Identified! IN - Indianapolis, "Small Adult" in Tote in Uhaul Van, Apr 2018 * Alyssa Sanderfer*

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) – The U-Haul agency at S. East St. and Hanna Ave. sees trucks and vans dropped off all day, but what brought police to the lot Wednesday afternoon wasn’t typical at all.

Human remains were discovered in a plastic tote inside the back of a rental van.
“It’s unknown, the age or the gender,” said IMPD officer Jim Gillespie.
Police say company employees who opened the van to inventory it made the discovery. They initially thought it was a baby.
But three hours later that changed. After carefully logging evidence, police got their first good look at the remains. They determined the victim was a small adult.
There are indications the van may not actually have been returned but may have been found somewhere else then brought to business on East St. There were a number of personal effects left in the back.
The process of trying to identify the body and determine a cause of death is underway. An autopsy will likely take place on Thursday.

https://www.wthr.com/article/police-person-found-dead-inside-tote-in-back-of-u-haul-truck

Oh, No! How awful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

She has a FB page (has not posted for many years).
https://www.facebook.com/100001944408377
c9b60898614c88a9ee57e0600ef1a79b.jpg

I'd imagine that an adult small enough to be mistaken, however briefly, for a baby would be pretty distinctive.
Yes; a facebook account under the same name for that region appears to exist on behalf of an adult with developmental disabilities, possibly syndromic.

RIP Alyssa. What a horrible thing.

This is so heartbreakingly sad.

I'm wondering if Alyssa (may she rest in peace) had been reported as missing. ??

I am from the area and know more information. Alyssa had a disability, which makes this even more horrific if that is possible. Very small stature and nonverbal according to whomever was posting on her behalf on her facebook account. https://www.facebook.com/alyssa.sanderfer

Link to the news http://fox59.com/2018/04/12/coroners-office-identifies-body-found-in-u-haul-as-26-year-old-woman/

I also have information that her aunt removed her account connection under Alyssa's FB "about me" A screen shot of her family members. And her uncle works as a Disability Service Provider....more info just not sure how much I should/can post.

As I have a son with a disability this makes my heart just break. A DSP would be "in care" of the person with a disability. I do not know if this is a connection, but fear it is.

This is so heartbreakingly sad.

I'm wondering if Alyssa (may she rest in peace) had been reported as missing. ??

No report I found before I started my research on her. Knew there was a major red flag noting a baby found, then changed to an adult. Now an adult with special needs.

More disturbing info
https://www.wthr.com/article/body-found-in-u-haul-identified-investigators-await-cause-of-death

( Sent from WTHR )

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Oh my... there will be some explaining to do!

„Until February, she lived in a rented east side home with her mother and stepfather. Neely called it "filthy" with no running water or electricity.

"It seemed to me they just let her lay...lay there all day, feed her with a feeding tube and that's how it was," she said.“

„Until February, she lived in a rented east side home with her mother and stepfather. Neely called it "filthy" with no running water or electricity.

"It seemed to me they just let her lay...lay there all day, feed her with a feeding tube and that's how it was," she said.“

Goodness - how damn sad. What a terrible way to live, if that’s true. Oh my heart [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently, the "friend" of the family is the landlord. I am so sorry Alyssa....

http://www.wishtv.com/news/local-ne...-about-womans-body-found-in-u-haul/1119372003

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - A woman in the neighborhood where 26-year old Alyssa Sanderfer once lived talked Thursday about the woman whose body was found Wednesday in a U-Haul van.

The Marion County coroner on Thursday identified the body as Sanderfer's.

Sanderfer was stuffed into a small plastic container found in the van returned to a south side U-Haul rental business, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said. Police on Thursday were not calling Wednesday's discovery a criminal investigation.

Police would not say how long her body had been there. Initially, they believed they had discovered a baby, but later determined it was an adult. The woman in the neighborhood said she may have an explanation for that.

Sanderfer's cause and manner of death remained under investigation as the coroner's office awaited toxicology results. Police said they don't know if Sanderfer died accidentally, of natural causes or if she was killed. They said they don't know why she was placed inside a container and put in the back of the van.

Online records led WISH-TV to a home on the 2100 block of Wallace Avenue on the city's east side. The landlord said Sanderfer and her family lived there. Brandi Neely was moving out all the garbage she said the Sanderfer family left behind.

