WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 #14 *Guilty*

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
3-year-old Aliayah Lunsford was last seen in her home at 6:30 am on Saturday, September 24. The search for her began at 11:30 am that day. Multiple searches have been done with no results.
cache.php

Aliayah's ears are pierced and she is missing her top four front teeth. She was last seen wearing purple Dora pajama bottoms, a pink princess sweatshirt, and no shoes.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Info & Support Thread
Media Links Thread
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders
NO RUMORS!

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here:

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed. Unless the minors are the victims, please do not post their name, only their initials.

Thanks,

Cat

Lena Lunsford Conaway's murder trial starts today Monday, April 16th, 2018. Her 3-year-old adorable little girl Aliayah has never been found. Aliayah has been missing September 2011. In 2016 law enforcement arrested Lunsford Conaway. She is charged with four different counts including the murder of a child by a parent. She faces life in prison if convicted on all charges.

[FONT=&quot]WESTON — Trial for a Lewis County woman accused in the 2011 homicide of her daughter is finally ready to take center stage. About a year and a half after Lena Marie Lunsford Conaway’s arrest, a jury of 10 women, two men and two female alternates have been selected to sit in judgment of the defendant, who’s accused in the death of her 3-year-old daughter, Aliayah Lunsford.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It took almost all of two days to seat a jury in Lewis County Circuit Court. A panel was finally seated at 4:05 p.m. Friday.[/FONT]
CLICK HERE for the whole article

Attachments

• Aliayah Lunsford.jpg
    Aliayah Lunsford.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 93
If you feel certain posts need to be brought over from thread #13 please alert on the thread and one of the mods or myself will move it over.

I can't believe how long it has been. Poor Aliayah.

Monday, April 16th:
*Trial set to begin (@ 9am ET) - WV - Aliayah Lunsford (3) (Sept. 24, 2011; not found) - Lena Marie Lunsford Conaway (34), "mom" indicted (3-6-17) on 4 counts: Murder of a child by parent by failure to provide necessities, which carries a life sentence; death of a child by parent by child abuse, which carries up to 40 years in prison; child abuse resulting in injury, which carries 1-5 years; and concealment of a dead body, which also carries 1-5 years. Pled not guilty. Jurors consist of 12 women, 2 men & 2 women alternates.

:judge:

I'm very glad they charged the lesser offenses in this case.
I think that makes it more likely they will convict her of something.

Anyone know if this trial is available to watch live?

No idea Hopeful One! :dunno:

Or even tweetering the trial....

Leslie Rubin from WCHS TV is live tweeting @ #LeslieRubinWCHS. She has been superb to cover this case from the start.
Apparently there's an issue with one of the jurors and the court is recessed. According to prosecutors Lena was offered several plea deals and turned them all down.

Leslie Rubin from WCHS TV is live tweeting @ #LeslieRubinWCHS. She has been superb to cover this case from the start.
Apparently there's an issue with one of the jurors and the court is recessed. According to prosecutors Lena was offered several plea deals and turned them all down.

https://twitter.com/LeslieRubinWCHS/status/985879470845452288

Leslie Rubin
‏
Verified account

@LeslieRubinWCHS
7m7 minutes ago
More
There is some sort of issue with one of the jurors and court is now in recess.

Thanks to those who can post updates here. I'll be checking in as I can. I only recently learned of this case and Aliayah's sweet face breaks my heart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back