Yanni Arrested in Alleged Domestic Dispute

indigomood

Reaction score
Website
Visit site

The musician Yanni was arrested at his home after an alleged domestic dispute with his girlfriend, authorities said.

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ap/20060307/114175326000.html

Yanni's Song of Woe

It's time for Yanni to face the music.

The new age warbler was arrested at his Manalapan, Florida, home early Friday after an alleged domestic dispute with his girlfriend of nearly two years. Yanni, born John Yanni Christopher, faces a domestic battery charge stemming from the altercation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060307/en_music_eo/18506

Gosh and I thought he was all peaceful and everything. :p

T'sNana said:
Gosh and I thought he was all peaceful and everything. :p
Me too, It just goes to show you dont know what goes on behind closed doors...

I guess Ramtha couldn't even help him!:waitasec:

Thanks for reading my posts!:)

He's a jerk, but I must say that's one of the better mug shots I have seen!

indigomood said:

The musician Yanni was arrested at his home after an alleged domestic dispute with his girlfriend, authorities said.

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ap/20060307/114175326000.html

Yanni's Song of Woe

It's time for Yanni to face the music.

The new age warbler was arrested at his Manalapan, Florida, home early Friday after an alleged domestic dispute with his girlfriend of nearly two years. Yanni, born John Yanni Christopher, faces a domestic battery charge stemming from the altercation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060307/en_music_eo/18506
where's your dancing Yanni ,Indigo?

I wonder why he and Linda Evans broke up.

He strikes me as an arrogant, mean SOB.:slap:

JBean said:
where's your dancing Yanni ,Indigo?
:laugh: I don't have one Bean!

I'm not sure I believe the allegations against him, time will tell. I'm sure he has his side of the story. I still dig him and actually wouldn't mind a little light spanking from him, but that's just me. :p

(eta - unequivically, I do not condone physical abuse)

I do have this one ...
Copyofyannigif.gif

and of course there is always his mugshot!
mugshot, arfffgh
yannimugshot.jpg

indigomood said:
:laugh: I don't have one Bean!

I'm not sure I believe the allegations against him, time will tell. I'm sure he has his side of the story. I still dig him and actually wouldn't mind a little light spanking from him, but that's just me. :p

(eta - unequivically, I do not condone physical abuse)

I do have this one ...
Copyofyannigif.gif

and of course there is always his mugshot!
mugshot, arfffgh
yannimugshot.jpg
Don't make me go thru the dancing threads!:bang: I was sure you had one in there.:D

JBean said:
Don't make me go thru the dancing threads!:bang: I was sure you had one in there.:D
it was Cass :D and i think it is gone (wish i would have snagged it!)

Domestic battery case dropped against Yanni

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Citing a "he-said, she-said situation," the Palm Beach County state attorney's office on Friday said it won't pursue a case against New Age instrumentalist Yanni, who was arrested on a misdemeanor domestic battery charge last month.

Silvia Barthes, 33, told police that Yanni -- whose legal name is John Yanni Christopher -- struck her as he ordered her from his $7.75 million home after an argument. Not so, said Orlando Gonzalez, the musician's lawyer.

Barthes, a Bolivian who lives in Miami Beach, approached Yanni about moving into his waterfront home as they were driving home from dinner, Gonzalez said.

"He told her he didn't want her moving in, and she didn't like that," Gonzalez said. "She saw this oceanfront mansion coming to an end."

Gonzalez said Barthes tried to get money from Yanni in a letter sent to the performer's home two weeks after the altercation.

*more at link*

indigomood said:
bumping for indigo! :D

Hi indigomood :) I missed Larry's show, but I did read the transcript. Just my opinion--I think Silvia Barthes was just very angry that Yanni no longer wanted to be involved with her--I don't think he attacked her.

CNN LARRY KING LIVE

Interview With Justin Berry; Interview With Yanni

KING: The girlfriend was Silvia Barthes. We invited her to appear, the woman who accused Yanni of domestic battery. The invitation was declined. There is a statement from her attorney which says, "A civil lawsuit will be filed this week against John Y. Christopher, AKA Yanni, by Silvia Barthes relating to a recent incident which resulted in the arrest of Yanni and other matters. Ms. Barthes attempted to resolve these issues with Yanni privately and without resort to litigation and the media. However, based on Yanni's public discussion of the matters, this is no longer possible."

There was a criminal charge that was dismissed, is that right?

