Found Deceased India - Liga Skromane, 33, Kovalam, 14 Mar 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Irish husband of missing Liga Skromane fears she was taken by Indian organ harvesters

Worried partner of missing Liga Skromane has said that his love may have been taken by Indian organ harvesters.
c4201b1bc68398fa4a724d5a7af48b23.jpg

Andrew Jordan has booked a flight to Delhi tomorrow and will continue his search for his Latvian girlfriend.

The Irish Mirror reports that Liga disappeared on March 14 after leaving a yoga and wellness retreat in Kerala where she had been staying with her sister.

In hopes of finding her, Andrew, Rolestown near Swords in Co Dublin, has taken out newspaper adverts in India and plans to travel back to the popular resort of Kovalam where the 33-year-old was last seen.

He told the Irish Sunday Mirror: “I’ve hardly slept thinking about what could have happened to her.

“I’ve walked through those backstreets and there’s a very high chance she was abducted. There is a known organ trafficking trade from that country on the black market.

“Someone could be holding her in a cage in that 35 degree heat. This is what’s going through my head.”

[...]

The waitress travelled to Kerala with her sister Ilze on February 4 for a six-week Ayurvedic treatment after she suffered a breakdown last August.

Andrew said he blamed himself for her disappearance because he was originally supposed to fly out to be with her in mid-March.

[...]

"She was last sighted in the Kovalam beach area near Thrivandrum. She is suffering from severe mental illness. I have briefly returned to Ireland after 3 weeks of searching.

"I will return as soon as I have raised 1 million rupees as a reward for information leading to Liga's safe return. I have run dry and am leaning on family kindness, please help me find my wife!"
a20619bce97459682e1e739e5cf4ccc1.jpg

[...]

Article: https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/irish-news/irish-husband-missing-liga-skromane-12366279

she suffered a breakdown last August.

She is suffering from severe mental illness.

I suspect those are much more likely to explain her disappearance than organ harvesting. I don't discount the latter possibility completely, but in a country with countless thousands, maybe millions, of street children who are unlikely to be missed they would be a much safer bet than a western woman.

"Straight forward" rape and murder is also much more likely than organ harvesting. I don't know if the actual rate of rape and murder has increased in India over the past decade or if it is simply being reported much more widely now, but it definitely should be on the radar of any western woman travelling in the country.

Decomposed body near Kovalam may be of missing Latvian woman

Ths sister and friend of a Latvian woman, Liga Skromane, who went missing in March, on Saturday identified a decomposed body recovered from near Kovalam to be of the victim, Kerala Police saidd.

However, a detailed forensic examination would be done to scientifically confirm this.

The head of the body was found lying away from the rest of it, in a marshy spot.

Late on Friday, fishermen found the body in highly decomposed state and alerted the police .

On Saturday, Skromane's sister and friend arrived and identified the body from her dress and the hair.

The police will conduct an autopsy, which will be followed by a DNA test that is likely to be done at the city-based Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology.

Skromane had come to Kerala along with her sister Ilzie for ayurvedic treatment at a hospital in the capital outskirts here following complaints of depression.

She, however, went missing on March 14 and was last reported to have taken an auto-rickshaw ride to the famed tourist destination at Kovalam. She was without a passport or mobile phone at the time.

[...]

Empty bottles, cigarettes and a lighter have been recovered from the place where the body was found.

http://wap.business-standard.com/ar...-of-missing-latvian-woman-118042100192_1.html

Decomposed body near Kovalam may be of missing Latvian woman

Ths sister and friend of a Latvian woman, Liga Skromane, who went missing in March, on Saturday identified a decomposed body recovered from near Kovalam to be of the victim, Kerala Police saidd.

However, a detailed forensic examination would be done to scientifically confirm this.

The head of the body was found lying away from the rest of it, in a marshy spot.

http://wap.business-standard.com/ar...-of-missing-latvian-woman-118042100192_1.html

So she was beheaded?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So she was beheaded?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Seems like it. ☹️ Sun article:

TRAGIC TWIST Headless body found hanging upside down in tree on Indian beach in search for ‘vulnerable’ Irish tourist who vanished from yoga retreat

A HEADLESS body has been found hanging upside down from a tree in the search for a “vulnerable” Irish tourist who vanished from a yoga retreat in India.

[...]

Forensic tests are due to be completed for official identification of the remains.

[...]

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/61203...omane-missing-india-headless-body-found-beach

Seems like it. ☹️ Sun article:

TRAGIC TWIST Headless body found hanging upside down in tree on Indian beach in search for ‘vulnerable’ Irish tourist who vanished from yoga retreat

A HEADLESS body has been found hanging upside down from a tree in the search for a “vulnerable” Irish tourist who vanished from a yoga retreat in India.

