Found Deceased IA - Jake Wilson, 16, La Porte City, 07 Apr 2018 *autistic*

cybervampira

Reaction score
LA PORTE CITY, Iowa (KCRG) - Police in La Porte City are looking for a 16-year-old teen with autism.
431b789cd2fcd0d08cd43a81c5a8819d.jpg

They tell TV9 that Jake Wilson was last seen at nine p.m. Saturday on his way to Wolf Creek. Authorities say the creek is three blocks from his home.

Relatives told police Wilson has autism with a mild intellectual disorder.

Police have searched near the creek, but are looking for volunteers to help in the search. Those interested are instructed to meet at the La Porte City Fire Department, Sunday at nine a.m. That's at 202 East Main St.

Wilson is 5'6 and has hazel eyes and dark blond hair.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police.

Article: http://www.kwqc.com/content/news/Police-looking-for-missing-La-Porte-City-teen-479084503.html

Family desperate to find missing autistic teen boy says he simply ‘vanished’
http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/04/...ng-autistic-teen-boy-says-he-simply-vanished/
Authorities are searching for an autistic Iowa teen who disappeared from on Saturday and hasn’t been seen since.

“It’s like he just vanished,” Megan Neiswonger, mother of missing teen Jake Wilson told The Courier.”We searched everywhere.”

Jake, 16, went to Tootsie’s ice cream shop in La Porte City on Saturday evening. He returned homed and asked if he could go to the nearby Wolf Creek. He told his family he would return shortly but after failing to come home, his family became worried and contacted the police. Neiswonger’s husband searched the creek while on a kayak while other family members searched surrounding areas but found no signs of the teen.

[...]

Hoping he is found safe soon. It is really cold and starting to snow today in Iowa.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I'm local to the area. Weather is not good at all. Snowing good right now and sticking to the ground and roads. Windy and cold.

A search for an autistic teen who disappeared in LaPorte City continued Sunday through driving snowfall.

Barring any overnight developments, the search for 16-year-old Jake Wilson is slated to resume at 8 a.m. Monday. Those wishing to volunteer can report to the city’s fire department at that time, said Police Chief Chris Brecher.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...cle_27fd5fb9-9622-5de3-b02b-a5badbcd4f3c.html

I had hoped that they would have found him today. It is so cold outside and is supposed to be cold again tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Big ole sigh.......... where are you, buddy?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oh my lord, what is happening?
Older than the other 3 boys currently missing , but holy Hannah enough is enough already. This can’t keep happening , it just can’t.

Not saying at all that this is related but wow,,,,,,,,,,,,, the proximity to Waterloo and area where Lyric and Elizabeth went missing is paging my hinky meter.

Family desperate to find missing autistic teen boy says he simply ‘vanished’
http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/04/...ng-autistic-teen-boy-says-he-simply-vanished/
Authorities are searching for an autistic Iowa teen who disappeared from on Saturday and hasn’t been seen since.

“It’s like he just vanished,” Megan Neiswonger, mother of missing teen Jake Wilson told The Courier.”We searched everywhere.”

Jake, 16, went to Tootsie’s ice cream shop in La Porte City on Saturday evening. He returned homed and asked if he could go to the nearby Wolf Creek. He told his family he would return shortly but after failing to come home, his family became worried and contacted the police. Neiswonger’s husband searched the creek while on a kayak while other family members searched surrounding areas but found no signs of the teen.

[...]

Just saw this story on Google News. Reading this article Jake asked if he could go to the creek at night around 8:30 or 9 pm in 30 degree weather? What would he be doing in the dark at the creek by himself?? Not sure this is going to end well.

Sadly, so many missing children on the autism spectrum are found in water.

I hope this isn't the case with this young man.

It really makes no sense that a child, much less a child with disabilities, would be given permission to visit a creek at nine o'clock at night. I can't wrap my head around this at all. Wondering about the family dynamics here.

It really makes no sense that a child, much less a child with disabilities, would be given permission to visit a creek at nine o'clock at night. I can't wrap my head around this at all. Wondering about the family dynamics here.

I was thinking the same thing.
At the least, someone should have gone with him to the creek. I don't get it at all.

The creek at 9pm is very odd, especially with the weather conditions here right now. I live about 90 miles away from La Porte City. If he went to Tootsies by himself, it *appears* he may have a history of being able to walk to wherever on his own. Which isn’t really unheard of in small towns here in Iowa. I’m not sure what all can be posted on here, as I’m a newer user...but there is another child with disabilities within the family (her husbands son). I’m only bringing that up to simply show he’s cared for children with special needs (though the mother of that son has primary custody) for quite awhile. This can all be found online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw this story on Google News. Reading this article Jake asked if he could go to the creek at night around 8:30 or 9 pm in 30 degree weather? What would he be doing in the dark at the creek by himself?? Not sure this is going to end well.

I keep thinking that visit to the ice cream shoppe holds some kind of clue. Wondering if he saw someone there who asked him to meet them at the creek later ? Purely speculation on my part - MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back