YANNI: Yes.

KING: What happened?

YANNI: Well, very painful, very painful time. It's been 30 days I've been sequestered in my house. I sat there and I watched everybody talk and tell their side of the story and I haven't been able to talk. And I appreciate you having me on to speak.

KING: My pleasure.

YANNI: It was a case where if I want to jump to the most dramatic aspect of what happened, I wanted to end my relationship with Ms. Barthes.

KING: Had you been seeing her some time?

YANNI: Yes, I met her about a year and a half ago. But the relationship was casual at the very beginning because I was touring, I was beginning my tour, I was rehearsing. I went on tour about six months.

So it was difficult to even start a relationship with anyone. But I liked her. She had a lot of life, she liked to have a lot of fun, go out, it was a good energy. And so we became close and we talked on the phone quite a lot. That particular night, though, I think what happened is she just lost it for a few seconds.

KING: You didn't harm her at all?

YANNI: No, absolutely not. She just lost it for a few seconds, that's all it was, and came flailing at me. And I just put my arms up to protect my face. I just was able to grasp her arms at some point. But at that point, she became very aggressive.

And

YANNI: It wasn't a discussion. It was a discussion where I was just telling her, "I think will be the end, I think. She would have to go home, that I would like to end our relationship."

KING: And she didn't want that to happen?

YANNI: No, she wasn't very happy about it. (More at link)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/04/lkl.01.html

Jean said:
Hi indigomood :) I missed Larry's show, but I did read the transcript. Just my opinion--I think Silvia Barthes was just very angry that Yanni no longer wanted to be involved with her--I don't think he attacked her.

CNN LARRY KING LIVE

Interview With Justin Berry; Interview With Yanni

KING: The girlfriend was Silvia Barthes. We invited her to appear, the woman who accused Yanni of domestic battery. The invitation was declined. There is a statement from her attorney which says, "A civil lawsuit will be filed this week against John Y. Christopher, AKA Yanni, by Silvia Barthes relating to a recent incident which resulted in the arrest of Yanni and other matters. Ms. Barthes attempted to resolve these issues with Yanni privately and without resort to litigation and the media. However, based on Yanni's public discussion of the matters, this is no longer possible."

There was a criminal charge that was dismissed, is that right?

YANNI: Yes.

KING: What happened?

YANNI: Well, very painful, very painful time. It's been 30 days I've been sequestered in my house. I sat there and I watched everybody talk and tell their side of the story and I haven't been able to talk. And I appreciate you having me on to speak.

KING: My pleasure.

YANNI: It was a case where if I want to jump to the most dramatic aspect of what happened, I wanted to end my relationship with Ms. Barthes.

KING: Had you been seeing her some time?

YANNI: Yes, I met her about a year and a half ago. But the relationship was casual at the very beginning because I was touring, I was beginning my tour, I was rehearsing. I went on tour about six months.

So it was difficult to even start a relationship with anyone. But I liked her. She had a lot of life, she liked to have a lot of fun, go out, it was a good energy. And so we became close and we talked on the phone quite a lot. That particular night, though, I think what happened is she just lost it for a few seconds.

KING: You didn't harm her at all?

YANNI: No, absolutely not. She just lost it for a few seconds, that's all it was, and came flailing at me. And I just put my arms up to protect my face. I just was able to grasp her arms at some point. But at that point, she became very aggressive.

And

YANNI: It wasn't a discussion. It was a discussion where I was just telling her, "I think will be the end, I think. She would have to go home, that I would like to end our relationship."

KING: And she didn't want that to happen?

YANNI: No, she wasn't very happy about it. (More at link)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/04/lkl.01.html
hello Jean,
Yes, I totally agree with you. I'm sure Yanni will vigorously fight the civil suit, as he should. Thank you for posting the transcript from LKL, much appreciated.... :)

How fast we forget men like OJ........no man admits to abuse if he doesnt have to-no witnesses....etc. I dont believe him over her-or her over him...but I wouldnt be so quick to think nothing happened and she is just after his money or whatever.
There are 2 sides to every story including hers.
Do you know how humiliating it is for a woman to call for help and then be dismissed as if nothing happened.
I just dont think we can believe what he says caet blanche.....god all men who do this lie---scott peterson....etc.
I am sure he is not used to being challenged or held accountable--I think ther is moe to it than meets the eye based on his side of the story or the charges being dropped.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back