"The backroom still has their crap in it. Just trying to clean it out," Neely said.

The home belongs to Neely's family. They have not located the Sanderfers.

"They had skipped town in the middle of the night. Moved out on my uncle and grandma, rented a U-Haul and moved everything that they could overnight," Neely said.

According to Neely, they left about a month ago.

Neely said that Sanderfer was disabled and lived with her mom and sister.

"She was basically not able to move. She was on a feeding tube. You couldn't, she wasn't conscious to talk to," Neely said.

"There was some confusion in the initial beginning of the investigation. There was discussion that it may have been an infant," Sgt. Chris Wilburn of IMPD's public affairs said.

Wilburn said he could not say what caused the confusion.

Neely said she believes she knows.

"That makes sense. Her arms and legs weren't developed as a normal grown 26-year old would be," she said.

Anyone with information was asked to call Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.

[h=1]Neighbor sheds light about woman's body found in U-Haul[/h]
Online records led WISH-TV to a home on the 2100 block of Wallace Avenue on the city's east side. The landlord said Sanderfer and her family lived there. Brandi Neely was moving out all the garbage she said the Sanderfer family left behind.

"The backroom still has their crap in it. Just trying to clean it out," Neely said.

"They had skipped town in the middle of the night. Moved out on my uncle and grandma, rented a U-Haul and moved everything that they could overnight," Neely said.

"She was basically not able to move. She was on a feeding tube. You couldn't, she wasn't conscious to talk to," Neely said.
"There was some confusion in the initial beginning of the investigation. There was discussion that it may have been an infant," Sgt. Chris Wilburn of IMPD's public affairs said.

"That makes sense. Her arms and legs weren't developed as a normal grown 26-year old would be," she said.
http://www.wishtv.com/news/local-ne...-about-womans-body-found-in-u-haul/1119372003

:tantrum: :censored:

RIP little Alyssa, your pain is over. You will not be forgotten. :rose:

Until, according the landlord, the family suddenly left and hasn't been seen since.
Investigators, who normally would be asking for help finding out when or where the victim was last seen and who where they were with, in this case, are saying very little.
Late Thursday, police said they located the woman's mother and were talking with her. Detectives are eager to see toxicology test results, hoping they determine a cause of death and help them focus their investigation.

https://www.wthr.com/article/body-found-in-u-haul-identified-investigators-await-cause-of-death

Apparently, the "friend" of the family is the landlord. I am so sorry Alyssa....

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - A woman in the neighborhood where 26-year old Alyssa Sanderfer once lived talked Thursday about the woman whose body was found Wednesday in a U-Haul van.

The Marion County coroner on Thursday identified the body as Sanderfer's.

Sanderfer was stuffed into a small plastic container found in the van returned to a south side U-Haul rental business, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said. Police on Thursday were not calling Wednesday's discovery a criminal investigation.

Police would not say how long her body had been there. Initially, they believed they had discovered a baby, but later determined it was an adult. The woman in the neighborhood said she may have an explanation for that.

Sanderfer's cause and manner of death remained under investigation as the coroner's office awaited toxicology results. Police said they don't know if Sanderfer died accidentally, of natural causes or if she was killed. They said they don't know why she was placed inside a container and put in the back of the van.

Anyone with information was asked to call Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.

This doesn't make much sense to me. Why would this family be renting somewhere filthy with no running water or electricity, but have a disabled relative needing to be fed with a tube in those conditions? How could landlords be allowed to rent such places?

So was it Alyssa's family who dumped the container in the Uhaul lorry or was it the landlords when clearing up? This sounds like it shouldn't be happening anyway in this day and age.

This doesn't make much sense to me. Why would this family be renting somewhere filthy with no running water or electricity, but have a disabled relative needing to be fed with a tube in those conditions? How could landlords be allowed to rent such places?

So was it Alyssa's family who dumped the container in the Uhaul lorry or was it the landlords when clearing up? This sounds like it shouldn't be happening anyway in this day and age.

My guess is it was her caregivers<cringe> that left this poor young woman's remains in the uhaul lorry. Although, as ever, I enjoy how you come up with possibilities nobody else has thought of! :)

If they were trying to conceal her death, then imho they must have the IQs of plant life.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back