GUILTY Canada - Wendy LaFleche, 41, & two children murdered, Aurora, Ont, 5 March 2006

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
NEWMARKET, Ont. (CP) - Police charged an estranged father with three counts of first-degree murder Monday after his wife and two young children were found dead in their suburban Ontario home on the weekend.

Forty-one-year-old Wendy LaFleche, her seven-year-old daughter Victoria, and three-year-old son Jesse were found dead Sunday morning in their home in Aurora, an hour's drive north of Toronto. When officers arrived at the home they reportedly found the front door open with toys scattered on the floor and blood inside.

Police said they have not yet determined the causes of death and won't speculate before autopsies are completed.

In a statement, family of the victims said they are shocked and are still coming to grips with what has happened.

"We're devastated by the events which took place Sunday and are grieving the loss of a daughter, a sister and friend, as well as the loss of two grandchildren, two precious and innocent young lives," the statement reads.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20060306/ca_pr_on_na/crime_family_dead_2

Thanks for mentioning this article, as it is not far from my hometown.

In just over a week, a mother killed her 3 month and 3 year old and then tried to committ suicide. There was some "cultural" problems in recognizing and getting help for Post Partum Psychosis. It is not widely known or recognized.

Then this happens with the mom and her two kids..........

CyberLaw said:
Thanks for mentioning this article, as it is not far from my hometown.

In just over a week, a mother killed her 3 month and 3 year old and then tried to committ suicide. There was some "cultural" problems in recognizing and getting help for Post Partum Psychosis. It is not widely known or recognized.

Then this happens with the mom and her two kids..........
Yeah, at first I was wondering if the two stories were the same at first glance with mom, two kids dead ... then after reading them both I was thinking, man, this is sad that so many kids are dying at the expense of parental problems. It's just not right.

Unfotrunately, kids die at the hand of and because of their parents.

Do you know that only 30% of spousal abuse is reported. 70% is unreported.

The mother with "suspected" post partum depression, it is hard enough to recognize, let alone get help.

Some time ago a women who is a trained in the mental health field, prominent family, very well off and highly educated. Her co-workers in the mental health field did not even "recognize" anything was wrong. Her family thought she acted and spoke oddly. She was not left alone. But she managed to slip out the door, with her baby, took her SVU to a subway station...........I don't have to tell you the rest.

So when you have a women, who has "cultural" stigma against mental illness, who does not have community support, and has PPP and kills her kids.

But in the Aurora incident, it it a clear cut case of domestic murder. The children were killed in their beds. The only reason the man's step son was not killed, he stayed over at a friends place as he is a teenager.

Children killed in their beds as they are sleeping...........

I will keep you updated..........

From January 2008:

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2008/01/11/beat_family_to_death_aurora_man_gets_life.html

An Aurora father was sentenced to life in prison today after pleading guilty to beating his wife and two children to death with a baseball bat.

“No punishment is long enough for what I’ve done,” John LaFleche, 41, told Mr. Justice Michael Brown in Newmarket court as he pleaded guilty to three counts of second-degree murder.

The judge said that LaFleche would be eligible to apply for parole in 19 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back