AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimb

Reaction score
There has been a lot of chatter on the FB group about this case, is the third thread going to open?

An individual claimed to be the girlfriend of a man who was from the Wiregrass area. She stated that she had heard that he was responsible for the murders and that she had reported this to the police. Various group members made local authorities aware of the allegation. The brother of the alleged murderer is currently in prison for the kidnapping and rape of a woman and child in Ozark, Alabama.

Lots of recent activity on the FB page, although many posts and comments are being deleted. A new film recently released. And lots of activity on the thread here before it was closed. It sounds like there are some viable leads to be investigated and a good deal of public interest in this cold case. It gives me hope that there can still be justice for these girls, or at least some answers for their loved ones.

Lots of recent activity on the FB page, although many posts and comments are being deleted. A new film recently released. And lots of activity on the thread here before it was closed. It sounds like there are some viable leads to be investigated and a good deal of public interest in this cold case. It gives me hope that there can still be justice for these girls, or at least some answers for their loved ones.

You are right! Every lead is important, and just for the sake of making sure the information is out there..there was a lady named "Kim" (not her real name) who posted on the Justice for JB and Tracie Facebook page that her boyfriend, Brian Pitts, killed JB and Tracie. Brian's brother David was arrested for the kidnapping and sexual assault of a mother and child in Ozark in 2015 or 2016. "Kim" accused Brian of holding a gun to her head and a quick Google search of his name revealed that he has been arrested several time for incidents related to drugs and guns (a 9mm was specifically mentioned.) Also, some of the members of the forum remembered Brian Pitts as an older guy that hung around and bought beer for high school kids around the Dothan area at this time. May be nothing to it, but it needs to be fully investigated in my opinion.

An individual claimed to be the girlfriend of a man who was from the Wiregrass area. She stated that she had heard that he was responsible for the murders and that she had reported this to the police. Various group members made local authorities aware of the allegation. The brother of the alleged murderer is currently in prison for the kidnapping and rape of a woman and child in Ozark, Alabama.

Wonder when she reported ... back when the crime occurred or in recent years ?

My impression is that she has just reported the information in the last week or so. (At least publicly). Last year, the guy was involved with a long standoff with police in Alaska (Google his name and the information is available) in which he reportedly threatened his girlfriend and shot up his home. I don't know whether or not this is the same girlfriend, but it wouldn't surprise me. She has alerted authorities according to her and others on the FB page- again, not sure, but I think it was recently.

My impression is that she has just reported the information in the last week or so. (At least publicly). Last year, the guy was involved with a long standoff with police in Alaska (Google his name and the information is available) in which he reportedly threatened his girlfriend and shot up his home. I don't know whether or not this is the same girlfriend, but it wouldn't surprise me. She has alerted authorities according to her and others on the FB page- again, not sure, but I think it was recently.

He also used a 9mm to shoot up the house. Just sayin...

Has anyone heard from the mods when they might be considering reopening the thread?

Killarney Rose, I sent Bessie a message yesterday asking about the thread but haven’t heard back yet. I will let you know when she replies.

I would really like to see this thread started up again. This case NEVER needs to be forgotten!

I agree. EVERY lead needs to be exhaustively checked out...

I would really like to see this thread started up again. This case NEVER needs to be forgotten!
Yes. This is the case that brought me to Websleuths. I think about these girls and their families all the time.

Anybody seen Shined Rabbit yet?

It sure seems to have sparked some movement in this case. In more ways than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine