Found Deceased Brazil - Kenny Paul Mukendi, Aka Kenny Vulcan, 20, Rio De Janeiro, 13 Apr 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Fears for UK rapper Kenny Vulcan as he ‘goes missing in Brazil and deletes online presence’

A young British rapper who goes by the name of Kenny Vulcan has reportedly disappeared following a recording session in Brazil. Kenny – real name Kenny Paul Mukendi – is said to have gone missing on Friday in Rio de Janeiro following a session at the OdKill Records studio, with his social media accountsbeing deleted soon after. The 20-year-old hails from Woolwich in South East London and was said to be in his last year at the Institute of Comtemporary Music, West Hampstead, before taking off to Brazil in December to advance his career.
2089e5018c7c81e16d5a11b02b66a7b0.jpg

His girlfriend Renata Lima, also 20, has appealed for information, after Kenny – whom she met over Tinder – left her house in Tijuca, northern Rio, around 2.30pm on Thursday to attend the recording session and hasn’t been seen since leaving around 1pm the next day.
1af96e2c636f1a71b009927a12b71b67.jpg

According to The Sun she said: ‘We’re really worried about where Kenny is. ‘He doesn’t speak Portuguese, he’s left his computer with me and all his clothes and shoes. ‘He has no reason to disappear and he wouldn’t leave without telling me where he was going.’ His phone’s last logged location was tracked to a block of flats in the district of Botafogo, 15 miles from the recording studio and not along his usual route home. Renata said she first began to panic when she received a notification that Kenny’s Instagram had been deleted a day after she’d last seen him – she was then unable to contact him on either of his phones.
According to The Mirror she said: ‘I was feeling ill and went to sleep, I woke up at 5pm and I saw a notification that had logged out of his Instagram account. I thought it was strange, but then when I went to find his account it had been deleted. ‘Then I found that his Facebook account had also been deleted. I began to get worried, because Kenny uses his social media accounts for everything, to publicise his work, to find the things he needs. He wouldn’t have deleted his accounts, he just wouldn’t. ‘I tried to phone him but it was switched off. Whatsapp messages weren’t received, and the last time he had accessed Whatsapp was at 1.39pm.’ Cousin Rais Bono Mapianda issued a statement on behalf of the rapper’s family that said: ‘It soon became apparent that something had gone horribly wrong when by Monday we hadn’t heard anything from him.
‘Kenny is not the sort of person to pull a stunt like this because he knows his mum and dad would be worried sick. He is a sensible and responsible lad and the eldest of three sons.
7f03cb91f166aec3cd6061ff72bda869.jpg

‘We are frantic with worry and hoping he will turn up soon unharmed. We can’t understand why his social media accounts have been deleted.’ Rio’s missing person’s department (DDPA) said they were investigating his disappearance in a statement that said: ‘We have already taken statements from witnesses and we are analysing security camera images of the areas near the site where the Londoner disappeared.’ The promising albino rapper – who is around 6ft tall, recently dyed his hair blue and was last seen wearing the red and black shirt of Brazilian football club Flamengo, white Nike sneakers and a baseball cap.

Article: http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/18/fears...ssing-brazil-deletes-online-presence-7476602/

If his social media accounts were deleted, I'm assuming it was either him or someone who had his password that did that. To delete Facebook and Instagram you need to enter your password or it won't let you delete the accounts. If he's lost or something someone will notice him, a tall albino with blue hair in Rio de Janeiro? Yeah, I don't think he can go unnoticed.

Fundraiser launched in hunt for missing UK rapper Kenny Vulcan

[...]

This week, a fundraiser was launched in an attempt to cover his family’s costs to search for him. A statement on the website said: ‘This fund is to help Kenny’s family cover the costs of the search for him.

‘Please share this page to help find him, every donation will go a long way in aiding their efforts. ‘Kenny Paul Mukendi is a talented, warm-hearted, young man from Woolwich, London. ‘Late last year he moved to Rio de Janeiro in Brazil to pursue his music and acting career.

[...]

Rio’s missing person’s department (DDPA) said they were investigating his disappearance in a statement that said: ‘We have already taken statements from witnesses and we are analysing security camera images of the areas near the site where the Londoner disappeared.’ The promising albino rapper – who is around 6ft tall, recently dyed his hair blue and was last seen wearing the red and black shirt of Brazilian football club Flamengo, white Nike sneakers and a baseball cap.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/20/fundraiser-launched-hunt-missing-uk-rapper-kenny-vulcan-7484085/

Family of British rapper missing in Rio de Janeiro issue coded message urging him to get in touch

[...]

Mr Mukendi has featured as an extra in a number of high-profile music videos, including Mary J Blige, James Blunt, Sam Smith and Lethal Bizzle.

He also appeared in Steven Spielberg’s movie Ready Player One and JK Rowling's "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindlewald".

The statement issued by Rais Bona Bin Mapianda, cousin of the missing Londoner, said: “The family has a message for Kenny, where ever he is and if he is able to listen to the news.

“There is no beef bro. Mandakouzo Boroma and Mat need you home now. Please send us a sign if possible and keep fighting.

“Kenny will know what we’re talking about with these two names which are special codes in our family, that he will immediately understand.

“We’re hoping that if he is able to receive our message that this signal gives him hope and encouragement that we are searching for him and gives him the strength to keep on fighting in whatever circumstances he finds himself in, so he returns to us safe and unharmed.”

The statement also indicated Brazilian police have been handed crucial information that could give clues to the whereabouts of the hip-hop artist from Woolwich, south east London.

It said: “The Brazilian authorities have been provided with … the necessary information requested to advance this case.’

However, due to the sensitivity of the investigation, the family added it was unable to disclose what had been handed over ‘because it’s an open investigation. We cannot interfere with the Brazilian police’s work’.

Nevertheless, it’s believed this line of inquiry could be linked to claims Mr Mukendi used his bank card on Saturday, the day after he vanished.

[...]

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/family-british-rapper-missing-rio-12409988

Family of British rapper missing in Rio de Janeiro issue coded message urging him to get in touch

[...]

Mr Mukendi has featured as an extra in a number of high-profile music videos, including Mary J Blige, James Blunt, Sam Smith and Lethal Bizzle.

He also appeared in Steven Spielberg’s movie Ready Player One and JK Rowling's "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindlewald".

The statement issued by Rais Bona Bin Mapianda, cousin of the missing Londoner, said: “The family has a message for Kenny, where ever he is and if he is able to listen to the news.

“There is no beef bro. Mandakouzo Boroma and Mat need you home now. Please send us a sign if possible and keep fighting.

“Kenny will know what we’re talking about with these two names which are special codes in our family, that he will immediately understand.

“We’re hoping that if he is able to receive our message that this signal gives him hope and encouragement that we are searching for him and gives him the strength to keep on fighting in whatever circumstances he finds himself in, so he returns to us safe and unharmed.”

The statement also indicated Brazilian police have been handed crucial information that could give clues to the whereabouts of the hip-hop artist from Woolwich, south east London.

It said: “The Brazilian authorities have been provided with … the necessary information requested to advance this case.’

However, due to the sensitivity of the investigation, the family added it was unable to disclose what had been handed over ‘because it’s an open investigation. We cannot interfere with the Brazilian police’s work’.

Nevertheless, it’s believed this line of inquiry could be linked to claims Mr Mukendi used his bank card on Saturday, the day after he vanished.

[...]

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/family-british-rapper-missing-rio-12409988
Interesting about the codes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fundraiser launched in hunt for missing UK rapper Kenny Vulcan

[...]

This week, a fundraiser was launched in an attempt to cover his family’s costs to search for him. A statement on the website said: ‘This fund is to help Kenny’s family cover the costs of the search for him.

‘Please share this page to help find him, every donation will go a long way in aiding their efforts. ‘Kenny Paul Mukendi is a talented, warm-hearted, young man from Woolwich, London. ‘Late last year he moved to Rio de Janeiro in Brazil to pursue his music and acting career.

[...]

Rio’s missing person’s department (DDPA) said they were investigating his disappearance in a statement that said: ‘We have already taken statements from witnesses and we are analysing security camera images of the areas near the site where the Londoner disappeared.’ The promising albino rapper – who is around 6ft tall, recently dyed his hair blue and was last seen wearing the red and black shirt of Brazilian football club Flamengo, white Nike sneakers and a baseball cap.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/20/fundraiser-launched-hunt-missing-uk-rapper-kenny-vulcan-7484085/

Some countries kill and sell human remains from folks with Albinisim for “Magic”. Does anyone know if the authorities have searched to find out if this is a practice in Brazil? I hope not, but like you said, he wouldn’t exactly blend in there :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some countries kill and sell human remains from folks with Albinisim for “Magic”. Does anyone know if the authorities have searched to find out if this is a practice in Brazil? I hope not, but like you said, he wouldn’t exactly blend in there :-(

I think this happens in some parts of Africa. Rio de Janeiro is still dangerous, but in other ways.

I know Rio de Janeiro is a hard city but, to me, it looks like he just... left. He had to be the one deleting his social media accounts, unless, someone else had his password which is not mentioned anywhere. I don't think we're looking at foul play here. And the "codes" make me believe it even more.

I think this happens in some parts of Africa. Rio de Janeiro is still dangerous, but in other ways.