Or maybe she was hung upside down in the tree and her head fell off due to decomposition. It's been almost 6 weeks in hot temperatures so I would imagine decomposition was pretty quick.

DNA test confirms decomposed body found in T’puram is that of missing Latvian woman

The result of the DNA test conducted on the decomposed body found in Thiruvananthapuram late on Friday, has confirmed that it is of the missing Latvian woman Liga.

Liga’s sister Ilze told TNM that the DNA result confirmed the dead body was that of Liga and she alleged that it’s a homicide. However, she added that she doesn’t suspect anyone in particular in connection with this. “We didn't know anybody in the area, we have never been to Kovalam beach before or any of those beaches in the area,” she said.

[...]

However, Assistant Commissioner Fort, JK Dinil said that he hasn’t seen the DNA test result. “The forensic examination and other test results also have to come,” he said.

A yoga trainer based in Kovalam is reportedly being interrogated by the investigating team. According to a report in Asianet, the trainer usually wears an overcoat, and an overcoat had been found from near the dead body. However, Dinil declined to comment on such details.

On the suspicion that it was a murder, the officer said that such conclusions can be drawn only after further investigation. “We have been collecting information from so many people, as many as 30 local people including guides. All of them are still in the process of being interrogated,” he said.

Some other reports in Malayalam media have suggested that Liga was strangulated. Her decomposed body was found from inside mangroves at Chenthilakkara near Kovalam beach on Friday, April 20.

[...]

https://www.thenewsminute.com/artic...ody-found-t-puram-missing-latvian-woman-80235

http://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...posed-body-in-kerala-is-latvians-1806805.html
HIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The DNA test of a highly decomposed body found near Kovalam in Kerala last week confirmed on Thursday that it was of a Latvian woman who went missing last month. The DNA sample was matched with Iizie -- the sister of missing 33-year-old Liga Skromane -- who had earlier confirmed the body was her sister's.
After meeting state police chief Loknath Behra, Ilzie told the media that she was content with the way the police were probing the case
The auto-rickshaw driver who dropped her at Kovalam identified that Liga did not have any bag with her. He also said the jacket found with Liga was not the one she was wearing when she rode with him.

creepy:eek:hwow:

Indian police say how tragic wife of Irishman Liga Skromane died

Tragic Liga Skromane was strangled to death, Indian police have revealed.

[...]

Previously the police had claimed that there was no foul play but they have now changed their view and have launched a murder enquiry. They had originally claimed that she died from suicide.

The cops say that the woman suffering from post-traumatic depression might have been killed.

Police Commissioner P Prakash said: “This was indicated by police surgeons. The final autopsy report is expected tomorrow. The reason for death could be manual strangulation.”

Prakash refused to answer questions whether a suspect had been identified and would also not say if anyone was arrested in connection with the death.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/indian-police-say-how-tragic-12441131

Latvian woman's death: Male sex worker in custody

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: A male sex worker was taken into custody in connection with the mysterious death of Latvian tourist Liga Skromane, in the Kerala capital. The Investigation team suspects that she was murdered.

[...]

The suspects including a male sex worker - all are from Kovalam and nearby areas - were taken into custody by police. There are indications that Liga was strangulated to death by suspected anti-socials for criminals. The police also verifying whether Liga had undergone any sexual harassment.

Sources said that a boat was also identified by the police in which Liga was brought to the secluded place at Panathura by the suspects. Forensic experts have started examining the crime spot and checking the fingerprints on the boat. Liga was told to smoke some hallucinatory drugs by the culprits. It's suspected that she might have been sexually assaulted before being strangulated to death, sources revealed.

City police commissioner P Prakash told Express that the confirmation of the sexual assault was yet to be investigated. "We have almost confirmed that Liga was murdered. So we have taken many persons in Kovalam area who have criminal records into custody for interrogation. But we can't confirm that Liga was sexually abused, Hopefully, we will get a strong lead very soon", Prakash said.

[...]

http://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...death-male-sex-worker-in-custody-1807128.html

Broken neck, smashed hip, Liga's autopsy shows struggle and murder

Thiruvananthapuram: The post-mortem report of Latvian national Liga Skromane confirms the fear that she was murdered. The preliminary autopsy report, which was released on Saturday, indicated that the overseas visitor had died after a struggle with her likely killers. Her neck cartilage was found ruptured, indicating that she was forcefully held by her neck. According to the report, the cartilage injury was grave enough to cause the death. The autopsy has also shown an injury to Liga's hip bone.

[...]

https://english.manoramaonline.com/news/kerala/2018/04/28/liga-autopsy-report-points-murder.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back