputies are searching for a missing 76-year-old man.

According to a sheriff's office news release, deputies are searching for Dale Hunter, who was last seen at his home in the 1200 block of Altamont Road Thursday around 11:45 a.m.

Hunter was last seen wearing a blue shirt, blue jeans and a green bath robe.

According to the release, Hunter suffers from dementia and reportedly left his home to go walking but he never returned.

The sheriff's office's air support and bloodhounds have been dispatched to assist in the search for Hunter.

http://www.wspa.com/news/help-deputies-find-missing-76-year-old-man-in-greenville-co/1103146408
45f7872d2f407408029b337df1dbaf9d.jpg

You beat me to it! This is happening in my neck of the woods. It's difficult, because many of the homes along Altamont border Paris Mountain State Park, so there's a vast area of thick forest to explore, with few direct access roads. The latest update indicates that they've brought in divers to check the lakes and ponds in the area:

http://www.wyff4.com/article/search...county-for-missing-man-with-dementia/19694745

The low last night was 41 degrees F (that's at the airport, and it's usually 5-7 degrees lower up here on the mountain). Many homes up here have outbuildings where he might have sheltered, though I have yet to hear or read of LE asking homeowners to check their property.

Here's hoping Mr. Hunter is found safe and soon.

Hey, neighbors, KatzEye and sandmannc. I can hear the helicopter right now. Seems to be focused pretty close to his home; I hope that’s because they’ve somehow narrowed down the search area.

Wish I could get out and help, but I’m nursing a broken toe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greenville County Deputies halt search for Dale Hunter, the missing man on Altamont Road. Mr. Hunter is 76 years old and has dementia. 75 searchers with Fire departments, search and rescue teams, SLED, dive teams, and bloodhound teams have been retracing the search area, but have not found him]

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1808202305905882&set=a.102332263159570.3389.100001483894875&type=3&theater

With rain moving in and given the terrain, I'm guessing this is why they have stopped searching. Given that terrain, I think it's a very real possibility he could have fallen and be injured. Thinking of you, Mr. Hunter.

Yes, that IS concerning. I was just on Altamont, and while I didn’t see any LE, there is a cluster of vehicles near the house and folks milling about, so it does look like they’re still searching. I think I saw a video camera on a tripod, so we might have a update coming.

This is such a beautiful time of year up here, with cascades of yellow jessamine and purple wisteria everywhere. I so hope he’s found safe and can continue to enjoy this spring.

Still searching today. This article states that he has cochlear implants and it is believed that the batteries have run down by now. Locals were asked to check their property and outbuildings. (They we’re asked to check from day one)
I’m concerned for this gentleman based on the area that he went missing.
I’m local to this area.

http://www.wyff4.com/article/search...county-for-missing-man-with-dementia/19694745

Hope this fellow is found safe. Hendersonville,NC is about a 1 hour ride from the Greenville, SC area. I’m sure that if he had his wallet in his jeans they will check for bank card transactions.

The search has been very active today. I ran into a search crew early this afternoon; they seemed tired but absolutely committed to finding this gentleman. Altamont Road was blocked off at the Furman end (and I expect at the other end, too) to all but residents. The helicopters are circling right now. If he’s still on the mountain, I do think he’ll be found. If not, it won’t be for lack of trying.

Oh man, he looks so sweet! Fingers crossed for him

This is my area. I've been out of state so I'm behind on here. I hope he's found. It's been chilly with the rain :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back