I agree I’ve heard of it only in Africa - just wonder if it’s a culture that could have immigrated to Brazil. I admit I’m geographically-impaired so I don’t know if this is even remotely likely but it occurred to me due to his albinism.
You’re likely correct however! Is there any kind of voodoo/hoodoo in Rio that finds albinism to be special?
I hope they find him safe and sound. He looks like he has a nice smile![emoji20]

I agree I’ve heard of it only in Africa - just wonder if it’s a culture that could have immigrated to Brazil. I admit I’m geographically-impaired so I don’t know if this is even remotely likely but it occurred to me due to his albinism.
You’re likely correct however! Is there any kind of voodoo/hoodoo in Rio that finds albinism to be special?
I hope they find him safe and sound. He looks like he has a nice smile![emoji20]

These Albino twins are from Brazil and work as fashion models: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4341690/Albino-twins-S-o-Paulo-models.html
In Malawi, they probably would have been dead by now.

I think this guy wanted a time out and left. He still needs to be careful. Not because of his pigmentation but because of the horrendous crime rate there. He better not be flashing credit cards and money and keep a low profile.

he was an extra in Ready Player One, which just came out? Do I have that correct? I'd need a time out after that I think.

If taking a time out, why do that to his family, his GF? By all accounts, that is not like him.

I hate to think foul play but with what has been reported, that is the way I'd lean. I hope there is news soon for this young man and those who know and love him.

I can't find an update, so I guess still missing... but I do see Kenny's story is getting a lot of good coverage IMO. I hope it helps find him healthy and safe.

Sigh.... heartbreaking for this man's family... Please let today be the day he is found safe, and safely...

Snipped...
...Lima, who says she tried to reach Vulcan through Facebook only to find it was offline, says she also contacted OdKill Records for information on her boyfriend's whereabouts. The musicians he was working with that day say the rapper left after a lengthy recording session last Thursday night. They were still sleeping at the time he left the building. They didn't have any clues as to where he might have been headed. Last Saturday (April 14), Lima visited the studio to confirm that her boyfriend had indeed disappeared.

Vulcan's friend and fellow musician Tony Mariano says the aspiring entertainer had no plans to make a return to the U.K., and that his career plans in Brazil indicated that fact.

"[Vulcan is] a really nice guy," Mariano offers. "He was peaceful, not worried about the violence here and had no problems with anyone. He was really happy, loved it here and wanted to stay in Brazil. In fact, he was looking for a job in the music industry because he didn't want to go back to the U.K."

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2018/04/british-rapper-kenny-vulcan-disappears-brazil/

:thinking:

Rio police believe missing English rapper killed
5 hrs ago

Snipped...
...Police believe there is no crime related to the disappearance and that Kenny threw himself into the sea. "Whatever was built in the investigation for his emotional history, by the extinction of social networks, we believe he has voluntarily projected himself to the sea," said the researcher.

Read more: (Translated) here

Rio police believe missing English rapper killed
5 hrs ago

Snipped...
...Police believe there is no crime related to the disappearance and that Kenny threw himself into the sea. "Whatever was built in the investigation for his emotional history, by the extinction of social networks, we believe he has voluntarily projected himself to the sea," said the researcher.

Read more: (Translated) here

The title of this article is poor translation. it should not say 'killed' ---it should say deceased.

According to the article, police believe he killed himself. :rose:

Family of Brit rapper Kenny Mukendi upset after Brazilian cops call off hunt and claim he jumped into the sea

BRAZILIAN police have called off the hunt for missing British rapper Kenny Mukend after concluding he took his own life by throwing himself into the sea in Rio de Janeiro.

But the family of the 22-year-old musician, who vanished over two weeks ago have challenged investigators version of events.

Relatives argue since no one saw him fall into the water and a body has not been found the findings are premature.

They said the hip-hop artist, who went by the name Kenny Vulcan, didn’t have mental health problems, had everything to live for.

In an exclusive interview with the Sun Online, the missing Londoner’s father, Ken, who flew out to Rio on April 18 to help in the search for his son said the family believe Kenny is still alive.

But the dad believes his son may have decided “for whatever reason he doesn’t want to be found for now”.

[...]

They also were involved in a massive manhunt involving seven days of sea searches by lifeguards and helicopter.

She continued: “CCTV shows Kenny took an Uber around 1.46pm on Friday from Barra Sul to this location off Prainha beach.

“A bank transaction on his account confirmed the journey.

“He was last seen by the driver walking down a path that heads to the rocks high above the sea.”
4170f13ec69f173ac5f4f0bffe5f277b.jpg

The possibility of an assault was ruled out after the musician’s backpack containing his laptop, passport, bank cards, wallet, pen drives and headphones were found by surfers on the sea shore and handed into police.

The personal possessions washed up more than eight miles from Mirante da Roncador the day after the Brit went missing.

According to cops, Kenny who arrived in Brazil on December 4, was running away from personal problems in London because he had a history of depression and hoped to make a fresh start in Rio.
3b666776eb37e2758c80a438e2a7af9c.jpg

In an emotional interview a devastated Mr Mukendi rejected the claims.

[...]

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/61647...-brazil-missing-family-search-rio-de-janeiro/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr
Back