Masha a nine year old bear is rescued after being imprisoned in Armenia

gregjrichards

Reaction score
Walled in by concrete, Masha the bear’s only glimpse of the outside world was through the metal grille above her head.

The nine-year-old animal had been imprisoned in a tiny cell behind a restaurant, kept alive only by occasional scraps of food thrown in by the owners.

When she was finally rescued, firemen had to use bolt cutters to break open the inch-thick bars.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ending-lifetime-imprisoned.html#ixzz5C7qF2zsh

C73A1C91-93DB-4F4C-8776-33F3F8E241C6.jpeg

Old home

66BC9AF0-B5B8-44EB-B6C1-3708E05F5057.jpeg

New home

I'd love to see a follow up on this story. I hope she's living the life that she was meant to have.

B492423B-00A4-46BE-B659-1DC8F47CDF61.jpeg

I'd love to see a follow up on this story. I hope she's living the life that she was meant to have.

Heart-breaking footage shows the moment the owner of a bear who forced her to perform in a circus for nearly 20 years watched as she is released into a sanctuary.

Trainer Sasha handed over his bear Masha – pronounced Marsha – to animal rescuer Lionel De Lange For Masha, meaning the end of a life being muzzled, led on a rope, and performing tricks like riding a scooter and jumping through hoops for an audience.

The video shows the moment Masha leaves her cage to see that she is now free to roam in a new 350-square-metre purpose-built sanctuary – after previously being kept in the back of a van.

Touching moment when Masha the circus bear is released | Daily Mail Online

I’m really glad Masha is free at last.

Walled in by concrete, Masha the bear’s only glimpse of the outside world was through the metal grille above her head.

The nine-year-old animal had been imprisoned in a tiny cell behind a restaurant, kept alive only by occasional scraps of food thrown in by the owners.

When she was finally rescued, firemen had to use bolt cutters to break open the inch-thick bars.

Read more: Masha the nine-year-old Syrian brown bear is rescued after spending a lifetime imprisoned | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 132629

Old home

View attachment 132630

New home

Oh bless her. I hope she recovers from the trauma of her captivity and loss of her mother so young and goes on to lead a happy, long life in the care of people who love her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back